EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Dragonlance Cartoon
Steven Steve
posted 05-26-2008 11:12:36 AM
Did anyone ever see this? The execution was pretty piss but at least they stuck to the story fairly well. The series is probably doomed though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y7U996?ie=UTF8&tag=cinemagineltd&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000Y7U996

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-26-2008 11:41:48 AM
I havent seen it, but I heard about it. I watch a trailor for it... crappy animation but I suppose the heart of the story was still there.

MAn, I havent read dragonlance in about 8 years.

I thought this was a one shot type of movie thingy. Its an attempt at a series?

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 05-26-2008 11:45:18 AM
I saw it.

Honestly, I expected it to be terrible but it was a decent movie.

Animation was kiddy and old-looking, but not bad actually. The voicing was pretty well done and seems to have drained most of their budget (Keifer Sutherland, Michelle Trachtenberg, Lucy Lawless to name a few are in there)

The story sticks true to the books better than I have ever seen in a movie.

Basically, if you like the books it's worth a watch. If not, you probably won't be interested.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-26-2008 01:17:03 PM
I caught the trailer on youtube.

Maybe they should have blown the budget on animation instead of voice actors.

Steven Steve
posted 05-26-2008 02:04:44 PM
Yes

The dragons/draconians are inexplicably 3D while everything else is 2D

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

CBTao
Pancake
posted 05-26-2008 02:46:15 PM
I and a few friends made a sort of drinking game out of this. Any time one of us cringed, we all took a shot.

We were up to 7 shots in the first 15 minutes of the movie, things got a little blurry after that.

the 2 people who were sober said with all the pausing and drinking, it took us 4.5 hours to get all the way through it.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 05-26-2008 03:21:56 PM
I haven't read Dragonlance but I did love the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon feel to it... until the 3D dragon crap came in.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-29-2008 10:41:06 AM
Animation from the 80's with CGI from the 90's.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: