EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Is dis da priestan gaem?
Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-14-2008 03:27:09 AM
So, I've one level left before canning the Shadow game and I'm unsure exactly what sort of healing spec I'd like to use. If any of you have some experience with Priests, would you mind having a look at this spec and making suggestions? I'm torn between Improved Divine Spirit and Empowered Healing.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-14-2008 03:31:41 AM
here's your spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Maelstrom&n=Eldercain

e: haha he logged off in pvp gear. the spec should be accurate though

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 05-14-2008 at 03:33 AM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 05-14-2008 12:01:22 PM
My qualifications: Played a priest since week 1. Currently working on fourth boss of the Sunwell.

This spec looks fine for PVE 5-mans. The only thing I'd change about it would be to drop the points in Martyrdom and Imp. Shield and move them into Spell warding.

Reasoning being: Imp. Shield only adds ~300-500 damage absorbed by your shield at the cost of 3 points. Martyrdom is great for PVPing, but in PVE stuff you're normally dead if you're hit by any mob at 70 heroics/Raids.

Also, I'd take two points out of Silent resolve to move further down the Disc tree like Mental Agility or Absolution.

The reason for putting a few points into Spell Warding is due to the crazy amount of AE magic damage prevalent in instances and raids. A few extra points in Empowered healing would also help your 5-man runs.

My recommendations:
PVE Spec

PVP spec

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-15-2008 08:55:42 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxT0zhxZfVxcc0qVhVo if you're on later content and have a fair amount of holy crit so you can give up holy spec.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxT0zhxZfxxcc0qVhVo if you're on earlier content had don't have enough holy crit to consistently keep inspiration up.

Some people will tell you to go 23/38. They need to learn how to fucking do math and realize that 20-40 spell damage for three casters is not worth losing circle of healing and two points in empowered healing.

Edit1: I'm talking to rodent king here, apparently.

Edit2: If you look at usual's spec, it's an attempt at a hybrid PVE/PVP healing spec since I only pull him out once a week on request and I'm too lazy to respec for that.

Edit3: Rodent king's PVP spec sucks, I wouldn't use that.
- Don't get reflective shield if you're not going to get improved PW:S, but you'd be better off getting neither since reflective shield can break CC, even though they keep saying they've fixed it.
- YOU NEED FOCUSED POWER. FULL STOP. Half second mass dispels are for all intents and purposes un-interuptable. The reason people bring a priest to an arena is for mass dispel, don't go 25+ points into it without picking up focused power.
- More than one point in blessed recovery is a waste, since the procs overwrite themselves instead of stacking, you will be getting crit more than once every 6 seconds, and 25% of the damage done re-healed simply isn't enough. It's useful as a dispel buffer, but only as that, so drop one point and use your other points elsewhere.
- YOU NEED RANK ONE HOLY NOVA to knock rogues/druids out of stealth. The only PVP priests who shouldn't have holy nova are shadow speced and don't exist.

Try something like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxrMzhgtrcotfVto0b for 2v2, 3v3, or 2h3dps 5v5 teams. In the rare case that you're the only healer on a 1h4dps 5v5 team, then you'll never have the time or opportunity to smite->sw to help drop a jerk, so go with something like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxgMuhgtrcotfqzo to maximize your dispel capabilities instead. If you are low on Resilience, then you want to do holy pvp instead of disc pvp so you can have blessed resilience (like usual's build), since that is more valuable than focused will at low resilience levels.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 05-15-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 05-15-2008 08:11:20 PM
quote:
Blindy. got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Some people will tell you to go 23/38. They need to learn how to fucking do math and realize that 20-40 spell damage for three casters is not worth losing circle of healing and two points in empowered healing.

Circle of Healing is only useful in a handful of BT/SP instances. Healing for ~6000 across a group is great theorycraft, but hardly ever happens in the actual game outside of Gurtogg and Felmyst-like bosses. The two points in Empowered healing are going to increase your Flash/Gheals by 8/10%, but Divine Spirit helps your group/raid by adding almost 50 magic damage with raid buffs.

quote:
- Don't get reflective shield if you're not going to get improved PW:S, but you'd be better off getting neither since reflective shield can break CC, even though they keep saying they've fixed it.

Reflective shield is a great way to add about 1200 damage onto any DPS class that's on you every 13 seconds. It also rips apart snake traps that cause spell pushback. I haven't seen it break CC since the last patch, but then again I 2v2 with a hunter. The ice trap's normally trinketed out of anyway.

quote:
- YOU NEED FOCUSED POWER. FULL STOP. Half second mass dispels are for all intents and purposes un-interuptable. The reason people bring a priest to an arena is for mass dispel, don't go 25+ points into it without picking up focused power.

Regardless of the cast time it will consume a GCD anyway; most of the arena teams I've seen don't bring a priest for dispells, but for mana burns. (Hence the two points in there)

quote:
- More than one point in blessed recovery is a waste, since the procs overwrite themselves instead of stacking, you will be getting crit more than once every 6 seconds, and 25% of the damage done re-healed simply isn't enough. It's useful as a dispel buffer, but only as that, so drop one point and use your other points elsewhere.

I'd have to disagree on this one. Two extra points in it would be better than say; searing light to improve an ability I'd never cast in an arena anyway. They still get overwritten, but if you're fearing off a DPSer right after a crit it's huge to get 25% life back instead of 6%.

quote:
- YOU NEED RANK ONE HOLY NOVA to knock rogues/druids out of stealth. The only PVP priests who shouldn't have holy nova are shadow speced and don't exist.

It helps against stealthers, true; but as I mentioned earlier I run with a hunter and flares save us a talent point in an otherwise useless ability. You'd be set to pick it up if you didn't have a warlock/hunter/other AE class to help find stealthers.

quote:
If you are low on Resilience, then you want to do holy pvp instead of disc pvp so you can have blessed resilience (like usual's build), since that is more valuable than focused will at low resilience levels.

Purely a difference of opinion here. Regardless of his actual resilience he'll be taking the same % of crits as he would without any. (The effects of all his crit-activated spells/talents would all trigger, without the extra damage actually being added on)

If you're comparing the talents of just Blessed Resilience against Focused Will, you're comparing not taking crits for 6 seconds against a total of 15% global damage reduction, and a 30% boost to healing for 8 seconds. It's comparable, but the loss of Power Infusion, pain Suppression, and 5/5 Enlightenment makes deep holy terrible for PVP.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-15-2008 09:15:34 PM
This is what I'm going with for now; I'm mostly going to be healing heroics and Kara for a while. If I'm lucky, a friend's guild might take me to SSC/The Eye with them. I have no plans whatever to touch PvP on my priest; I've a warlock for that.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Blindy.
posted 05-16-2008 08:19:08 AM
quote:
Damnati - Damnati = 0:
This is what I'm going with for now; I'm mostly going to be healing heroics and Kara for a while. If I'm lucky, a friend's guild might take me to SSC/The Eye with them. I have no plans whatever to touch PvP on my priest; I've a warlock for that.

-You need inspiration if you want to heal the tank on a raid. If you don't have it, you should actively avoid healing the tank and heal the rest of the raid, since it will actually hurt your tank to have you top them off versus someone who does have a +25% armor proc on crits.

-You can get by without healing focus but I generally pick it up since it's only two points and immensely useful for PVE grinding/farming/ getting ganked in PVP, and any fight with non-elite adds.

Blindy.
posted 05-16-2008 08:51:42 AM
quote:
Get the soap! Rodent King just said:
Circle of Healing is only useful in a handful of BT/SP instances. Healing for ~6000 across a group is great theorycraft, but hardly ever happens in the actual game outside of Gurtogg and Felmyst-like bosses. The two points in Empowered healing are going to increase your Flash/Gheals by 8/10%, but Divine Spirit helps your group/raid by adding almost 50 magic damage with raid buffs.

Circle of healing is useful in any fight in which more than one person is taking damage. Which is about 70% of boss fights. It's true that it becomes even MORE useful in black temple and up, but that doesn't mean it's not useful before black temple.

And I want to see a raid buffed DPS caster with 500 spirit before T6, which is where you need to pick up CoH to deal with the AOE damage anyway. Most people have 250-350, tops. Druids and Mages MIGHT have 400, if they stack it, which they don't, because it wasn't itemized heavily for anyone but priests until last patch. You're basically giving up 10% healing power to greater heal (with 1,500 +heal, 150 healing) to give a few people +25-30 spell damage. Which equates to maybe 10-15 dps. Not worth it.

quote:
Reflective shield is a great way to add about 1200 damage onto any DPS class that's on you every 13 seconds. It also rips apart snake traps that cause spell pushback. I haven't seen it break CC since the last patch, but then again I 2v2 with a hunter. The ice trap's normally trinketed out of anyway.

I'll give you that it kicks ass on snake traps. But Like I said, if you're going to go reflective, you need to grab improved shield too. And if you run with a druid or paladin, you don't need reflective shield for that. Or if you pick up holy nova.

quote:
Regardless of the cast time it will consume a GCD anyway; most of the arena teams I've seen don't bring a priest for dispells, but for mana burns. (Hence the two points in there)

It seems that you do mostly 2v2 so I think the likelihood of running into a holy paly is slimmer there, so it's very possible that you don't see the same need for .5 second mass dispels. I use it practically every fight, if not against the holy paly, against the frost mage to make him blow his cold snap early and maybe lose the second elemental.

quote:
I'd have to disagree on this one. Two extra points in it would be better than say; searing light to improve an ability I'd never cast in an arena anyway. They still get overwritten, but if you're fearing off a DPSer right after a crit it's huge to get 25% life back instead of 6%.

Your mileage may vary. Part of my role in arenas is to drop 3-3.5k damage to spike someone down, since we've only got two interrupts to work with usually. Like I said, either grab Searing light if you're going to be doing that, or put those points into absolution so you can be a good dispel-bot. And 25% of, say, a 2,000 point crit is 500 damage healed in 6 seconds. I don't think that's "huge". Or worth two talent points. Especially since that's the best case scenario- you just got a huge ass crit and then feared the guy on you so it won't be over written .5 seconds later by a 300 damage crit from his offhand auto-attack.

quote:
It helps against stealthers, true; but as I mentioned earlier I run with a hunter and flares save us a talent point in an otherwise useless ability. You'd be set to pick it up if you didn't have a warlock/hunter/other AE class to help find stealthers.

Well 2v2 with a hunter does take most of the need out. But I think having that utility is worth more than an extra point in blessed recovery, for reasons above.

quote:
Purely a difference of opinion here. Regardless of his actual resilience he'll be taking the same % of crits as he would without any. (The effects of all his crit-activated spells/talents would all trigger, without the extra damage actually being added on)

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here- Blessed Resilience works out to about 30% fewer crits and adds a ton of survivability, which is primarily what priests need until they get the gear. It doesn't matter how many pvp gadget spells you've got if you get insta-gibbed. And blowing pain suppression for yourself just to stay alive won't exactly make you a great aid to your team. But I can see where in 2v2 you wouldn't see that as being a liability.

quote:
If you're comparing the talents of just Blessed Resilience against Focused Will, you're comparing not taking crits for 6 seconds against a total of 15% global damage reduction, and a 30% boost to healing for 8 seconds. It's comparable, but the loss of Power Infusion, pain Suppression, and 5/5 Enlightenment makes deep holy terrible for PVP.

Don't get me wrong, focused will is nice, but 15% global won't keep you alive like un-critable will, until you get the resilience to the point where crits aren't like 200% damage done. It's the difference between taking 170% damage (15% reduction on a 200% crit with no resilience) and 100% damage. (non-crit with no resilience)

Also, circle of healing is a wonderful PVP spell (although not as much for 2v2, again, which is why I think we're disagreeing so much) and your only spamable instant heal. Not as nice as all the deep disc things, true, but staying alive is more important, and you need something to make up for your lack of resilience.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 05-16-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-16-2008 11:41:04 AM
quote:
So quoth Blindy.:
-You need inspiration if you want to heal the tank on a raid. If you don't have it, you should actively avoid healing the tank and heal the rest of the raid, since it will actually hurt your tank to have you top them off versus someone who does have a +25% armor proc on crits.

-You can get by without healing focus but I generally pick it up since it's only two points and immensely useful for PVE grinding/farming/ getting ganked in PVP, and any fight with non-elite adds.

My other option is to pop five points out of Spell Warding to get Healing Focus and Inspiration. In lower level raids, I'm not going to run up against the AoE issue as much and, if I'm getting hit other than that, someone's doing it wrong. Circle of Healing I'm going to hold out on until I see how organized the people I raid with are. If they don't keep groups together, CoH can't be all the valuable.

Blindy.
posted 05-16-2008 12:14:33 PM
quote:
Loosely translated, Damnati says "Kill the whales":
My other option is to pop five points out of Spell Warding to get Healing Focus and Inspiration. In lower level raids, I'm not going to run up against the AoE issue as much and, if I'm getting hit other than that, someone's doing it wrong. Circle of Healing I'm going to hold out on until I see how organized the people I raid with are. If they don't keep groups together, CoH can't be all the valuable.

Yeah, I don't know that you need spell warding until later on, and by then you should be able to transfer points from holy spec thanks to +crit gear you'll naturally be getting.

Also, circle of healing is an instant 1000-1200 hp heal with good gear. It's not mana efficient, sure, but POM (cooldown) and PW:S (debuff) are your only other options for getting health on someone pronto, and they aren't always available. It's your talent point, but I can't say I've ever missed DS when I didn't have it, but I have felt like I was missing something when I didn't have an instant heal to use.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 05-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-16-2008 12:57:57 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Blindy. wrote:
Yeah, I don't know that you need spell warding until later on, and by then you should be able to transfer points from holy spec thanks to +crit gear you'll naturally be getting.

Also, circle of healing is an instant 1000-1200 hp heal with good gear. It's not mana efficient, sure, but POM (cooldown) and PW:S (debuff) are your only other options for getting health on someone pronto, and they aren't always available. It's your talent point, but I can't say I've ever missed DS when I didn't have it, but I have felt like I was missing something when I didn't have an instant heal to use.

I hadn't noticed it was instant. I'm still learning the da healan gaem; my first BM on this character last night was a hairy experience due to slow DPS and a druid tank that isn't really geared for it yet (she's been our cat DPS while the paladin tanks). Lots of scrambling and missing heals because I was trying to help with the adds.

Blindy.
posted 05-16-2008 02:01:56 PM
quote:
Damnati - Damnati = 0:
I hadn't noticed it was instant. I'm still learning the da healan gaem; my first BM on this character last night was a hairy experience due to slow DPS and a druid tank that isn't really geared for it yet (she's been our cat DPS while the paladin tanks). Lots of scrambling and missing heals because I was trying to help with the adds.

BM isn't exactly a good instance to learn how to heal on, it's very hectic and hardly controllable. Just do me a favor and do the following.

- Put Max rank GHeal, Rank 2 Gheal, Max Rank Flash Heal, Prayer of Mending, Renew, and PW:S on your primary action bar.
- When your tank seems to be taking low, consistent damage with few spikes, queue up a max rank greater heal, and continuously cancel it until s/he needs at least 75% of the healing it's going to do. (Pitbull will help you to visualize the impact of your heal).
- When your tank is taking high, damage or spiky damage where s/he needs to be near full health 100% of the time, do the same thing but use your rank 2 Gheal (you'll maybe cancel one out of four of these)
- Always keep Renew up on your tank.
- Always keep prayer of mending on your tank (It also helps with AOE threat).
- If you get POM, bounce it on by SW:Death'ing something that isn't about to die.
- If anyone besides the tank gets agro (depending on the mob) shield+renew them, or rank 2 gheal them if they got really low.

That's about it.

Your helping with the dps on adds should pretty much be limited to dropping SW:P on the DPS target. And starshards if you're a night elf, since it's free.

On boss fights, remember to potion early and often. Try to stay over 30% mana so you can deal with unlucky crit strings without going OOM.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 05-16-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-16-2008 04:18:32 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Blindy. said this:
BM isn't exactly a good instance to learn how to heal on, it's very hectic and hardly controllable. Just do me a favor and do the following.

- Put Max rank GHeal, Rank 2 Gheal, Max Rank Flash Heal, Prayer of Mending, Renew, and PW:S on your primary action bar.
- When your tank seems to be taking low, consistent damage with few spikes, queue up a max rank greater heal, and continuously cancel it until s/he needs at least 75% of the healing it's going to do. (Pitbull will help you to visualize the impact of your heal).
- When your tank is taking high, damage or spiky damage where s/he needs to be near full health 100% of the time, do the same thing but use your rank 2 Gheal (you'll maybe cancel one out of four of these)
- Always keep Renew up on your tank.
- Always keep prayer of mending on your tank (It also helps with AOE threat).
- If you get POM, bounce it on by SW eath'ing something that isn't about to die.
- If anyone besides the tank gets agro (depending on the mob) shield+renew them, or rank 2 gheal them if they got really low.

That's about it.

Your helping with the dps on adds should pretty much be limited to dropping SW on the DPS target. And starshards if you're a night elf, since it's free.

On boss fights, remember to potion early and often. Try to stay over 30% mana so you can deal with unlucky crit strings without going OOM.

This is almost exactly how I heal with the exception that I use flash heal in place of a downranked greater. There are other variations but it's all essentially the same strategy. I'm a belf priest so it's Mana Tap and toss off SW: Pain here and there.

Edit: fucking smileys...

Damnati fucked around with this message on 05-16-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Blindy.
posted 05-16-2008 04:38:31 PM
quote:
When Damnati says stuff like this, it proves there isn't a God:
This is almost exactly how I heal with the exception that I use flash heal in place of a downranked greater. There are other variations but it's all essentially the same strategy. I'm a belf priest so it's Mana Tap and toss off SW: Pain here and there.

Edit: fucking smileys...

Use flash heal as sparingly as possible. Unless the target will die in 1.5 seconds or you're full on mana and just healing up a secondary target, a downranked greater heal is preferable in almost every single situation.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-17-2008 01:03:19 AM
This thread's timing is awesome, since I just rolled a priest.

I has mind faly now. It rocks and I am melting things. Sloooooowly.

Skaw
posted 05-17-2008 02:00:34 AM
quote:
This one time, at Delphi Aegis camp:
This thread's timing is awesome, since I just rolled a priest.

I has mind faly now. It rocks and I am melting things. Sloooooowly.

Not Priest, but close, I've been leveling a Shaman I intend to make Resto at 70. Running gag in my guild is everytime I have something to say about Earth Shock, I just say EARF SHOCK - drived Will Smith's line ofcourse.

Today, I was told to make my Earth Shock macro have /yell WELCOME TO EARF!

I shot it down though since leveling as Enhancement, I pretty much blow it off as soon as it's available.

Anyway, when I was 60 I respecced to resto with AH greens and a couple early BC quest items to get tokens for a mount. Despite being awfully underleveled for the 60-70 brackets for AB and WSG, I had a pretty good time, and suprisingly did very well. Many compliments were given to me, and I'd very often be in the top 5 for healing done despite an awful mana pool and healing+ count. Usually only behind Paladins. Sometimes I was #1. I just want to know how the hell Blizzard managed to pull of making a healing class actually fun to play.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 05-17-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Greenlit
posted 05-17-2008 03:09:29 AM
I used to have /train macro'd in with my Paladin's Flash of Light. The casting animation overrides the macro's, so you get the sound with no gesture.

One ZA run our raid leader had speaker sounds looping through his Ventrilo, and it didn't take me long to realize he also had macro sounds on.

"Alright guys, on thi - CHUGGA CHUGGA -oss we want Oldmai - WOO WOO, CHUGGA - take the first hit, then - CHUGGA CHUGGA, WOO WOO -"

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-17-2008 11:13:01 AM
quote:
There are better places to spend the points. I played 5v5 pretty exclusively when I was playing a Priest, though, and maybe you need that extra damage in your mana-drain setup.

quote:
There's no doubt that Mana Burn is important for Disc Priests, but if you're ignoring your dispels (both offensive and defensive) you aren't doing your job. Even if you have a Shaman on your team, dispelling is very important. Having your Mass Dispel be almost impossible to interrupt in addition to getting those shields and ice blocks down a full second faster is often the difference between winning and losing.
quote:
You get Blessed Recovery for the extra dispel fodder rather than for healing. There are better places to spend your points, and Searing Light isn't one of them.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-28-2008 07:09:13 PM
If your priest is having to DPS the adds in BM, your DPS needs to be fired.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-28-2008 07:51:48 PM
quote:
Densetsu stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
If your priest is having to DPS the adds in BM, your DPS needs to be fired.

It was a PUG, there's no accounting for those. I've since hit 70 and I'm rolling around 1500 +heal fully buffed (Imp DS, Fishsticks, Elixir of Healing Power). I really need more stam and spirit.

Blindy.
posted 05-29-2008 08:34:39 AM
quote:
Damnati likes to scream this out during sex:
It was a PUG, there's no accounting for those. I've since hit 70 and I'm rolling around 1500 +heal fully buffed (Imp DS, Fishsticks, Elixir of Healing Power). I really need more stam and spirit.

Spirit is hawt right now, and it's getting hotter in the expansion. Grab as much as you can when you see items come up.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-29-2008 10:38:19 AM
quote:
Blindy. stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Spirit is hawt right now, and it's getting hotter in the expansion. Grab as much as you can when you see items come up.

I don't think they'll ever make it as useful as it was early on, but they certainly made it something other than a dump stat.

I forget the name, but there's a sexy healer trinket that has a use of +300 spirit. If you can stop casting before and during that time, it's like a mini-innervate.

And even my warlock that has 0 points of spirit on gear (Save stats to chest) got a not casting Mp5 bump of double digits.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 05-29-2008 12:06:39 PM
It may be pre-BC but this staff has awesome spirit.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Blindy.
posted 05-29-2008 12:40:29 PM
quote:
Check out the big brains on Delphi Aegis:
I don't think they'll ever make it as useful as it was early on, but they certainly made it something other than a dump stat.

I forget the name, but there's a sexy healer trinket that has a use of +300 spirit. If you can stop casting before and during that time, it's like a mini-innervate.

And even my warlock that has 0 points of spirit on gear (Save stats to chest) got a not casting Mp5 bump of double digits.

WOLK has a new couple of shadow priest talents. One procs spirit tap (x% spirit bonus + x% mana regen rate for x seconds, specifics not known) when you crit with mind blast or shadow word death, another turns 30% of spirit into spell damage. VT is getting tuned down too (5% -> 2%), so spirit based regen (with meditation and spirit tap) will be more important

Willias
Pancake
posted 05-29-2008 02:48:19 PM
quote:
Blindy. wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
WOLK has a new couple of shadow priest talents. One procs spirit tap (x% spirit bonus + x% mana regen rate for x seconds, specifics not known) when you crit with mind blast or shadow word death, another turns 30% of spirit into spell damage. VT is getting tuned down too (5% -> 2%), so spirit based regen (with meditation and spirit tap) will be more important

dis?

• Dark Spirit - "Increases your Shadow damage by up to 10/20/30% of your total Spirit." (Shadow)
  • Spirit Tap now gives a 33/66/100% chance to proc, total talent points that can be put into the talent reduced to 3.
  • Improved Spirit Tap added, this new talent gives your Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death spells a 50/100% chance to give 50% extra spirit and 25% mana regeneration while casting for 8 seconds.
  • All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: