EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I'm delid
nem-x
posted 05-10-2008 07:39:35 AM
Rank your top 5 favorite tv series and I will watch the most popular ones
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-10-2008 08:04:53 AM
Everyone aspires to be me.
*** = watch first 2-3 episodes to see if you like the kind of show.

Rome (2 Seasons)
House (***On 4th Season currently)
Dexter (*** 2? Seasons)
Six Feet Under (5 Seasons)
Sopranos is suppose to be good but I haven't seen a single episode yet (10 Seasons)
Battlestar Galactica (*** 3rd Season)
Breaking Bad (1 Season)
The Shield (5? Seasons)

There's more I've gone through but I can't remember them right now.

Aaron (the good one) fucked around with this message on 05-10-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Greenlit
posted 05-10-2008 09:58:05 AM
The Shield's 7th (and final) season starts this fall.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-10-2008 10:04:00 AM
nemx has never seen Gargoyles what is up with that
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Nina
posted 05-10-2008 02:52:17 PM
quote:
Aaron (the good one) had this to say about (_|_):
Everyone aspires to be me.
*** = watch first 2-3 episodes to see if you like the kind of show.

Rome (2 Seasons)
House (***On 4th Season currently)
Dexter (*** 2? Seasons)
Six Feet Under (5 Seasons)
Battlestar Galactica (*** 3rd Season)

This, except Battlestar Galactica is going on its 4th and final season.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 05-11-2008 12:54:32 AM
Firefly
Dead Like Me
Scrubs
Boston Legal
The Shield
Deadwood
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 05-11-2008 02:30:17 AM
The first season of Weeds is super awesome. It kinda goes downhill after that, since there are really so many story angles you can take with a yuppie soccer mom selling pot, but it's still decent in the second and third season.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 05-11-2008 02:57:33 AM
Some friends of mine got me into Carnivale a few months back. Even though it got canned in its second season (and they really rush the story along), I adore it. And it gave me a new-found appreciation for midgets and Clancy Brown.
Greenlit
posted 05-11-2008 03:00:05 AM
Everyone in Carnivale is amazing. Absolutely everyone.

It got canned because the plot was incomprehensible if you didn't watch from the very beginning - even worse than LOST - and apparently the per-episode budget was far beyond anything else HBO had ever done.

Yet in those two seasons it won five Emmys and was nominated for another ten more. It was a wonderful show, and probably won't get the Serenity treatment.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-12-2008 01:19:22 PM
I dig a lot of the HBO shows, but they charge way too goddamn much for the boxsets, so fuck em. I'm not paying 80-85 dollars for some effin' DVDs. This is why they won't get the Firefly treatment.

That boxset could be picked up for 20-30 dollars.

Wulfie
Pancake
posted 05-14-2008 12:33:25 AM
Bones
Dead like me
Deadliest Catch
Dirty Jobs
Ghost Hunters
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you.
-Rita Mae Brown
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 05-14-2008 04:10:45 AM
quote:
Firefly

Pure Awesome!

quote:
Dead Like Me

Hilarious, somtimes disturbing, sometimes deep, sometimes cheesy, overall GREAT show. I loved it. It got the cancel treatment though.

I don't watch TV much anymore at all, but the shows besides those up there that I DO watch are:

Chuck - LOVE IT! My favorite new show.
Heroes
Eureka
Ghost Whisperer - Not great, but a guilty pleasure... But I think it's mainly just to watch boob girl more. I'm not sure. It's a decent show though.

Other than Chuck (And Heroes to a lesser degree), I don't even catch the other shows all the time when they are on.

If we are talking TV series of all time kinda deal... The list is too long.

Quantum Leap is definitely up there though.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Greenlit
posted 05-14-2008 04:42:05 AM
I haven't bothered with the second season of Heroes at all.

What amazing miniseries are they shamelessly ripping off this time around?

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 05-14-2008 07:06:53 AM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Robocop:
I haven't bothered with the second season of Heroes at all.

What amazing miniseries are they shamelessly ripping off this time around?

Themselves. Season 2 was Season 1 revisited. Only with a couple of really REALLY shitty new characters and pointless go nowhere plots involving a couple mexicans and the overated new spock, and some black chick living out the horrors in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina... yeah, they went there.

But then again, comic books are the exact same way. Every major arch (Excluding some X-Men archs which dealt more with bigotry) are always some new "Threat to the World that must be stopped" just in a new way, with new enemies. Heroes is no different.

They also completely ruined Hiro, and the whole Peter plot makes suspension of disbelief when dealing with him almost impossible. Think the horror of Emo Peter Parker mixed with a 30 year old special ed kid which is the only explaination for why any believeable character would be that dense.

Putting all that aside though, it wasn't ALL bad. Some of the plots were absolutely fantastic, and most of the players worked REALLY well. It was sluggish, and sometimes downright painfull to watch the first few episodes with only a few highlights making them good, but the second half of the shortened season was a non stop action/revelation fest.

Elle was done great. She was creepy, fucking hot, and... really creepy.

If you had to sum it up and you split it in to two parts. The first part sucked bad, with only minimal coolness and BARELY enough to get a hook going to keep you watching. The second half was however incredibly enjoyable, fun, full of the comic-geekiness cool, and hookfull. It has a tough road going in to season 3.

This season was pretty much why Chuck was elevated to must watch status, and Heroes into an "If I can" with the exception of the second half of the season.

Coincidentally, which mini were you thinking they ripped off? Because, while not original, I don't really think they ripped anything really specific as opposed to just mimiccing comic book mythos; most specifically X-Men.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 05-14-2008 at 07:11 AM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Greenlit
posted 05-14-2008 07:09:59 AM
Season one of Heroes might have well been subtitled "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 05-14-2008 07:17:00 AM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Cuba:
Season one of Heroes might have well been subtitled "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Ahhh... I don't know anything about Watchmen. So that would explain it.

First I had ever heard of it was when the movie in the works was announced for it.

I have very limited experience with Alan Moore period (Only know him because Xyrra has raved, and some recent movies using his material. To be honest). Assuming his version of V for Vendetta is the one that was used and not some messed up reinvisioning instead; Then I'm not sure I would like it. Cause I was incredibly bored by V and totally uninterested.

Watchmen gets high praise from just about everyone though, since I've heard about it, so I shall have to figure out what all the fuss is about. I'm assuming I just missed the point in V for Vendetta, which is why I didn't enjoy it.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Greenlit
posted 05-14-2008 07:22:47 AM
The original message of V was anarchy, not a William Wallace cry of 'Freedom'.

It was significantly different than the movie, but I still greatly enjoyed it. Hugo Weaving, Stephen Rea and Stephen Fry were all amazing.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 05-14-2008 07:29:08 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Greenlit wrote:
The original message of V was anarchy, not a William Wallace cry of 'Freedom'.

It was significantly different than the movie, but I still greatly enjoyed it. Hugo Weaving, Stephen Rea and Stephen Fry were all amazing.

Oh I loved the acting, and I thought it the shots were great. I just kept trying to figure out what the "Deeper Meaning" was supposed to be because I had heard everyone talk about it on here (The Story); but I was completely lost trying to place any of it, and I just never got it so it never kept my interest.

I'm rather glad I didn't read it first then. Cause I tend to get pissy when good stories get completely altered. But we've had that discussion before.

Edit, Clarity: I can handle changes made for consistancy, the medium, and whatnot- as long as the underlying heart of the story remains similar, and/or familiar. Complete alterations which change the core, though, tend to annoy me.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 05-14-2008 at 07:31 AM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Zair
The Imp
posted 05-14-2008 04:30:50 PM
Sopranos
Rome
Extras
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Six Feet Under

Arrested Development
Weeds
Dexter

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-17-2008 11:50:10 AM
Firefly
Scrubs
Boston Legal
Psych
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 05-18-2008 01:12:43 PM
Scrubs, just, full of Win. Good casting, writing. Sarah Chalke.. (Fapfapfap)
Sopranos (I own the DVDs Gogo gadget christmas. But the edited reruns on A&E aren't too butchered.)
LOST (Yes, they are making it up as they go along)
Deadliest Catch is oddly addictive.
Fairly Odd Parents. (I have a 2 year old. Fuck you.)
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Maradon!
posted 05-18-2008 01:47:07 PM
Dexter
BSG

These are the only tv series's that I watch.

Greenlit
posted 05-18-2008 01:50:48 PM
I just got caught up on Dexter last night. It's another I would recommend people watch, but I suspect the edited version on CBS is rubbish.
Maradon!
posted 05-18-2008 02:59:45 PM
Season 2 has nipples flying all over the goddamn place

and also the immortal line

"Oh! Pardon my tits."

nem-x
posted 05-26-2008 12:30:52 AM
the 13th colony on earth are a bunch of cylons IM CALLING IT
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: