EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: NADER FOR PRESIENT
Alaan
posted 02-24-2008 04:38:43 PM
link

So, uh, what do you think his odds are this time?

Alaan
posted 02-24-2008 04:49:47 PM
I love typos in titles.
Maradon!
posted 02-24-2008 05:29:13 PM
Is that a loss by plurality that I smell in the air?
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-24-2008 05:51:35 PM
quote:
Alaan stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I love typos in titles.

The thought of a prescient Nader is pretty terrifying.

Emil
Hypersensitive; Beware of Hurt Feelings
posted 02-24-2008 07:35:40 PM
Nader is yesterday's news. He has no chance of affecting this election whatsoever. His political career is for all intents and purposes finished.
From a worldly point of view, there is no mistake so great as that of being always right. – Samuel Butler
Zair
The Imp
posted 02-24-2008 07:51:55 PM
In 2004 he got .3% of the popular vote. And that was verse Kerry. Obama draws a lot more enthusiasm than Kerry.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-24-2008 09:06:43 PM
*sits by the mailbox waiting for his invitation to the McCain inauguration*
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-24-2008 09:29:49 PM
quote:
Emil fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.
Nader is yesterday's news. He has no chance of affecting this election whatsoever. His political career is for all intents and purposes finished.

When, exactly, did it ever start? I only consider someone as having a political career if they've actually won an election.

Mightion Defensor fucked around with this message on 02-24-2008 at 09:35 PM.

Maradon!
posted 02-24-2008 10:20:36 PM
Let's face it folks, the elections are a formality at this point, Obama might as well give his presidential inaugural address at the convention.

Here's to hope and change!

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 02-24-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Skaw
posted 02-25-2008 03:26:26 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:
Let's face it folks, the elections are a formality at this point, Obama might as well give his presidential inaugural address at the convention.

Here's to hope and change!

I still have high hopes for Mickey Mouse.

Alaan
posted 02-25-2008 01:23:41 PM
I'm voting for Bill Clinton.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-25-2008 02:34:15 PM
Did anyone see the SNL open from this weekend? They made fun of the media's love affair with Obama's nuts and it was hilarious.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-25-2008 02:38:59 PM
quote:
How.... Blindy..... uughhhhhh:
Did anyone see the SNL open from this weekend? They made fun of the media's love affair with Obama's nuts and it was hilarious.

I'm pretty sure most of the news networks have been gunning for Hillary.

And SNL hasn't been funny in six years.

Blindy.
posted 02-25-2008 02:48:12 PM
Like most functional drug addicts, the second the cancellation word started uzzing around SNL's writers offices, they pulled it together and started living up to their salaries again- SNL's been pretty good for the last couple of weeks.

Anyway youtube the skit, it was good.

Steven Steve
posted 02-25-2008 02:49:25 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, quiet please, I'd like to announce that I am running for candidacy in the presidential election.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Alaan
posted 02-25-2008 03:51:55 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Stalwart Steve!
Ladies and gentlemen, quiet please, I'd like to announce that I am running for candidacy in the presidential election.

I'm changing my vote to Stalwart Steve. In no time at all America will be a country of super fit, iron pumping beasts.

Blindy.
posted 02-25-2008 04:51:27 PM
Emil
Hypersensitive; Beware of Hurt Feelings
posted 02-25-2008 11:30:59 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about John Romero:
When, exactly, did it ever start? I only consider someone as having a political career if they've actually won an election.

Hindsight being what it is, you could make a case that if Nader didn't run in 2000 then Gore would have won Florida and won the Presidency. Whether that actually would have happened is anyone's guess, but the 2000 election put Nader in the limelight and on the shit list of a lot of Democrats.

From a worldly point of view, there is no mistake so great as that of being always right. – Samuel Butler
Mightion Defensor
posted 02-25-2008 11:53:08 PM
quote:
It has been ordained by Primus, that there will be a Chosen One who will use the Matrix to "light our darkest hour." That darkest hour may come sooner if Emil keeps posting things like this:
Hindsight being what it is, you could make a case that if Nader didn't run in 2000 then Gore would have won Florida and won the Presidency. Whether that actually would have happened is anyone's guess, but the 2000 election put Nader in the limelight and on the shit list of a lot of Democrats.

True enough, but it doesn't make Nader a politician, just a party pooper.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: