EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Karnaj's Beer in Review - good beer, shit beer
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-23-2008 11:09:16 AM
Today's Beer in Review is a mixed bag. Some of the beers I've tried recently were complete shit, while others were quite good. Let's start with the good.

Blue Moon Honey Moon - Blue Moon's summer seasonal beer, this is a clarified blonde ale with, shockingly, honey added to it. It's a good summer beer, because it's light and crisp, so you could get away drinking it on the Fourth of July. I personally found it lighter than Sam Adams Summer Ale, which means that Honey Moon didn't compare favorably in my eyes. Also, the batch I got was pretty strong on the honey flavor, which I have mixed feelings about. Sweet beer should be sweet because of the malts used, not because you drizzled a jar of honey in it. Still, this'll be in my rotation for the upcoming summer. Rating: 6.5 out of 10 buckets of anus blood.

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - Shit. Unremarkable, flavorless shit. You want to try this beer? Buy yourself a Miller Lite and stir in a spoonful of honey in. No, maybe half a spoonful. It's not explicitly offensive, it's just nothing. Probably the worst beer outside the usual suspects that I've had in a while. Rating: 3 out of 10 buckets of anus blood

Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat - I spoke too soon. You think I would've learned my lesson, but I decided to give this brewery another shot. Let me be clear: this is beer in name only. It's so fucking syrupy sweet that it's basically a Zima with beer-type coloring added. Wheat? What wheat? Sunset? Perhaps over Candyland. This is like training beer, for people who like girly drinks and can't stand beer--and that is its only possible application. Atrocious! Rating: 1.5 out of 10 buckets of anus blood

And finally...

Sam Adams Irish Red - Picked up a sixer of this a few weeks back, and I gotta say, it's a damn fine red. Good malty texture, strong but not overwhelming hops, nice aftertaste. Easily comparable to Killian's or Smithwick's. Rating: 7 out of 10 buckets of anus blood

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 04-23-2008 at 11:09 AM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 04-23-2008 01:25:56 PM
I am just wondering but what would rank a 1 or maybe lower on your scale?
I agree with the Irish Red too mmmmm
Ares
posted 04-23-2008 02:38:58 PM
Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat sounds like a beer for me. I can't stomach beer...I like mixed drinks instead.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 04-23-2008 05:12:02 PM
i maintain my stance that this is still the best description you've given of a beer

"This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness."

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-23-2008 05:55:38 PM
Leine's are actually pretty good if you aren't after a hardcore regular type of beer. They may not be the best numero uno beer out there, but I don't think they're as bad as you make them out to be.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-24-2008 09:51:34 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Timpofee all over myself!
I am just wondering but what would rank a 1 or maybe lower on your scale?

Nothing leaps to mind. See, even beers like Beast or Keystone Light are designed with a specific purpose: to go down easy and be refreshing. They're not meant to taste like much of anything, so you don't have much in the way of expectations for them. They'd probably get a between a 2 and a 3.

The Sunset Wheat, OTOH, actively offends me. It has tried to be something other than shit beer, and it has failed. It is worse than shit beer. It's shit beer that's been utterly ruined by dumping a bottle of high fructose corn syrup into it. The only reason I didn't give it a zero is because girls and homosexuals who can't stand beer might like it, so it could at least serve some sort of purpose.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-24-2008 09:56:57 AM
Sunset wheat is like having a party in your mouth. Yes it doesn't taste like beer, but that doesn't mean it doesn't taste good as fuck.
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-25-2008 03:00:08 PM
You keep my beer, I'll keep my vodka.
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 04-25-2008 03:12:15 PM
How can you afford vodak when you still owe me $400 in rent?
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-25-2008 03:17:36 PM
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-25-2008 03:18:08 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee had this to say about pies:
How can you afford vodak when you still owe me $400 in rent?

I don't, I steal it from friends.

FYI I have no job right now, because my school hours don't allow it and I can't find anything that'll work around my schedule, and every cent I manage to make babysitting or whatever goes to car payments, which I need to get to school. I'm far from rolling in it.

Hence the need for vodka!

Oh, and the 17$ a month for gamefly, which I would kill myself without. The vice, the vice.

Kait fucked around with this message on 04-25-2008 at 03:19 PM.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Addy
posted 05-01-2008 01:19:35 AM
quote:
Kait obviously shouldn't have said:
I don't, I steal it from friends.

FYI I have no job right now, because my school hours don't allow it and I can't find anything that'll work around my schedule, and every cent I manage to make babysitting or whatever goes to car payments, which I need to get to school. I'm far from rolling in it.

Hence the need for vodka!

Oh, and the 17$ a month for gamefly, which I would kill myself without. The vice, the vice.

That's a pretty weak excuse. There are people out there going fulltime to school, maintaining a good GPA mind you, WHILE working 1-2 jobs. So what if you have to deal with 6 hours of sleep instead of 8. Or if you have to work evenings instead of during the day. That's life, especially when you owe someone money. Look at night jobs, they tend to pay well. I'm sure there's a UPS or Fedex nearby you could look at.

Or guess what, fast food industries crave college students like you. Hook up with them.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-01-2008 01:22:57 AM
quote:
Addy spewed forth this undeniable truth:
blahblahblah

OH GOD HELLO ADDY

I haven't talked to you in forever how are you.

Addy
posted 05-01-2008 01:27:18 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
OH GOD HELLO ADDY

I haven't talked to you in forever how are you.

Not bad, was watching this one dude run his car over pedestrians and phone booths earlier. Then he rammed a guy into a building and went to the strip club afterwards.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-01-2008 01:28:07 AM
quote:
Addy's fortune cookie read:
Not bad, was watching this one dude run his car over pedestrians and phone booths earlier. Then he rammed a guy into a building and went to the strip club afterwards.

orly

Greenlit
posted 05-01-2008 01:33:14 AM
That's a good day if I've ever heard one.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-01-2008 01:37:48 AM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Tron:
That's a good day if I've ever heard one.

Good ol' American silicone-filled titties.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-01-2008 10:40:30 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Addy said:

That's fucking alpha man. Fucking off the hook.

Steven Steve
posted 05-01-2008 11:14:01 AM
"Sunset? Perhaps over Candyland."

lmao

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Skaw
posted 05-01-2008 07:01:26 PM
Brucie is Steve.

Steve with Bullshark Testosterone up his ass.

And funny balls.

Steven Steve
posted 05-01-2008 09:59:53 PM
Brucie is a homosexual you mean, mean man

I'm more like Bas Rutten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlqtj5YYLo

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 05-01-2008 at 10:04 PM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: