EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Etrian Odyssey II
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 07-02-2008 05:35:16 AM
This game is just as hard (or maybe harder) than the first one. Still enjoying it though. While the three new classes are nice, I'm still going with the classes I used in the first game.

There's a lot more icons to use when mapping your dungeon. And they put a FOE on the first level too. Good thing he doesn't move, though...

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 07-02-2008 at 05:39 AM.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-02-2008 03:43:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM5MMqNgUzM
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 07-02-2008 05:46:30 PM
Yeah. They put a LOT of F.O.E.s in the game. The second floor is full of them, and there are some that block your way on the third floor. The one on the first floor wasn't easy; I was only able to beat it at level 10 with all my Force meters maxed out.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 07-02-2008 06:03:51 PM
Yeah, picked it up too and loving it. Starts off a bit slow with the difficulty but seems to even out a bit once you hit 10+

Force meters are so broken, heh

Going with Prot/Land/Gunner/Alchy/Medic atm. Gunners rule, found my preferred method of going guns/2hit and only picking up utility skills like the FOE stopping attack and the status remover. Their risk shots are cool but SO prone to backfiring horribly. Being able to freeze the stalker on the third floor to make it around and open the hidden route was so amazing. Just flying through now.

Not liking alchy too much though, gonna retire him at earliest chance I suspect... does about the same damage as others with skills, but normal melee damage is useless. Getting the feeling I could just have a different class that does the same burst damage while doing more regular damage during autoattack.

I get the feeling Chimera is gonna SUCK

Kennatsu
posted 07-02-2008 06:44:58 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Vorago said this:

Force meters are so broken, heh

How are they broken? They work just fine for me. They remain full as long as I don't go back into town...

And I'm saddened that the Alchemist lost the TP regen ability. I relied heavily on it in the first game (I would go on the defensive 'til the TP was charged up enough)...

Vorago
posted 07-02-2008 07:50:11 PM
quote:
Kennatsu thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
How are they broken? They work just fine for me. They remain full as long as I don't go back into town...

And I'm saddened that the Alchemist lost the TP regen ability. I relied heavily on it in the first game (I would go on the defensive 'til the TP was charged up enough)...

I mean broken in the overpowered sense. Especially the gunner's... massive damage and guarenteed stun. Mmm.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-03-2008 01:35:06 PM
I will play this after i finish tactics advance 2.
Kennatsu
posted 07-03-2008 05:27:47 PM
I'm on the 4th floor. Now they have BLUE FOEs. And these FOEs can go over rubble that you can't go over. I ran into one that was impossible to avoid and took it out with Force moves. I just hope that when I eliminate the Chimera on the 5th floor that these other FOEs will go away.

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 07-03-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Vorago
posted 07-03-2008 07:50:46 PM
quote:
Kennatsu wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I'm on the 4th floor. Now they have BLUE FOEs. And these FOEs can go over rubble that you can't go over. I ran into one that was impossible to avoid and took it out with Force moves. I just hope that when I eliminate the Chimera on the 5th floor that these other FOEs will go away.

None of the FOEs on the 4th floor are unavoidable. Some just take a bit of dancing around

Kennatsu
posted 07-03-2008 09:33:41 PM
They are avoidable. I've managed to make it to floor 5. Accidentally had to fight one but the Alchemist Force technique killed it in one shot.

Oh, and if you guys plan on creating teams of survivalists to scavenge, chop, or mine item points, be careful. There's a chance that a plant mob will pop up and maul all of them (if you keep them at level 1, that is).

Vorago
posted 07-04-2008 07:54:54 AM
I just spread some points around my entire team for gathering and hit up each node as I do runs, especially since I don't want to level up a ghetto farm squad just to get the good stuff on floors 3-5.

Just crapping money anyways, couldn't spend it all if I wanted to, without doing farm runs or whatnot

Vorago
posted 07-04-2008 08:11:03 PM
Chimaera was... weak

Seriously, I mapped out the 5th floor and decided, for fun, to go poke Chim and see how badly he would kick my ass...

I trounced him, stupidly. When you fight him the flying FOEs home in for you and join the fight... I had him dead by the 4th round, after only one FOE joined in and who died rapidly. Lvl 15 all around. level and a half just for killing him, plus a bonus skill point

Frickin 2,380en bow up for sale now from his tail that I sold... shame I have no survivalist <_<

Totally need to whack some foes on 4 and 5 to see what kind of items I can get from them... 6th floor looks cool though, autumn trees

Kennatsu
posted 07-04-2008 09:38:16 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Knight Rider:
Chimaera was... weak

Seriously, I mapped out the 5th floor and decided, for fun, to go poke Chim and see how badly he would kick my ass...

I trounced him, stupidly. When you fight him the flying FOEs home in for you and join the fight... I had him dead by the 4th round, after only one FOE joined in and who died rapidly. Lvl 15 all around. level and a half just for killing him, plus a bonus skill point

Frickin 2,380en bow up for sale now from his tail that I sold... shame I have no survivalist <_<

Totally need to whack some foes on 4 and 5 to see what kind of items I can get from them... 6th floor looks cool though, autumn trees

Level 15?!? I took him out at level 12, but first I took out his slave imps by luring them using the Lure Bell. I bet you met up against the invisible FOEs (they aren't visible on your map) by now.

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 07-04-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Vorago
posted 07-05-2008 10:43:23 AM
quote:
Kennatsu's fortune cookie read:
Level 15?!? I took him out at level 12, but first I took out his slave imps by luring them using the Lure Bell. I bet you met up against the invisible FOEs (they aren't visible on your map) by now.

I play during my breaks at work each day, 15min to just do a quick resource run and whatnot so I have a lot of extra exp

But conversely I have never actually used a force ability, except once when I farmed on floor 1 just to get them and see what they did (Gogo riot gun)

I imagine at some stage I will end up using 'em but for now, just never had the need

Once I hit 30 totally retiring my Alchy into something else and resting everyone else back to 25 and do a complete overhaul of their skills though.

Kennatsu
posted 07-06-2008 07:37:56 AM
I've mapped as much as I could of the 8th floor. All that's left is that nest... I'm going to have to make a new Ice Alchemist for this FOE. And bring along tons of ice oil for the rest of my party's weapons...
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: