EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Penny Arcade
Steven Steve
posted 07-10-2008 02:00:18 PM
Fuck Penny Arcade. I am tired of their eccentric faggotry. Paint the Line!?!?! Is this supposed to be funny, or just a masturbatory proto-comedy? Tycho is a big old fat blabbing cunt who makes out to be intelligent when really he's more like a techie Roger Ebert, but unfortunately I have nothing derogatory to say about Gabe other than the fact that he is a moron and is pampered and decadent, betraying even his own shallow liberal affectations. Possibly homosexual? Must remember to investigate further.

This is a thread where you agree with me that Penny Arcade is shit.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 07-10-2008 02:28:25 PM
I agree. Some of their video game commentary is funny, but their self indulgent comics about Cardboard tube samurai, talking cats and demons, and this new one about ping pong are utter shit.

I think their game selling well has really swelled the ego of the two. I find Tycho to be particularly offensive, because he strikes me as one of those people who feel compelled to use big words to describe something just because it makes them feel better than you.

Of course, our opinion matter not, because they could spunk all over a sheet of paper, and the legions of fanboys would buy it.

"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-10-2008 02:30:08 PM
I dunno, I like it most times. But I am a fat, old, blabbing, pampered, decadent, shallow liberal eccentric homosexual, so.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-10-2008 03:08:28 PM
it was a homage to over the top 1980's cold war movies, and it was hilarious.
Steven Steve
posted 07-10-2008 03:17:27 PM
more like a homoage
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-10-2008 03:18:13 PM
I like Twisp and Catsby.
Willias
Pancake
posted 07-10-2008 03:24:13 PM
Penny Arcade is run by stereotypical gaming nerds. Any faults with Gabe or Tycho's personalities can be summed up by that.

Their biggest offense is that they are one of the few comics that started the webcomic (and more specifically gaming webcomic) frenzy that has infected the internet.

Personally, I like most aspects of Penny Arcade, and having played WoW with Gabe and his wife, I like the people who run it.

Willias fucked around with this message on 07-10-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 07-10-2008 03:32:03 PM
I like it. One of the three webcomics I read.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Skaw
posted 07-10-2008 03:42:17 PM
quote:
Blindy. wrote this stupid crap:
it was a homage to over the top 1980's cold war movies, and it was hilarious.

Steve was barely born in the 80s. He wouldn't understand.

Greenlit
posted 07-10-2008 03:44:22 PM
Paint the Line was only made because they needed a week's worth of comics ready in advance, because one (or both?) of them were going on vacation.

And if you didn't find it funny then yes, you're like twelve years old.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 07-10-2008 03:53:03 PM
Sure beats comics like CAD that do a long story arc about a character suffering a miscarriage. Seriously.
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 07-10-2008 03:53:31 PM
quote:
Vorago obviously shouldn't have said:
Sure beats comics like CAD that do a long story arc about a character suffering a miscarriage. Seriously.

Wait, that really happened?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-10-2008 03:58:36 PM
quote:
Captain Tarquinn got served! Captain Tarquinn got served!

Yeah, even what's his face over at the Escapist made fun of CAD for it.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 07-10-2008 04:00:47 PM
That's where I heard about it. Thought it was a joke.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-10-2008 04:13:47 PM
quote:
I like it when Captain Tarquinn says:
That's where I heard about it. Thought it was a joke.

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080602

June 2, 2008.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-10-2008 05:12:46 PM
quote:
Captain Tarquinn stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

YCS and even GBS are in on it now, too.

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-10-2008 05:32:02 PM
quote:
Vorago Model 2000 was programmed to say:

People still read CAD?

wait, that's a stupid question.

Simply put, I have no idea how Buckley has managed to have the popularity he does, considering how shitty his comic is. I also cannot understand how he manages to have any fans whatsoever, seeing how he treats them all like dog shit.

Willias fucked around with this message on 07-10-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Maradon!
posted 07-10-2008 07:14:20 PM
I have to agree that PA just isn't fucking funny.

They have their moments. I sorta enjoyed Carl and the Deep Crow, but they manage to spoil even those with their endless pretension. The Chaps brothers are really damn big, too, and have their own rabid fans, but they don't go around pawning autographed cels or making boring, quasi-dramatic cartoons that are actually meant to be taken seriously.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-10-2008 07:48:59 PM
I don't think I've ever agreed with anyone's assessment of something being pretentious

edit: phrasing

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 07-10-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Number 1 Poster
posted 07-10-2008 08:25:33 PM
what comic strip made this?
Maradon!
posted 07-10-2008 08:32:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that's just some drawfag on /b/
Number 1 Poster
posted 07-10-2008 08:34:19 PM
I know there's a comic strip of stick figures with that kind of humour out there. SA posted a bunch like it but I can't remember where they are from.
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 07-10-2008 10:12:01 PM
probably Cyanide and Happiness

PS that webcomic with the miscarriages is totally retarded

Steven Steve
posted 07-11-2008 12:06:45 AM
The best web comic is Electric Retard, obviously. Also I'll investigate that stick figure comic because I know what you're talking about.

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-11-2008 12:07:36 AM
dunno, doesn't look like Cyanide and Happiness's art style.

cad newspost if you don't get the joke
it was posted on the day of the abortion comic

Willias fucked around with this message on 07-11-2008 at 12:19 AM.

nem-x
posted 07-11-2008 12:30:12 AM
http://www.legorobotcomics.com/?id=1
Maradon!
posted 07-12-2008 09:39:42 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-12-2008 10:04:23 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Maradon! all over myself!
[xIMG]http://maradon.makeitorky.com/falcon.gif[/IMG]

Maradon wins the entire universe.

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 07-12-2008 10:53:58 AM
CAD was always insane bullshit anyway

Valerik
Pancake
posted 07-12-2008 04:21:27 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Maradon! was all like:

Ohhhh so that's how it went down.

Blackened
posted 07-12-2008 05:50:17 PM
I like Penny Arcade, it's often very amusing.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: