EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Horray I bought a house!
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-13-2008 10:45:09 AM
I know it's not as big of a deal as killing and corpse camping three level 45 alliance who were killing a quest giver or anything but I'm pretty happy with myself.

Pics -> http://picasaweb.google.com/tom.dietrich/OurNewHome?authkey=UYe_YPJfxRg

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 02-13-2008 at 10:45 AM.

nem-x
posted 02-13-2008 10:49:10 AM
clear out a room im moving in
Blindy.
posted 02-13-2008 10:51:53 AM
We'll have a guest room for such occasions actually.

Some of you would be welcome at any time. Actually, just not Delidgamond.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 02-13-2008 10:59:05 AM
Great work!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-13-2008 11:18:46 AM
Very nice. I wished I lived in a place where people can buy houses.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tier
posted 02-13-2008 11:36:59 AM
quick somebody register tom-and-jens-house.com and all variants thereof
Blindy.
posted 02-13-2008 11:40:00 AM
quote:
Asha'man's ass must be crazy:

no dont

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 02-13-2008 12:04:10 PM
Wow, that is a really nice house. Congratulations Blindy.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 02-13-2008 12:23:32 PM
awesome man! Thats great!
Willias
Pancake
posted 02-13-2008 12:26:13 PM
whats up with the baseball bat penis
Blindy.
posted 02-13-2008 12:44:30 PM
quote:
Willias says po-ta-to, I say pa-ta-to:
whats up with the baseball bat penis

Haha, I hadn't noticed that before.

We haven't closed/moved in yet, so everything you're seeing is still the old owner's stuff, but the offer is accepted and financing has been secured, so it's as good as ours.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-13-2008 01:16:45 PM
Very nice, pretty darned big too.

House prices in the UK are -insane- right now. Makes getting on the ladder very difficult, could probably only get a 1 bedroom flat here for what you paid for that over there.

I want to move to the US.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-13-2008 02:41:59 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mortious said this:

Stay out.

Maradon!
posted 02-13-2008 07:07:41 PM
quote:
Mortiousing:
Very nice, pretty darned big too.

House prices in the UK are -insane- right now. Makes getting on the ladder very difficult, could probably only get a 1 bedroom flat here for what you paid for that over there.

Between the plummeting real estate values and the plummeting-er dollar, if you wait a year you'll probably be able to buy a house here with the change in your sofa.

A few pence or farthings or toppins or whatever the christ you people use.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 02-13-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Addy
posted 02-13-2008 07:25:40 PM
That is an utterly gorgeous home, congratulations!

Just wait till the real fun begins--interior decorating. =)

Talonus
Loner
posted 02-13-2008 07:54:10 PM
quote:
Mortious's account was hax0red to write:

Much of the US isn't any better.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-13-2008 07:56:20 PM
That's really nice. I'm jealous.
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 02-14-2008 03:19:38 AM
until you said that wasnt your stuff, all i could think of was, "cool, Blindy found some closet space for his high heel collection"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-14-2008 03:58:35 AM
Movin' in, Blindy.

Takin' yo woman, too.

Blindy.
posted 02-14-2008 08:34:57 AM
Thanks everybody for the comments. As anyone who's bought a house will tell you, it takes a lot of time to get here, and I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally have the real goal in sight.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-14-2008 11:37:23 AM
quote:
So quoth Blindy.:
Thanks everybody for the comments. As anyone who's bought a house will tell you, it takes a lot of time to get here, and I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally have the real goal in sight.

Congrats, Man. Revel in your new house.

Over the years, I have come up with bits of wisdom about houses that I wish to build into my own someday.

First and foremost, the toilet situation. Near the main livingspace (I.E. kitchen/dining room and living room) will be a regular "lowflo" toilet that will basically be used for pissing in, whereas near the bedroom and bathing area, there shall be an "industrial" toilet, because nobody likes to have to flush twice or three times to get those large blocks of clay that was previously your mother's best 8 bean chili down the shitty lowflo toilet.

Secondly, any area where you will logistically be consistantly carrying large bulky items or heavy items, there will be a push-down-to-turn knob instead of a regular round twist knob on said door. So, like the Laundry Room, the garage, and say a door leading from the back porch to the house. It sucks to be grilling and not have a free hand and try to open the door all by your lonesome.

Thirdly, and this is only an "if possible" type of thing, I want Geothermal heating. It's pretty simple, really. It's just a set of pipes buried about 20-25 feet in the ground away from the house on the property somewhere. At those depths, the tempurature of the ground is the AYT of the area, and you're able to dump waste-heat into it during the summer quite easily, and draw heat from it during the winter. Combine this with some simple solar cells on the roof that look like skylights and you've got (With relatively minor expense and change to the outward appearance) a pretty energy efficient home. Not to mention all the water you're saving by peeing into a lowflow toilet.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 02-14-2008 06:23:02 PM
quote:
Blindy. wrote this stupid crap:

Twll me about it. I'm going to start looking at homes in a couple months and I am so excited!

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
nem-x
posted 02-14-2008 08:22:46 PM
quote:
This one time, at Azakias camp:
Twll me about it. I'm going to start looking at homes in a couple months and I am so excited!

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 02-14-2008 09:12:36 PM
quote:
nem-x posted

Holy shit ahahahahahahahaha.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 02-18-2008 01:34:30 PM
It's a beautiful home, Blindy - congratulations!
Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Steven Steve
posted 02-18-2008 02:27:11 PM
quote:
How.... Asha'man.... uughhhhhh:

Yes, ha ha.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

LeMiere
posted 02-20-2008 02:40:22 PM
Congratulations! It's very nice.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2008 02:41:50 PM
White women
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 02-21-2008 11:51:28 AM
Proof of ghosts in bedroom and garage.
All times are US/Eastern