EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Happy dance!
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-22-2008 09:33:43 PM
I got promoted!

Whee! No longer am I trudging the dour depths of being one of the worker drones! Now... now, I hold a position that is more of the equivelent of... dun dun dun!

...lower management.

Crap. I think I just went from the bottom of the shit pile to the middle.

Still... better paycheck!

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Razor
posted 05-22-2008 09:45:06 PM
Grats!
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-23-2008 08:32:59 PM
what wait?
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Led
*kaboom*
posted 05-23-2008 08:35:44 PM
Congrats! :3

Now go make someone do pushups xD

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-24-2008 02:58:55 AM
Congrats! I take it you're officially an NCO now? That's awesome. More money's always good, too.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Azakias
posted 05-24-2008 12:22:03 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Tron:
Congrats! I take it you're officially an NCO now? That's awesome. More money's always good, too.

Nah, I've been an NCO for the past four years. The bottom level of NCO... but still.

I just hit E5. Finally. After being up for it 8 times. And I blew the test out of the water! I scored a 60 out of 80 on the test when the average of people who advanced scored 55, and I had a final multiple of 155, when the minimum required multiple to promote was 143.

I'm in the 84th percentile for advancement, which means I did better than 84 percent of my peers in rate.

Basically, as an E4 I was only a tiny step higher on the ladder than the airmen who end up doing most of the work. As an E4, I was working alongside them, not quite having to do all the shitty jobs, but still considered 'just a worker'. Now, as an E5, I am considered a shop supervisor and my responsabilies have moved more in the direction of assigning tasks, assisting with tasks, and helping to run the workcenter. For example, just yesterday, which was my first day actually working with my new rank on my arm, I was taking meetings, authorizing tool checkout, signing for inspections that others had done, etc.

But then again, I'm one of the boot E5's in the shop now, so I'm about to inherit all the lower-management shit jobs too. But its better to be junior and working your ass off than to be senior and stuck in a position with no growth.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-24-2008 12:29:39 PM
What's it like knowing your feminine incompetence has held you back while men speed past you in rank?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-24-2008 12:32:18 PM
Who is the father?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-24-2008 12:33:37 PM
Who the fuck is it, you twat?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-24-2008 12:47:08 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan likes the cock and also said this;

It's Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Azakias
posted 05-24-2008 12:59:01 PM
Havent y'all figured it out yet?

I reproduce asexually.

Skaw
posted 05-24-2008 09:42:31 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was listening to Cher while typing:

You're a loose cannon, McGee.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-24-2008 10:08:46 PM
quote:
That damn dirty Azakias rudely interrupted me to say;
Havent y'all figured it out yet?

I reproduce asexually.

This is her way of saying that It's Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-24-2008 10:51:56 PM
Yeah, well, when I think of people not having sex, you do come to mind.

Oh snap!

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-24-2008 10:58:12 PM
quote:
Callalron likes the cock and also said this;
Yeah, well, when I think of people not having sex, you do come to mind.

Oh snap!

I'm Italian I have mob connections my friend.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-24-2008 11:25:00 PM
Yeah, and...? Through my wife I probably got Russian mob connections.

My mafia can beat up your mafia.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: