EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Finally got a Wii...
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 03-31-2008 04:34:04 AM
And I'm finding that Smash Brothers Brawl is fun. I actually decided on getting it because Mario Kart is coming out. Anyone want to recommend any games?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-31-2008 09:15:55 AM
No More Heroes.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 03-31-2008 01:23:14 PM
We're still just playing WiiSports. XD

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-31-2008 02:49:23 PM
Zelda's an obvious choice.

Pick up Prime 1, 2 and 3 (You can play them all on the Wii if you have a gamecube controller). Excellent excellent series, true to the metroid name and the third is exactly what a metroid in first person should be.

Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure isn't bad. Very good puzzle game that makes you say "DUH" every time you finish a puzzle.

And I second the No More Heroes nomination, but only as a rental. It doesn't have a LOT of replay value (unless you really really really enjoy slashing guys in half) and the storyline can be gotten through in maybe 10 to 12 hours.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 03-31-2008 10:11:31 PM
Trauma Center and its sequel are also really good, and I enjoyed Resident Evil 4 much more on the Wii than on any other system.

Super Mario Galaxy is also fantastic, and if you're looking for party games, Wario Ware is much more fun than it has a right to be.

Maradon!
posted 03-31-2008 10:53:43 PM
Trauma Center is not good.

Oh wait, I don't know about the wii version.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-31-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Zair
The Imp
posted 03-31-2008 11:09:50 PM
The second Wii Trauma Center has Co op.

It was sort of fun, but there were loads of long and very boring cutscenes of the doctors making chit chat about nothing. And by cutscenes, I mean scenes exactly like on the DS of the still drawings with text. THey could have made a bit more effort for the Wii...

I assume it eventually got exciting, when it got more into the twist (you know the twist).

Gameplay was ok though. I enjoyed doing the co op surgery for the novelty of it at least.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-31-2008 11:21:10 PM
quote:
Maradon! wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Trauma Center is not good.

Oh wait, I don't know about the wii version.

The first one is basically a remake of the one on DS, the second one for the Wii is actual original content (Such as it is).

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 04-01-2008 03:41:48 AM
What do you guys think about this "House of the Dead" game for the Wii?
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-19-2008 01:36:43 AM
Do you play Brawl online? I'm so tired of only getting to fight Wolf gun spammers on Final Destination. But Nintendo online makes it so freaking difficult to find decent people to play with...e.e
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Greenlit
posted 04-19-2008 01:44:31 AM
Wolf gun spam?

Pick Ganondorf. Choke a bitch.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-19-2008 02:49:52 AM
quote:
Greenlit was listening to Cher while typing:
Wolf gun spam?

Pick Ganondorf. Choke a bitch.

Ganondorf doesn't bother me. Even Game and Watch I can handle. It's just Wolf with his damn smug "I'm gonna have fun with this thing" super smash that makes me want to...smash...things.
1719-3377-3608
I also seem to be the only player who ever changes my character. I don't understand these people who play the same character for 50 rounds straight, doesn't that get dull?

Anyway, for the Wii, if you like mini-game type things, Wario Ware and Cooking Mama are fun...but better to rent than buy.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Greenlit
posted 04-19-2008 04:05:03 AM
I don't play online; I've had my fill of Nintendo's online policies after the briefest of Mario Kart DS matches. Give me an option to take off the fucking kiddy gloves and then I might try it again, Nintend-AHAH who am I kidding it's Nintendo.

As far as people not changing their characters? Meh. I only play four seriously, anyway. Ganondorf, The Good Captain Himself, Ike and Pikachu.

I toss out a gimmick character on occasion, of course - Bowser, Wario, Luigi and Kirby/Puff especially - and occasionally come back to Marth for a round or two, but everyone has been so balanced in Brawl that it's not worth familiarizing with different characters for different circumstances instead of just specializing.

And if you're really going to specialize in a single character, you pick Snake. Hands down the most broken of them all.

Kait
posted 04-19-2008 09:08:32 PM
...How sad is it that I first read that as "Ih-keh" instead of "Aik?" e.e Anyway. Still, four is more than one. I mean it's not a personal beef I have with playing the same character, it just seems like it would get awfully boring. Just as playing Super Smash on a boring level with all items off seems...odd, as well.

Snake is okay, but his moves take a little foresight, and constant distancing away from opponents. I love Zelda--not Sheik, actually Zelda, for her broad range of powerful attacks...though she is rather slow. And Pikachu's just fun I couldn't help noticing that you can run with him while squatting, not sure at the tactical use of that, but it is cute XD

Kait fucked around with this message on 04-19-2008 at 09:09 PM.

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Blackened
posted 04-19-2008 10:28:38 PM
quote:
Kait.
Snake is okay
No, Snake is amazing.

He's the 2nd heaviest character in the game and his tilt moves are all pretty much overpowered. Not to mention his amazing mortar slide...

edit - and his amazing grenades and C4 and nonpunishable running attack and superb recovery and decent aerials and high priority attacks and versatile edge-guarding and broke as fuck hitboxes

in short, you're dumb

Blackened fucked around with this message on 04-19-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Kait
posted 04-19-2008 10:44:30 PM
Heh. Yes he's powerful, but as I said, you have to plan ahead with him, and you have to maintain a fair distance from everyone, which in my book are weaknesses. That's like saying Astrid in Soul Calibur is the best character for his strength, overlooking his extreme shortness.

Anyway, aren't you being a little fanboyish by saying someone's dumb for not preferring your character? Are you going to start raving at the mouth about how elite your chosen system is, too?

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
nem-x
posted 04-19-2008 10:44:45 PM
nem-x
posted 04-19-2008 10:45:23 PM
and you cant prove otherwise because you dont play online owned
Kait
posted 04-19-2008 10:46:27 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
pit rapes snake hard

His side B attack is pretty versatile, yes. But his attacks don't do enough damage for him to be easily lethal. It's also a drag that his up-b takes a while to get going...so if you do it a split second too late, you die anyway e.e

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
nem-x
posted 04-19-2008 10:47:21 PM
i think its time to throwdown then
nem-x
posted 04-19-2008 10:49:15 PM
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 04-19-2008 11:00:55 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Kait:

[QUOTE] I'm so tired of only getting to fight Wolf gun spammers on Final Destination. Ganondorf doesn't bother me. Even Game and Watch I can handle. It's just Wolf with his damn smug "I'm gonna have fun with this thing" super smash that makes me want to...smash...things.

[QB
Snake is okay, but his moves take a little foresight, and constant distancing away from opponents. I love Zelda--not Sheik, actually Zelda, for her broad range of powerful attacks...though she is rather slow. And Pikachu's just fun I couldn't help noticing that you can run with him while squatting, not sure at the tactical use of that, but it is cute XD[/QB][/QUOTE]

quote:
Yes he's powerful, but as I said, you have to plan ahead with him, and you have to maintain a fair distance from everyone, which in my book are weaknesses. That's like saying Astrid in Soul Calibur is the best character for his strength, overlooking his extreme shortness.

Anyway, aren't you being a little fanboyish by saying someone's dumb for not preferring your character?

quote:
His side B attack is pretty versatile, yes. But his attacks don't do enough damage for him to be easily lethal. It's also a drag that his up-b takes a while to get going...so if you do it a split second too late, you die anyway

I think it's safe to conclude that Kait sucks hardcore at this game.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
nem-x
posted 04-19-2008 11:02:32 PM
tbh wolf is easy to cheese with. spam lasers and side smash all day long
Blackened
posted 04-19-2008 11:06:23 PM
quote:
Kait.
Heh. Yes he's powerful, but as I said, you have to plan ahead with him, and you have to maintain a fair distance from everyone, which in my book are weaknesses. That's like saying Astrid in Soul Calibur is the best character for his strength, overlooking his extreme shortness.

Anyway, aren't you being a little fanboyish by saying someone's dumb for not preferring your character? Are you going to start raving at the mouth about how elite your chosen system is, too?

oh no i have to plan ahead wah wah

you dumb baby, snake's tilt moves are probably the best tilt moves in the game making him absolutely brutal at close range. In fact, he's more dangerous at close range than he is at range.

stop talking and leave the 'serious smash business' to the men okay you lesbo

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
nem-x
posted 04-19-2008 11:52:02 PM
Kait
posted 04-19-2008 11:54:33 PM
quote:
nem-x thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
buncha babbies

I already gave my friend code. I'd love the challenge if some of these nasties would actually play me...must be easy to throw out insults with no way to back them up

And, uh...playing video games makes me a lesbian? o.- I thought it made me a dream girlfriend

Kait fucked around with this message on 04-20-2008 at 12:00 AM.

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-20-2008 11:12:59 AM
quote:
Kait Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Snake is okay, but his moves take a little foresight, and constant distancing away from opponents. I love Zelda--not Sheik, actually Zelda, for her broad range of powerful attacks...though she is rather slow. And Pikachu's just fun I couldn't help noticing that you can run with him while squatting, not sure at the tactical use of that, but it is cute XD

Stop trying to analyze the fact that you're a dumb weeaboo.

Kennatsu
posted 04-21-2008 03:08:01 AM
It's probably not safe to do this, but I'll post my "Wii" number anyway.

1873-6831-5386-6471

*goes back to enjoying MySims and Metal Slug Anthology*

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 04-21-2008 at 03:08 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: