EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Panic Attack 3: Revenge of the Anxiety
Xian
Pancake
posted 07-17-2008 07:42:57 AM
So I had what is technically my third attack while at work yesterday. Three within a month. >< At least I was finally able to get some xanax for such episodes, and am seeing a psychiatrist. (Gah, spelling atrocious)

It's really the most frightening thing. To have your body go through all this, and then to realize it's not something wrong with your body thats causing it. It's your mind making it happen. This time as soon as I got into a hospital bed I immediately felt better, unlike last time where I had after effects.

It wasn't a full on attack, I just suddenly felt like I couldn't get any air when I was breathing and my body reacted to my irregular breathing and freaking out is what I was told. Just like my first one, my second was the one where I lost it. According to wikipedia what I felt was just symptoms of being inbetween panic attacks, meaning there may be another one coming.

Other than that, life's been decent. Been thinking of making a blog so I have a place specifically for shit like this. I still have
this song stuck in my head.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 07-17-2008 10:10:07 AM
Wikipedia sucks for that kind of information.

If you want to know more about panic attacks, research peer-reviewed journal articles on the subject, especially recent ones.

Otherwise, get yourself to a counselor specializing in panic attacks. Medications only alleviate the symptoms. Therapy will be of greater help in the long term.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-17-2008 12:04:00 PM
and don't forget to shoot the wings off flies.
Gadani
U
posted 07-17-2008 12:39:05 PM
Yeah, definitely get to the source of the problem (via a therapist).

I see a ton of people that are addicted to anxiety meds (xanax etc) and they are just horrible looking.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-17-2008 02:07:27 PM
quote:
Vernaltemptress's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

If you want to know more about panic attacks, research peer-reviewed journal articles on the subject, especially recent ones.

Peer reviewed journals are really a lot to take in for someone not used to reading them, really. Heck, I know when I started to seriously read them this past year, it took a bit to get to the point where I could efficiently read them.

nem-x
posted 07-17-2008 02:22:57 PM
My college login info to tons of peer reviewed journals still work
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 07-17-2008 04:41:22 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Peer reviewed journals are really a lot to take in for someone not used to reading them, really. Heck, I know when I started to seriously read them this past year, it took a bit to get to the point where I could efficiently read them.

True, it took me about 12 weeks of research to get used to them, but they are infinitely more informative than, in this case, the DSM-IV-TR and statements about mental illnesses and related disorders from the under-informed and inexperienced.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Blackened
posted 07-18-2008 01:04:42 AM
dear diary,

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Xian
Pancake
posted 07-18-2008 01:16:47 AM
Today I met the most interesting girl, who
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-18-2008 10:20:59 AM
has teeth in her
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 07-19-2008 01:07:01 AM
Suddar
posted 07-19-2008 04:16:31 AM
Yeah maybe you should make a blog. This is all very interesting.

Be sure to give me the url if you do.

Suddar fucked around with this message on 07-19-2008 at 04:16 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: