EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Dark Knight
CBTao
Pancake
posted 07-18-2008 03:22:06 AM
Deeper than I anticipated.

Better than a Batman movie should be.

See it, see it now, see it as soon as possible, before it is spoiled for you.

Greenlit
posted 07-18-2008 03:27:56 AM
Better than a comic book movie should be.

That was absolutely incredible, it puts X-Men 2, Spider-Man 2, and even Iron Man to shame.

Christopher Nolan can't make a third, there simply isn't anywhere to go but down.

Greenlit
posted 07-18-2008 03:32:12 AM
Heath Ledger died for that movie and his sacrifice was not in vain.

Jesus Christ did not die for a more noble cause.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-18-2008 04:17:50 AM
quote:
Greenlit impressed everyone with:
even Iron Man to shame.

God damn. I need to go see this tomorrow, then.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-18-2008 09:13:03 AM
FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

See it as soon as you humanly can, as often as you financially can, and pay attention. Savor all the little emotions.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 07-18-2008 11:03:31 AM
quote:
So quoth Greenlit:
and even Iron Man to shame.

What, what, what?

And also why the fuck doesn't this start in Germany before the end of August?

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Blindy.
posted 07-18-2008 11:19:01 AM
quote:
Captain Tarquinn needs the precioussses:
What, what, what?

And also why the fuck doesn't this start in Germany before the end of August?

Because they're having trouble figuring out how to work with the eighteen different ways to say "you".

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 07-18-2008 11:22:09 AM
Right.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-18-2008 03:42:48 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Blindy. wrote:
Because they're having trouble figuring out how to work with the eighteen different ways to say "you".

Be nice to Germany. They gave my brother a chance to go absolutely ape shit in baseball Evidently, he says the food is really good, and told me about something called "currywurst".

Blindy.
posted 07-18-2008 04:02:43 PM
Oh I love Germany, I just hate the language. Germany rocks.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-18-2008 04:12:28 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Knight Rider:
Oh I love Germany, I just hate the language. Germany rocks.

I was going to go visit this summer, but didnt quite have the money to pull it off. My brother makes it sound so damn fun, though.

Blackened
posted 07-18-2008 06:52:35 PM
Great movie, not as good as Iron Man or Spider-Man 2.

edit: well probably as good as Spider-Man 2

Blackened fucked around with this message on 07-18-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-19-2008 02:28:50 PM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Blackened all over myself!
Great movie, not as good as Iron Man or Spider-Man 2.

edit: well probably as good as Spider-Man 2

I agree with this assessment.

Also, I found Heath Ledger's performance to be excellent, but I dunno if it's Oscar-worthy. Might be worth a nomination, though.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 07-19-2008 03:41:49 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Karnaj wrote:
I agree with this assessment.

Also, I found Heath Ledger's performance to be excellent, but I dunno if it's Oscar-worthy. Might be worth a nomination, though.

He's dead, I'm sure he won't mind too much if he doesn't win it.

I am so edgy.

Norim the Stumpy
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 01:05:13 PM
but because he died, he will get it most likely. Hollywood is like that
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 07-20-2008 01:40:32 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Anklebiter, again. wrote:
He's dead, I'm sure he won't mind too much if he doesn't win it.

I am so edgy.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 07-20-2008 09:41:04 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I was going to go visit this summer, but didnt quite have the money to pull it off. My brother makes it sound so damn fun, though.

Your brother is correct. I had way, way more fun than I probably should have been allowed to have in the time I was stationed there. And that was even with the entire Red Army(tm) just over the border and with the threat of imminent, major armed conflict hanging over my head.

West Berlin was, like, totally gonzo in those days.

Biggest thing you have to fear today is getting a bad schnitzel sandwich down at the corner Imbiss. That or people laughing at your national currency when you open your wallet.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-21-2008 12:01:32 PM
quote:
I suppose the same could be said of all Greenlits...
Better than a comic book movie should be.

That was absolutely incredible, it puts X-Men 2, Spider-Man 2, and even Iron Man to shame.

Christopher Nolan can't make a third, there simply isn't anywhere to go but down.

Absolute truth here.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Steven Steve
posted 07-21-2008 12:14:17 PM
Bane plox
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 07-21-2008 02:17:55 PM
it was a very good movie, Heath Ledger did a fantastic job with the joker, more how the joker should be imho.

but, better than Iron Man, not sure there.

Blackened
posted 07-21-2008 06:08:50 PM
Iron Man was better constructed movie, though the writing was not as good as The Dark Knight.

My biggest problem with The Dark Knight is actually how they handled Batman. His suit, his techniques, his writing was all sub-par. Not horrible, but not as great as pretty much every other major character: Joker, Dent, Alfred and Gordon.

It seems apparent to me that the next Batman movie will feature The Penguin and Catwoman (To fill the role of lead female).

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-21-2008 11:18:32 PM
Just came back from watching this.

holy shit

The only way I could see Iron Man being a better movie than this one is the pacing. Iron Man gave you room to breathe in between the action. Takes time to build up to it. Kind of like a roller coaster if you will.

The Dark Knight is built more like a bullet train. Once the movie gets in motion, it doesn't slow down until you get to the credits. Not that it's a bad thing mind you, I liked The Dark Knight more than Iron Man, and I thought Iron Man was fantastic.

That being said, Heath Ledger is definitely my favorite Joker. Which kinda sucks.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-21-2008 11:50:38 PM
The next movie will be Black Mask, obv.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 07-23-2008 01:43:52 AM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

It seems apparent to me that the next Batman movie will feature The Penguin and Catwoman (To fill the role of lead female).

Catwoman was the logical step in major villain in my mind but why The Penguin?

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Blackened
posted 07-23-2008 08:42:45 PM
quote:
Azymyth.
Catwoman was the logical step in major villain in my mind but why The Penguin?
To keep up the consistent two villains per movie.

And because Catwoman will most likely not be a villain, probably closer to an anti-hero. They need a 100% bad villain. Though I will admit I would prefer Dent/Catwoman.

Catwoman will be more of her traditional role: Bruce Wayne/Batman's love interest but he's still trying to bring her in but he's torn up because he wants to bang her

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-23-2008 08:54:22 PM
It could work, but would Nolan want to piggyback off of Burton's Catwoman/Penguin thing?
Greenlit
posted 07-23-2008 08:59:19 PM
I'll only accept Catwoman/Penguin if Nolan can get Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer for repeat appearances.

Otherwise Black Mask/Bane with surprise ending that Black Mask is Harvey Dent please.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-23-2008 09:03:33 PM
Who's Black Mask?
Steven Steve
posted 07-23-2008 09:45:31 PM
Bane will never happen I'm afraid
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Greenlit
posted 07-24-2008 12:56:03 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about John Romero:
Who's Black Mask?

Pretty much an evil version of Bruce Wayne, down to the traumatic childhood and wealthy father. Except he tanked his father's company and was forced to sell it to Wayne Enterprises, making him rather loathsome of the Wayne name. After that fuck-up he turned to crime, and could be the person to step in and revive organized crime in Gotham with Batman now on the lam.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-24-2008 01:32:37 AM
He was a pretty weak attempt at a new villain. The hype declared him to be 'Crazier than Joker and deadlier than R'as Al Gul! A villain for the 80s!' though about the only thing of note was that he was a regular dude with a gun who got bit by a raccoon as a kid.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 07-24-2008 at 01:33 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: