EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 360 Tags? Fie on it! What about PSN?!
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 05-11-2008 11:17:22 AM
By far the least friendly system I've ever used.

Ghengis317

All I have is RSV2 and GTA4. But maybe someone will want to shoot people with me in PS3 land.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 05-11-2008 12:00:16 PM
PS3 has no games.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 05-11-2008 12:01:43 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Sakkra said this:
PS3 has no games.

The PS3 has a $40 demo of a game. How can the 360 even top that?

Maradon!
posted 05-11-2008 12:07:57 PM
Actually the PS3 has a pretty good library now.
Greenlit
posted 05-11-2008 12:26:43 PM
It might be slow-rolling towards viability as a home console, but I hear PSN still sucks a fat one.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 05-11-2008 12:29:06 PM
Yeah, I put off buying a next gen for a while.

The PS3 won me over for its other little features that get my geeky side going. Live, however, is the winner for online land.

They need to get their act together with the PSN, but overall, for something free, its not horrible.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-11-2008 01:56:17 PM
quote:
Maradon! impressed everyone with:
Actually the PS3 has a pretty good library now.

pretty much

buyin' dis on june 12

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-11-2008 01:57:53 PM
Skaw
posted 05-11-2008 03:18:54 PM
The only reason the 360 didn't curb stomp the PS3 in it's infancy is because the Japanese are blind loyalists.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-11-2008 05:23:48 PM
that and inexcusable 5+ week turnarounds for what is perceived as inevitable console failure
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 05-11-2008 06:09:32 PM
quote:
Kegwen impressed everyone with:
that and inexcusable 5+ week turnarounds for what is perceived as inevitable console failure

This was also a major factor in my decision after nearly 2 years of console dick waving.

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 05-11-2008 07:02:49 PM
It's weird, I can think of at least 10 people I know who have had 360s since launch or soon after and none of them have had RROD. Is it overblown?
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 05-11-2008 07:13:18 PM
quote:
Noxhil Model 2000 was programmed to say:
It's weird, I can think of at least 10 people I know who have had 360s since launch or soon after and none of them have had RROD. Is it overblown?

I wouldn't say it is. 3 Friends and 2 Co-Workers have had their first Gen systems go for their magical journey to be fixed. One of my regular customers has had his brand new impervious Elite system die on him.

But for people I know it seems to be about 1 in 20 have RRoD'd

Bad news always gets the most attention though, so it makes it look like Red Ringing is as common as STD's in teens aged 14 to 19.

Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 05-11-2008 07:14:03 PM
Vairya is my PSN, but the only game I bother to play online is GTA4.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 05-11-2008 08:32:03 PM
Dthblayde, add away.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-11-2008 09:31:21 PM
I think it is overblown by the people that constantly have to get refurb shitboxes from Microsoft. I've had 5 RRODs on my 360s that I was constantly getting back.

I bought a new arcade months ago, however, and have had no issues with that one since.

Conclusion: If you never have to deal with getting a shitbox back from Microsoft, you're golden. But once you do, the cycle sucks ass.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-12-2008 01:38:03 AM
My first one died, but I bought the Gamestop warranty that is no longer sold so I was able to instantly exchange for a HDMI-enabled pro Falcon.

It's been absolutely stable since I got it last ~October

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 05-12-2008 02:27:48 PM
We can't even find any retailers that sell the PS3 80G model. The Wal-Mart and Target around here dont even have a place for it on the shelf. Only the 40G Model.

Amazon has one that's in a REALLY shitty bundle for $598 but that is entirely pointless. And actually even that one isn't from Amazon, its from the independant retailers secondary market.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 05-12-2008 at 02:30 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-12-2008 03:01:36 PM
if you're in the market for a ps3, wait until the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle on June 12

it's a backwards compatible 80GB model that comes with the game and a dual shock controller for $499

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/metal-gear-soli d-4-guns-of-the-patriots-%E2%80%93-product-details-revealed/

even if you don't like Metal Gear it's still the best deal

Maradon!
posted 05-12-2008 06:25:53 PM
Oh shit I'm probably going to move back my plans to get an apartment and a new vehicle just to get the MGS bundle.

No wait probably not.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 05-12-2008 08:25:24 PM
quote:
Kegwen stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
if you're in the market for a ps3, wait until the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle on June 12

it's a backwards compatible 80GB model that comes with the game and a dual shock controller for $499

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/metal-gear-soli d-4-guns-of-the-patriots-%E2%80%93-product-details-revealed/

AWESOME! Thanks!

I seriously seriously did NOT want to waste money on a lameass PS3 MotorStorm bundle, I mean.. Wtf! MotorStorm, no additional controller, no nothing, just the 80G Model for almost $600!

Granted, I'm not all THAT interested in the PS3 anyway, but Blu-Ray won so figured might as well get a Blu-Ray player and If I do that just get one that plays games too. But didn't want it gimped.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 05-12-2008 10:38:20 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Cuba:

Goddamn I hate Sony and BestBuy. I could only find 40 gigs around here and the games I really want to play are PS2. They should at least make a downloadable emulator for the PS3. I'd buy it because I'm retarded.

Skaw
posted 05-12-2008 10:45:26 PM
Or if you're going to market backwards compatibility as a perk, all models of your fucking product should be able to do it.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 05-13-2008 12:25:54 AM
quote:
Anklebiter, again. obviously shouldn't have said:
Goddamn I hate Sony and BestBuy. I could only find 40 gigs around here and the games I really want to play are PS2. They should at least make a downloadable emulator for the PS3. I'd buy it because I'm retarded.

Yeah that's pretty much the way it is around here. No one stocks the 80G version that IS backwards compatible. Which is what I'd actually be willing to get since I just want the Blu-Ray player mostly anyway, and figured I'd spend the bucks on one and ditch my PS2 WITH the option of playing PS3 games if they actually came out with anything I was interested in. (MGS is a start!!)

But the 20G version doesn't exist here, the 60G version was discontinued, and if you talk to the GameStop people they all pretty much say the 80G model that DOES do it pretty much may as well be discontinued, and of course the 40G model had it removed entirely. Completely stupid.

In the end though, a good Blu-Ray player will cost you as much or more than a PS3 at the moment, so you might as well ge the PS3 if you enjoy games at all. Sony is just fucking stupid, but thats pretty well known at this point.

My LAUNCHCast Station
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: