EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Brain mouse
Maradon!
posted 03-10-2008 11:04:21 PM
The OCZ NIA will let you control your computer with your thoughts at a $200 MSRP

Actually, it seems more like a brain keyboard.

press release

And anandtech really liked it.

In other news, the new G15 looks like a steaming pile of shit

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-10-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Greenlit
posted 03-10-2008 11:10:42 PM
I don't know anyone who has had a bad thing to say about a G15 after using one.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-10-2008 11:13:03 PM
I want a brain keyboard I can write with. Translate my thoughts into text in real time. That'd be worth having.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-10-2008 11:16:54 PM
Better yet, a monitor that translates text and images into thoughts.
Nina
posted 03-10-2008 11:17:05 PM
Wow. This shit is bananas.
Maradon!
posted 03-10-2008 11:28:21 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Greenlit booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I don't know anyone who has had a bad thing to say about a G15 after using one.

No, the new g15, where they made the LCD about half as big and with a mask instead of a backlight, and orange and fixed instead of adjustable, and got rid of 70% of the G-keys.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 03-10-2008 at 11:28 PM.

Greenlit
posted 03-10-2008 11:31:11 PM
Well that does sound a little stupid.
Demos
Pancake
posted 03-10-2008 11:47:29 PM
I saw something about this about a week ago, and I'm looking forward to this immensely. As a Human-Computer Interaction major and User Experience/User Interface designer, I'm already salivating at the chance to use this, and already have my cash for it set aside.

Since all of the interpreting is being done by the software anyway, it doesn't seem like updates would be hard to release, and as an added bonus, this should do wonders for reducing RSI's and muscle fatigue (this being with the assumption that, as the anandtech article said, the learning curve is fairly shallow with a low range of motion needed at the end).

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-11-2008 03:52:39 AM
New G15 is actually pretty damn nice. Sure, it got rid of 2 rows of G keys, but that isn't too big of a deal. Killing the flip-out screen and making it fixed instead was also pretty nice, since before it was impossible to flip out on most keyboard trays.Also, even though the G Keys aren't quite all there, you can switch between banks of them with three buttons at the top of the keyboard (M1, M2, M3).

I've been using this one for a few months now and have really liked it.

EDIT: Didn't notice, the old one had the M1/M2/M3 keys too. Really, though, I haven't found a huge use for them yet, since they're a good bit away from the normal WASD keys. If I need that many hotkeys at my fingertips, I'll get out a Nostromo Speedpad instead. They're pretty neat too.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-11-2008 at 03:56 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-11-2008 06:33:46 AM
I have the old G15.

I can fire all my turrets at once in EVE.

I am happy.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 03-11-2008 07:59:42 AM
quote:
Maradon! needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.
The OCZ NIA will let you control your computer with your thoughts at a $200 MSRP
My father had demonstration models for this technology back in the 1980s. At the time, his employer wanted the device to be used in medical applications, including rehabilitation. It might've worked too, except that the equipment required military-grade hardware, and the company had its parts manufactured in China to save money, so only 1 unit in 100 worked properly. Nowadays the proper hardware would be much easier to manufacture reliably.

`Doc fucked around with this message on 03-11-2008 at 08:00 AM.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-11-2008 09:07:27 AM
Hello Skynet.

Maradon!
posted 03-11-2008 06:02:53 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Nae who doth quote:
Hello Skynet.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH NAE SIGHTING!!!!!!!

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 03-22-2008 09:33:18 AM
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-25-2008 08:11:17 AM
quote:
Nae had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: