EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Indy 4
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-22-2008 02:45:50 AM
Deth and I just got back from the midnight showing for this. It was excellent. Go see it if you have the chance because it's definitely worth it.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 05-22-2008 05:39:59 AM
I swear, this was so much like an original Star Trek episode. Even the music in some places.

I loved it.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 05-22-2008 06:29:13 PM
Aliens lol

It was pretty good though. I have to admit I'm still a little biased towards Raiders and Last Crusade.

Anklebiter, again. fucked around with this message on 05-22-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-22-2008 09:52:34 PM
I thought it was pretty bad. There were a few bright spots but alot of it was terrible.
Peter
Pancake
posted 05-22-2008 10:21:44 PM
quote:
Anklebiter, again. had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Aliens lol

It was pretty good though. I have to admit I'm still a little biased towards Raiders and Last Crusade.

Honestly I thought it worked well with the jump in era's

Blackened
posted 05-22-2008 11:50:51 PM
They did well. Made me sad to see Ford looking so old.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Talonus
Loner
posted 05-24-2008 01:22:37 PM
I really wanted to like it and suspended my disbelief as much as possible, but I thought the movie just wasn't very good. It felt like just another "generic summer action adventure movie". Maybe my expectations were too high.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-24-2008 01:25:08 PM
I'll probably go see it in a week or so after my exams and when the crowds have calmed down. Mixed reviews, so I'll wait until I see it to form my own opinion.

Watching a movie on opening day just makes me want to stab people. Antisocial, ahoy!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-24-2008 02:14:20 PM
We don't normally go on opening day either, unless it's a special exception like a midnight showing where I can go in costume and see all the other nerds in their costumes

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-24-2008 04:12:38 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

Watching a movie on opening day just makes me want to stab people. Antisocial, ahoy!

When don't you want to stab people?

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-24-2008 05:56:58 PM
When he's throwing acid on them.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Steven Steve
posted 05-24-2008 11:23:38 PM
It had the Force and lightsabers and ewoks and aliens
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 05-27-2008 06:19:42 PM
Yeah, I wanted to love this movie but it's such a caricature of the 50's and the other films. It was like a fanboy wrote it, either that or half a dozen people.
Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 05-27-2008 06:32:43 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Ozimander said:
Yeah, I wanted to love this movie but it's such a caricature of the 50's and the other films. It was like a fanboy wrote it, either that or half a dozen people.

Indianna Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was written by George Lucas.

"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Maradon!
posted 05-27-2008 06:39:08 PM
quote:
Anakha's Wiiing:
Indianna Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was written by George Lucas.

"Like"

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 05-27-2008 08:19:44 PM
quote:
Anakha's Wii had this to say about Robocop:

Actually, he didn't write it though he does clearly get a credit as having created the characters. Next time sit through the credits.

Or, check IMDB.

Though, in fairness, I'd have expected a better screenplayer from the writer of Death Becomes Her.

Here is a quick link, if you're lazy. The Credits!

Edit: Well, George gets credit for the story too but Spielberg definitely had and most likely still has a bigger hard on for those pulp fiction sort of adventures.

Ozimander fucked around with this message on 05-27-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Norim the Stumpy
Pancake
posted 06-08-2008 01:43:30 AM
what made me mad was the scene with the bastard son swinging with the monkeys it was crap.

also, i heard that I missed a preview for the Avengers since my wife was ready to leave right as the credits started... i was slightly perturbed.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 06-10-2008 04:21:52 AM
saw it today, thought it was quite good.

campy and fun adventure, like the originals.

well worth the money and time.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: