EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Chiropractor or Message?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 07-20-2008 06:17:45 PM
I am a courier (UPS, FedEX, DHL), so I lift a pretty decent amount of boxes during any given day. While I am fine during the entire week, on the weekends when I sit my lazy ass down in the chair for 4-5 hours either catching up on the TV I missed or playing games, my upper left back hurts. It's the kind of pain where if I could crack it (like when you are stretching and you feel things in your body move), I feel it would go away.

Is this a chiropractic thing or just tense muscles? Or should I stop consulting a group of people on the internet and go see a doctor?

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 06:36:07 PM
Ask a professional, but a chiropractor might not be bad.
Steven Steve
posted 07-20-2008 07:23:28 PM
ibuprofen and rest
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 07-20-2008 07:34:13 PM
I would go for a message. I mean, Steve and Anklebiter have given you messages now... and I have now as well. If these messages aren't making you feel better, I would think about talking to a chiropractor.

Though if you know any therapeutic massage professionals, I guess a free rub down couldn't hurt.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 07:38:25 PM
Try stretching, then taking a nap.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-20-2008 07:48:24 PM
Massage and a happy ending.
Maradon!
posted 07-20-2008 08:10:04 PM
Chiropractors are charlitans
Steven Steve
posted 07-20-2008 09:53:00 PM
Everyone is overqualified and overpaid for the work they do, frankly
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 07-20-2008 09:53:47 PM
Massage.

Unlike chiropractors there's minimum education and licensing required.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 07-21-2008 01:10:15 AM
quote:
Maradon! posted

Chiropractors are charlitans

The large majority of them are. You're better off getting a massage, or if you're in a large amount of pain (for some definition of large), actually going to a real doctor.

Greenlit
posted 07-21-2008 01:40:56 AM
quote:
Alidane obviously shouldn't have said:
real doctor.

^^

Still, probably not even needed. Get some good stretches in before work and see how it goes.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-21-2008 12:25:29 PM
quote:
Greenlit's fortune cookie read:
^^

Still, probably not even needed. Get some good stretches in before work and see how it goes.

Before and afterwards.

Chiropractors aren't entirely bogus, they can do some helpful things, but most of the time the spine realignments they perform on people don't have a root cause of a structural defect, but more often than not, it's a muscle overtense on one side that pulls everything out of alignment. Popping a book to the edge of the shelf to align with all the other books while there's still a bungee cord attached to the back doesn't do much good other than throw your money away, tbh.

Look for a Massage Therapist. Any reputable establishment will call themselves that rather than masseur/masseuses.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 07-21-2008 01:53:53 PM
Whoever said "real doctor" should win a cookie. You'd probably be surprised how many back pains have nothing to do with back problems. Ankle and knee problems, especially, can manifest as rather serious back pain due to unconscious posture shifts to avoid stressing the injured joint.

Odds are good it's just a posture problem manifesting as tight muscles, but don't trust anyone other than an M.D. to tell you that definitively. C'mon--I thought all you Canookians were always bragging about your socialized medicine!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Steven Steve
posted 07-21-2008 03:08:35 PM
The doctor will tell you ibuprofen and rest

Blackened
posted 07-21-2008 06:02:47 PM
Strech, ibuprofin and rest.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Oh shi...
what
posted 07-21-2008 08:26:46 PM
Turns out my work will pay for 12 messages a year if I get a doctor to prescribe me message therapy

Now to find a walk in clinic that isn't closed by 8:00pm

Gadani
U
posted 07-21-2008 08:48:41 PM
why do you keep spelling it like that
Maradon!
posted 07-21-2008 08:58:33 PM
It's mAssage

As a mnemonic you can try to remember austin powers going "a sensual ma-ssage?"

He's another one of you canadian faggots so it shouldn't be hard

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 07-21-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Oh shi...
what
posted 07-21-2008 09:16:12 PM
my hands type message but I want to type massage.
Blackened
posted 07-23-2008 08:45:41 PM
shit, get the free massages

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-23-2008 09:22:40 PM
Doctor prescribed mAssage therapy. gg me
Gadani
U
posted 07-25-2008 12:48:03 AM
how many posting accounts do you have
nem-x
posted 07-25-2008 12:58:15 AM
Enough to make any poll he crates invalid
nem-x
posted 07-25-2008 12:58:35 AM
thats right i said crates
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-25-2008 09:11:55 AM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Cuba:
Enough to make any poll he crates invalid

Someone's bitter

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-25-2008 09:32:43 AM
1:45 or so.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-25-2008 09:35:40 AM
$15 for an hour massage. Time to book an appointment
nem-x
posted 07-25-2008 09:55:08 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-25-2008 10:36:00 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have nem-x all over myself!
i hope you get a man

Joke 1:

So does he.

Joke 2:

And the man insists on giving a happy ending, after which the real massage therapist walks in.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-25-2008 08:06:44 PM
Huh. I was seeing a chiropractor once every two weeks for a while because of back pain, but then again, the military foot the bill for me.

Granted, since I havent gone in about two and a half months, the pain is back with a vengeance...

I should go to the doctor too..

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-26-2008 12:46:39 PM
Who knew that laying down on a table for an hour while having some woman massage your back would be so exhausting. I woke up 3 hours ago and I'm so sleepy.
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-26-2008 12:47:00 PM
Also best doctor prescription ever
Steven Steve
posted 07-26-2008 01:01:31 PM
The only time I've had back problems is when I had scoliosis, which I cured myself by doing spinal decompression for a few months

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-26-2008 01:23:06 PM
quote:
Steven Steve's account was hax0red to write:
The only time I've had back problems is when I had scoliosis, which I cured myself by doing spinal decompression for a few months

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Steven Steve.

Steven Steve doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Steven Steve has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Steven Steve.

Steven Steve does not sleep. He waits.

Steven Steve is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Steven Steve is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Steven Steve counted to infinity - twice.

There is no chin behind Steven Steve’ beard. There is only another fist.

When Steven Steve does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Steven Steve is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Steven Steve’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Steven Steve can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Steven Steve doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Steven Steve can slam a revolving door.

Steven Steve does not get frostbite. Steven Steve bites frost

Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Stevetatorship.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: