EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: XKCD: If you like this comic, you are a psychopath
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-14-2008 07:50:23 AM

I mean, seriously.

Is this even a comic strip anymore or is it just Randall Munroe's gradual build-up to the confidence he needs to dismember and devour his ex-girlfriend?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-14-2008 09:03:47 AM
Poor, poor liberal arts major. Why do you torture yourself reading something you'll never, ever find funny?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-14-2008 09:04:36 AM
If you like Parcelan you are a psychopath.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 07-14-2008 09:33:25 AM
quote:
One thousand monkies on one thousand typewriters would eventually write what Blindy. said;

Shit just got real

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Blindy.
posted 07-14-2008 09:40:43 AM
quote:
Aaron (the good one)'s momma would never want to hear them say:
Shit just got real

Also delidgamond,

Steven Steve
posted 07-14-2008 09:41:55 AM
Great thread
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 07-14-2008 09:43:16 AM
I sometimes have a desire to dismember and devour some of my exes

Perhaps I should read this comic

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Blindy.
posted 07-14-2008 11:46:54 AM
quote:
If Steven Steve was a glacier, they'd be a fast one:
I sometimes have a desire to dismember and devour some of my exes

Perhaps I should read this comic

It's just the 'roids.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-14-2008 03:16:39 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Duck Tales:

Basically yes.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-14-2008 03:22:07 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Poor, poor liberal arts major. Why do you torture yourself reading something you'll never, ever find funny?

I don't read it, per se, but I do see it posted on YCS now and again and holy shit, this particular strip is not about math or anything you might find funny. I can even appreciate those jokes, if I don't always get them, but goddamn look at it. These are not jokes. These are the rantings of a MADMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 07-14-2008 03:23:55 PM
You know, I can dissect a radar pulse with the best of them, and was known in my day for the hoops I could make a digital o'scope jump through, not to mention being one of only a handful of people to actually find an operational use for the waterfall display on the pulse analyzer. . .but I have to agree with Parce that that comic is just dumb. It may tickle certain funny bones simply by virtue of exploiting very narrow in-jokes, but that != humor.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Blackened
posted 07-14-2008 04:59:02 PM
http://www.isxkcdshittytoday.com/

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-14-2008 05:01:07 PM
quote:
Blackened got served! Blackened got served!
http://www.isxkcdshittytoday.com/

I have a sneaking suspicion that that page never changes. Tee hee.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blackened
posted 07-14-2008 05:04:05 PM
quote:
Karnaj.
I have a sneaking suspicion that that page never changes. Tee hee.
YES.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Blindy.
posted 07-14-2008 05:49:48 PM
Actually it looks like it does, it's got an rss feed and everything.
Maradon!
posted 07-14-2008 07:45:46 PM
quote:
x--Blindy.O-('-'Q) :
Actually it looks like it does, it's got an rss feed and everything.

The RSS feed has a YES entry for every comic going back to May 19th

Blindy.
posted 07-14-2008 08:09:43 PM
quote:
Maradon! needs to learn to type:
The RSS feed has a YES entry for every comic going back to May 19th

Which means something's changing daily. Another Yes gets added.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 07-14-2008 08:13:00 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was listening to Cher while typing:
You know, I can dissect a radar pulse with the best of them, and was known in my day for the hoops I could make a digital o'scope jump through, not to mention being one of only a handful of people to actually find an operational use for the waterfall display on the pulse analyzer. . .

And I am probably the only other person on the boards who knows what you're talking about.

Go me.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 07-15-2008 12:37:44 AM
xkcd has definitely been going downhill lately, but there's no denying how awesome some of the strips were, especially geohashing and the map of the internet.

quote:
Bloodsage posted

You know, I can dissect a radar pulse with the best of them, and was known in my day for the hoops I could make a digital o'scope jump through, not to mention being one of only a handful of people to actually find an operational use for the waterfall display on the pulse analyzer. . .

The fact that you were using digital scopes means you're not that old... though the fucking things all run Windows nowadays.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: