EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mass Effect on the PC
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 02-18-2008 05:07:29 AM
You guys who have been waiting for the game to come out on PC, it's been announced that May 28 is the release date. But I guess you guys already know about it...
Mass Effect on PC May 28
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-18-2008 05:33:26 AM
PC RPG Players: "Yay!"

PC RPG Players after playing it: "Meh."

Steven Steve
posted 02-18-2008 08:42:41 AM
I might be getting it again

Doot doo, dododo doot dooo, dododo doot doo

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 02-18-2008 06:26:10 PM
quote:
Mortious's fortune cookie read:

I guess you're not eagerly waiting for the Mass Effect DLC that's going to come out called "Bring Down the Sky"

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-18-2008 07:09:50 PM
quote:
Hey Mortious, I betcha still living in your parent's cellar, downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar, and posting 'Me too!' like some brain-dead AOLer; I should do the world a favor and cap you like old yellah:

Wasn't this the same reaction of people who played it on Xbox?

Or I suppose the PC distinction would be towards there being no good console RPGs a la baulder's gate?

nem-x
posted 02-18-2008 07:34:49 PM
Steven Steve
posted 02-18-2008 08:01:31 PM
Baldur's Gate was barely as incredible as everyone seems to pretend, ha ha. Annoyingly slow battles, random save functionality, partial voice acting, jogging everywhere (as usual), loudmouth typical characters, outdated rules, irritating interface, Myst-level graphics, etc.

"That's just your opinion, maaaaan"

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-18-2008 08:15:56 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve's little brother wrote this stupid shit:
Baldur's Gate was barely as incredible as everyone seems to pretend, ha ha. Annoyingly slow battles, random save functionality, partial voice acting, jogging everywhere (as usual), loudmouth typical characters, outdated rules, irritating interface, Myst-level graphics, etc.

"That's just your opinion, maaaaan"

I never got into Baulder's Gate 1, 2 or IWD or any of the bioware RPGs (Even kotor). The story with BG2 was so convoluted that I couldn't follow it half the time with all the retarded sidequests to do.

I was just comparing it to a game that is commonly held as the gold standard for what a PC RPG should be, is all.

Tier
posted 02-18-2008 08:46:14 PM
quote:
Mortious obviously shouldn't have said:

this is stupid

you're stupid

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-18-2008 08:51:04 PM
Eh? BG2's story was simple I thought. You're one of many children that are the remnants of a slain god, and some douchebag wizard steals you and one of your best friend's souls so that he and his vampire girlfriend can become gods.

Then you go and kick his and her ass.

I can agree with the sidequests, but that's because Bioware put as much emphasis on them as they did with the main quest.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-18-2008 09:31:24 PM
quote:
Asha'man said:
this is stupid

you're stupid

Microsoft Rubber Moonbuggy Simulator 2008.

[photoshop box art here]

Steven Steve
posted 02-18-2008 10:33:53 PM
You liked Witcher, shadappa your maoth.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: