EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hosting, Websites, etc etc
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 08-18-2008 04:30:48 PM
So I've been out of the loop for a while with some of these places. Who has reliable servers that aren't down because a mosquito fart broke the equilibrium of data streaming to and fro.

What are decent prices? I know everyone and their mother gives what seems to be an endless supply of bandwidth and space, but seriously, who has the good deals that are reliable.

The last venture of web stuff I had, was rather crap. They charged little, but I had a lot of server stability issues.

So I guess my question would be, "Who do you go through?"

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-18-2008 05:18:34 PM
I've been using easycgi, mostly because all my schnit is in asp.net these days and they've got good hosting for that.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 08-18-2008 08:57:18 PM
What do you plan on using the webspace for?

Currently I'm using Dreamhost. It's like $120 normally, but a discount on the first year will take it down to $20. More room and bandwidth than I could ever use, and I'm currently hosting 2 websites and my own personal files on the server. Only problem I've ever had with it was an apache service not properly hosting a newly transferred domain name for a few days, and once I inquired it was promptly taken care of.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 08-18-2008 09:10:11 PM
I looked into Dreamhost and Easycgi. Easycgi won. My plans? Well there are a couple different things.

One for entertainment of friends. And another to store recorded stuff to let me and my bandmates have access to our raw data whenever we need it.

The entertainment would use nearly nothing for bandwidth. However, the recordings and dat files... yeah, I can see using a good portion on the 350gb of space and 3.5tb of bandwidth each month.

Thanks for the input

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: