EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Insert "I came" image here
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-02-2008 04:50:23 PM
Chrono Trigger DS.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 07-02-2008 04:51:21 PM
Maradon!
posted 07-02-2008 06:03:41 PM
I must be the only person in the world with absolutely no urge to replay games I've already beaten, no matter how old or nostalgic.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-02-2008 06:04:37 PM
As much as this makes me melt with glee, if it's a straight port plus extras instead of getting a 3d remake like FF3, I will be a bit disappointed. Afterall, I have Chrono Trigger on my PSP if portability was the only thing going for it.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Greenlit
posted 07-02-2008 11:46:27 PM
I'm playing FFT on an emulator right now.

But I don't really like Chrono Trigger. I just can't replay story-driven RPGs; Tactics, being more about the combat than the admittedly excellent story, and FFX-2, ditto the combat, lol the story are the rare exceptions.

Gadani
U
posted 07-03-2008 12:04:21 AM
I've never played chrono trigger so I will probably get this.

Also Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is pretty sweet if you liked Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced as much as I did.

Greenlit
posted 07-03-2008 12:12:10 AM
Well that's the thing because I didn't at all.

I found it rather repulsive.

Gadani
U
posted 07-03-2008 12:13:35 AM
I never played Final Fantasy Tactics so I can't possibly be elitist or biased about it.
Greenlit
posted 07-03-2008 12:14:14 AM
No one is perfect.
Gadani
U
posted 07-03-2008 12:20:39 AM
Thanks for your understanding.

I was 8 when FFT came out

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 07-03-2008 12:46:24 AM
The Law system in Tactics Advance was crap. I'm starting to hear it's been fixed up in A2.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Gadani
U
posted 07-03-2008 01:25:42 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Azymyth:
The Law system in Tactics Advance was crap. I'm starting to hear it's been fixed up in A2.

I don't know if it's been "fixed up" but it's shitloads more convenient with the laws being displayed on the top screen instead of me forgetting them.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-03-2008 01:43:30 AM
quote:
I suppose the same could be said of all Gadanis...
I never played Final Fantasy Tactics so I can't possibly be elitist or biased about it.

You should definitely play the original FFT. I strongly recommend the PSP version if you own the console due to the awesome FMVs and much better translation (though I will admit the original translation did have its charm).

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Gadani
U
posted 07-03-2008 01:46:38 AM
quote:
From the book of Densetsu, chapter 3, verse 16:
You should definitely play the original FFT. I strongly recommend the PSP version if you own the console due to the awesome FMVs and much better translation (though I will admit the original translation did have its charm).

I will try to find it for PS1 (dont have a psp, dont want to buy one) after I finish FFT:A2 because I am afraid it will ruin it for me.

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 07-03-2008 04:28:47 AM
Actually, i find that A2 is pretty good. You are rewarded for following the law, not punished, and so far, the laws aren't

1. No Swords
2. No White Magic
3. No Black Magic
4. No other weapons

every single match.

"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-03-2008 04:48:01 AM
quote:
What is a Gadani? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!
I will try to find it for PS1 (dont have a psp, dont want to buy one) after I finish FFT:A2 because I am afraid it will ruin it for me.

If A2 is even remotely like FFTA story-wise, you won't have to worry about anything being ruined.

Considering the fact that the only things in common with the "advanced" world of Ivalice and the original in FFT is the name.

Greenlit
posted 07-03-2008 09:08:03 AM
quote:
Anakha's Wii was naked while typing this:
Actually, i find that A2 is pretty good. You are rewarded for following the law, not punished, and so far, the laws aren't

1. No Swords
2. No White Magic
3. No Black Magic
4. No other weapons

every single match.

5. Fox only
6. FINAL DESTINATION

fuck I hated that game and those bullshit rules, just let me kill some grandmas.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: