EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Where is your God now?
Maradon!
posted 07-27-2008 08:58:56 PM

VMware is awesome

It doesn't seem to like MacOS though.

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:20:06 PM
Who browses in non maximized windows?
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:20:30 PM
way to use IE
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:21:03 PM
wait why are you using IE Tab with Evercrest?
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:21:43 PM
oh god two desktops
Maradon!
posted 07-27-2008 09:25:13 PM
quote:
x--I'm NewO-('-'Q) :
Who browses in non maximized windows?

Blindy does, which is why he's always pissing and moaning about things breaking the tables.

The XP desktop is emulated using an application called VMware. The emulated computer can do more or less everything a real computer can do, including network with the actual computer. It's pretty swell.

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:26:58 PM
so like. What's its practical purpose?
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:27:32 PM
also Blindy is a fag for browsing in non-maximized windows. I just thought I'd point that out.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-27-2008 09:28:31 PM
maximized is a little excessive at 1680x1050 unless you like a lot of blank space
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:30:52 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Cuba:
maximized is a little excessive at 1680x1050 unless you like a lot of blank space

Faggot sidekick spotted

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-27-2008 09:38:52 PM
quote:
I'm New screamed this from the crapper:

Virtualization is very important in webhosting now. Not for any of the shitty things regular people do, but for enterprise-level websites serving multiple applications, or for companies doing SAAS.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 09:42:32 PM
quote:
So quoth Karnaj:
Virtualization is very important in webhosting now. Not for any of the shitty things regular people do, but for enterprise-level websites serving multiple applications, or for companies doing SAAS.

So nothing Maradon would be doing.

Maradon!
posted 07-27-2008 09:46:15 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into I'm New who doth quote:

Jeeze I can think of a myriad of practical purposes.

Load any other OS without needing a dual boot system, safely test a file for virus behavior, if you have software with a client and server component you can make two or three virtual computers, run the server on your own PC and use the virtual ones as clients to test all that out on one computer.

The uses are about as varied as having a whole network of computers laying around, without the clutter.

I got VMware part because I'm taking classes now and I need it for school, and part because I tri-boot XP, OS X Leopard, and Vista, and rebooting just to switch between them is a pain in the weener.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 07-27-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-27-2008 10:21:08 PM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Jeeze I can think of a myriad of practical purposes.

Load any other OS without needing a dual boot system, safely test a file for virus behavior, if you have software with a client and server component you can make two or three virtual computers, run the server on your own PC and use the virtual ones as clients to test all that out on one computer.

The uses are about as varied as having a whole network of computers laying around, without the clutter.

I got VMware part because I'm taking classes now and I need it for school, and part because I tri-boot XP, OS X Leopard, and Vista, and rebooting just to switch between them is a pain in the weener.

This whole thread was just so you can use the word myriad.

Maradon!
posted 07-27-2008 10:47:36 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq I'm New booooze lime pole over bench lick:
This whole thread was just so you can use the word myriad.

I use the word Myriad all the time. It's just a part of my lexicon.

My ethos.

My patois.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 07-27-2008 11:09:28 PM
quote:
Maradon! posted

VMware is awesome

It doesn't seem to like MacOS though.

It's also against the OS X EULA (up until Leopard Server, but I doubt you've got your hands on that...). There's a lot of interesting (very technical) info about getting Darwin going under VMWare here: http://www.tgwbd.org/darwin/

VMWare Fusion and Cygwin are the only things that make dealing with Windows at work bearable.

Alidane fucked around with this message on 07-27-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Maradon!
posted 07-27-2008 11:49:28 PM
I'm running a pirated version of XP and a pirated version of Leopard on a pirated version of VMware, I'm really not going to fret too much about Leopard's EULA not allowing virtualization.
Greenlit
posted 07-28-2008 01:03:05 AM
I browse non-maximized because I can multitask.
Skaw
posted 07-28-2008 01:11:43 AM
quote:
How.... Greenlit.... uughhhhhh:
I browse non-maximized because I can multitask.

Pretty much. I'm either watching a video, chatting, or playing a game. So I can't stand browsing with a web browser taking up every inch of the screen.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-28-2008 04:38:38 AM
You're men, you're not supposed to multitask.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-28-2008 05:34:45 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Duck Tales:
You're men, you're not supposed to multitask.

Is this just your opinion or is Britain sorely out-of-date with their stereotypes?

Steven Steve
posted 07-28-2008 08:16:46 AM
THE ONLY MULTITASKIN' A MAN SHOULD BE DOING IS DRINKING HIS BEER WHILE WATCHING THE GAME AND TELLING HIS BITCH TO SHUT UP
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-28-2008 08:45:11 AM

Yeah maximizing would really make this so much easier to read.

The internet is designed to be viewed at 1024x768.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 07-28-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-28-2008 08:45:19 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Steven Steve all over myself!
THE ONLY MULTITASKIN' A MAN SHOULD BE DOING IS DRINKING HIS BEER WHILE WATCHING THE GAME AND TELLING HIS BITCH TO SHUT UP

At the same time he branles. Always branle.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 07-28-2008 11:04:10 AM
For your health!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 07-28-2008 11:21:27 AM
quote:
Maradon! posted

I'm running a pirated version of XP and a pirated version of Leopard on a pirated version of VMware, I'm really not going to fret too much about Leopard's EULA not allowing virtualization.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 07-28-2008 12:33:11 PM
I cannot stand non-maximized windows.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 07-28-2008 02:36:04 PM
Dual monitors
Blindy.
posted 07-28-2008 04:42:59 PM
quote:
When Taeldian says stuff like this, it proves there isn't a God:
Dual monitors

Fuck I'm running three monitors at work.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 07-28-2008 05:38:48 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Maradon!:
Blindy does, which is why he's always pissing and moaning about things breaking the tables.

The XP desktop is emulated using an application called VMware. The emulated computer can do more or less everything a real computer can do, including network with the actual computer. It's pretty swell.

You just now discovered VMware?

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 07-28-2008 08:07:34 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

cool man!

Maradon!
posted 07-28-2008 10:04:22 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Reynar who doth quote:
You just now discovered VMware?

I knew about it but I never bothered to actually use it

Nina
posted 07-28-2008 11:57:34 PM
quote:
Blindy. stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

Blindy.
posted 07-29-2008 08:34:59 AM
quote:
This one time, at band camp, Nina said:

That's right.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: