EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: audio-technica ATH-A900Ti
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-22-2008 10:48:28 PM
So, a while back, I ordered some beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro headphones. They were defective and had this sort of tinny sound on highs anyhow, so they got returned; as a sidenote, don't buy from digitalgiftstore.com as it's been a month since the defective merchandise arrived at their warehouse and I still haven't gotten a refund. Anyhow, I still needed a set of sealed headphones, so I did some looking around and came upon the audio-technica ATH-A900Ti. Reviews were few and far between outside of audiophile forums, where I find that each one is a bit too subjective to make a good buying platform. Nonetheless, I did find one that compared to other cans from the same company that gave some reasonable impressions. So I snagged a pair on eBay.

Upon plugging them in right out of the box (via a PenguinAmp Royal amp) I was struck with the impression that they were vastly better than my Sennheiser HD650's. Sound resolution was a lot clearer and I was able to pick out quiet parts of songs I hadn't noticed before or thought were just silence at the beginning of the file (possibly attributed to the fact that open headphones aren't so good in a room with my noisy ass rig). In one song, I could pick out where what I though was just a single bass beat was actually a very rapid succession (sounded like a crowd of people stamping their feet) of sounds. All in all, this set produces much clearer and more precise sound than the HD650's. I'd recommend them to anyone who is looking for a nice set of sealed cans in the $300-$500 range.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-24-2008 01:30:09 AM
Also, manly avatar was requested. I have delivered.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Greenlit
posted 02-24-2008 02:33:50 AM
That is not manly.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-24-2008 02:41:20 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Damnati:
Also, manly avatar was requested. I have delivered.

where

Greenlit
posted 02-24-2008 02:47:13 AM
Some faggot in Rainbow Brite colors with a chick's necklace is about as un-manly as you can get.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-24-2008 06:59:58 AM
I searched google for Manly for you, Damnati. Here you go.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-24-2008 09:00:05 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Falaanla Marr said:
I searched google for Manly for you, Damnati. Here you go.

We have winnar!!

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-24-2008 09:25:43 PM
The day I define manliness by EC's standards is the day men may bear children. EC asked and I deigned to answer your pleas, take your pueling to someone who cares.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-24-2008 09:28:23 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Damnati!
The day I define manliness by EC's standards is the day men may bear children. EC asked and I deigned to answer your pleas, take your pueling to someone who cares.

why the fuck should anyone help you if you just insult us

leave forever

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-24-2008 09:40:59 PM
quote:
Damnati probably says this to all the girls:

fuck you for using uncommon words that I have to look up in the dictionary only to find out that some of them aren't in the fucking dictionary

you said manly avatar, your avatar isn't of a lumberjack, a wrestler, a really big gun, a chainsaw, a monster truck, a tank, or a gigantic burly guy punching through someone's skull. NOT MANLY

Maradon!
posted 02-24-2008 10:04:10 PM
I don't think some gaily dressed anime character is manly by any rational standard.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-24-2008 10:57:54 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
why the fuck should anyone help you if you just insult us

leave forever

You act as though my response was somehow unjustified; as though there were no derisive posts made to merit such venom. Ops, Greenlit. Ops, Fal. Derision for derision.

quote:
So quoth Maradon!:
I don't think some gaily dressed anime character is manly by any rational standard.

I was unaware immediate appearance defined a person. I guess there couldn't be some reason or method behind my selection? There could be no story behind the character used that might provide a rational explanation? Impossible, that would make sense!

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-24-2008 11:00:09 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough obviously shouldn't have said:
leave forever
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-24-2008 11:11:38 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Mr. Gainsborough!
[QB][/QB]

Find me an equally interesting homepage for my browser. The lack of a suitable replacement is about the only reason I'm still here.

Demos
Pancake
posted 02-25-2008 12:26:31 AM
quote:
Damnati had this to say about Knight Rider:
Find me an equally interesting homepage for my browser. The lack of a suitable replacement is about the only reason I'm still here.

http://www.fark.com

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Gadani
U
posted 02-25-2008 01:10:13 AM
quote:
Damnati thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

you cant find anything more interesting than evercrest for your home page?

Try google? Or, if you're feeling really wild, the weather channel.

Gadani
U
posted 02-25-2008 01:11:49 AM
quote:
Damnati had this to say about Robocop:
I was unaware immediate appearance defined a person.

If I go into a place dressed in black clothes with tight jeans on and cut marks on my wrists, what would that say?

Exactly.

Regardless of background, people judge based on appearances.

p.s: your avatar is not manly it's very effeminate.

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 02-25-2008 01:51:50 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Damnati wrote:
I was unaware immediate appearance defined a person. I guess there couldn't be some reason or method behind my selection? There could be no story behind the character used that might provide a rational explanation? Impossible, that would make sense!

Well, all we know of your avatar is some fruity looking shot. Yes, for all we know he could punch babies and mouth fuck women until their skin comes off. He could have a chainsaw penis, and rocket hands, but none of that is in the avatar picture. So, he looks like a woman.

"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Greenlit
posted 02-25-2008 02:11:35 AM
I want a chainsaw penis.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-25-2008 02:14:05 AM
quote:
This one time, at Mr. Gainsborough camp:
leave forever qiyd
Skaw
posted 02-25-2008 03:01:43 AM
I should learn to read the whole page before I post :V

Skaw fucked around with this message on 02-25-2008 at 03:02 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-25-2008 08:56:57 AM
Fuck.
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 02-25-2008 01:18:28 PM
quote:

leave forever QIYD
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Peter
Pancake
posted 02-25-2008 09:25:14 PM
quote:
So quoth Mr. Parcelan:
leave forever qiyd
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: