EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Little kid threatens to kill President Bush.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-24-2008 10:27:04 PM
Rather rambling, and rather insane.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 04-24-2008 10:43:55 PM
Yeah, this is out there and the shit people are saying about it is pretty asinine.

Little kids don't know what the fuck. The only reason this is news is because he posted it on youtube.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 04-25-2008 04:34:50 AM
Treason!
SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-25-2008 08:13:26 AM
It's the parent who is to blame.
Steven Steve
posted 04-25-2008 10:10:39 AM
IT'S BLACKS WHO ARE TO BLAME
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-25-2008 10:43:11 AM
IT'S HIPHOP/RNB THAT IS TO BLAME.

Cap in 'yo ass.

Zair
The Imp
posted 04-25-2008 11:29:24 AM
Grand Theft Auto 4 is to blame.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 04-25-2008 11:32:58 AM
I blame the easter bunny.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 04-25-2008 02:17:19 PM
I blame George W... oh wai
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-25-2008 02:56:11 PM
What makes youtube great are the bullshit comments the idiots always leave. I love how they keep throwing in the 'n' word like it makes their argument somehow stronger.
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-25-2008 03:10:01 PM
It should be a felony to use the phrase "war crimes" unless one is either a lawyer or military. 90% of people who say that have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Which is unfortunately true of too many things in this age of easy communication where every village idiot has a global soapbox.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-25-2008 04:11:01 PM
quote:
Verily, Bloodsage doth proclaim:
It should be a felony to use the phrase "war crimes" unless one is either a lawyer or military. 90% of people who say that have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Which is unfortunately true of too many things in this age of easy communication where every village idiot has a global soapbox.

Out of idle curiosity, would you mind defining "war crimes" for us, Bloodsage?

Steven Steve
posted 04-25-2008 05:44:00 PM
Perhaps you could use the internet to determine what the definition is
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-25-2008 05:51:46 PM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about Duck Tales:
Perhaps you could use the internet to determine what the definition is

But he's a military man, so only he can set the definition.

Maradon!
posted 04-25-2008 06:29:46 PM
"War crimes," "Disenfranchised," "Freedom of speech," "Fairness," "Free Trade,"

and the number one culprit

"Fascist"

99% of the people using any of these political buzzwords have no idea what they mean.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-25-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Skaw
posted 04-26-2008 12:42:32 AM
Freedom of Speech means I can say whatever I want, when I want. And if you don't agree, you're a disenfranchised fascist, who is against fairness and free trade, and all for war crimes.
Zair
The Imp
posted 04-26-2008 01:06:55 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Tron:
"War crimes," "Disenfranchised," "Freedom of speech," "Fairness," "Free Trade,"

and the number one culprit

"Fascist"

Zair fucked around with this message on 04-26-2008 at 01:08 AM.

Maradon!
posted 04-26-2008 09:57:45 AM
I'm currently reading that book. It's very good
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-26-2008 02:25:56 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Delphi Aegis squealed:
But he's a military man, so only he can set the definition.

For example, if Evil Dictator chains a bunch of nuns to a key bridge, I can still bomb it. If he builds a missile launcher on top of a children's hospital, I can still bomb it. If his GHQ is next door to a baby milk factory and an old folks home, I can still bomb it. Contrary to popular stupidity, collateral damage and civilian casualties are in no way prohibited by the laws of war.

It's not something that can be explained in a catchphrase.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 04-26-2008 07:45:18 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Punky Brewster:
For example, if Evil Dictator chains a bunch of nuns to a key bridge, I can still bomb it. If he builds a missile launcher on top of a children's hospital, I can still bomb it. If his GHQ is next door to a baby milk factory and an old folks home, I can still bomb it. Contrary to popular stupidity, collateral damage and civilian casualties are in no way prohibited by the laws of war.

Technically, when in a state of war, any operation that supports the war effort is considered a legitimate target, right?

Say like a factory that manufactures tires. Those tires are utilized on military aircraft and trucks. Since that tire producer is aiding the war effort, albeit indirectly, they are still considered a military target.

That's how it was explained to me. It is a legit target simply because they are knowingly assisting the effort of the war machine.

The only thing that pops to mind that can be considered 'war crimes' are the Nazi concentration camps. They were stuffed into substandard conditions on purpose, denied basic necessities, and experimented on without consent. They were subjected to atrocities that were unnecessary.

So uh... yeah. I havent gone to a war college, and I doubt I ever will, but just from the general training we get in my command, that's what I picked up.

Am I wrong, 'Sage?

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Peter
Pancake
posted 04-26-2008 10:31:13 PM
quote:
So quoth Bloodsage:

From what I understand, the evil dictator in your examples would be guilty of war crimes in example 1 defintaly and possibly 2, but not in three I think?

Demos
Pancake
posted 04-29-2008 04:53:32 AM
quote:
Peter Model 2000 was programmed to say:
From what I understand, the evil dictator in your examples would be guilty of war crimes in example 1 defintaly and possibly 2, but not in three I think?

No. Same reason nobody did shit when we nuked Heroshima and Nagasaki. The primary target was a valid military target (heavy manufacturing centers). I may not agree with the decision to use nukes, but legally speaking it wasn't a war crime.

Now, if we had bombed a residential area for no other reason then to kill civilians, then there might be a case. But that's not what happened.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-29-2008 05:16:19 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Robocop:

You can buy T-shirts here with that logo and the print "Welcome to Germany" on them.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Tarquinn
posted 04-29-2008 05:21:50 AM
Well, close.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 04-29-2008 05:27:49 AM
quote:
Tarquinn wrote this stupid crap:
Well, close.

Good way to get yer ass kicked in Deutschland.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Tarquinn
posted 04-29-2008 05:40:29 AM
quote:
Kinanik thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Good way to get yer ass kicked in Deutschland.

I honestly have no idea if this t-shirt is pro, contra, or whatever.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 04-29-2008 at 05:41 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: