EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Devil May Cry 4
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2008 12:08:36 PM
Who wants to play it and tell the rest of us if it's as horrible as 2 and 3 were.

I know nothing of it aside from the fact that Dante's not in it, except the guy who is in it looks exactly like Dante, but he's not Dante, he's Nero.

Also, he has a motorcycle sword.

No, not the badass chainsaw-sword of WH40k, but a sword that he rides around.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-06-2008 12:14:32 PM
I don't get why people put hope in a series that's done nothing but failed them for the last 7 years.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2008 12:16:53 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mr. Gainsborough wrote:
I don't get why people put hope in a series that's done nothing but failed them for the last 7 years.

I'd like to say it's one of those series where the first game was so amazingly good that people keep holding out hope, but then I realized I can't think of a single series like that.

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-06-2008 12:25:23 PM
Wait, I thought DMC3 was actually pretty good?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-06-2008 12:46:16 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I'd like to say it's one of those series where the first game was so amazingly good that people keep holding out hope, but then I realized I can't think of a single series like that.

prince of persia is the same way for a lot of people (not counting the ones before ps2 era)

and it's still dumb

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2008 12:56:43 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough embraced inferiority and said
prince of persia is the same way for a lot of people (not counting the ones before ps2 era)

and it's still dumb

Yeah, you've kind of got a point there. Warrior Within and Two Thrones were...alright, I guess.

Warrior Within had a lot of the same gameplay with none of the spirit, none of the interesting shit, none of the personality.

Two Thrones just became medieval Splinter Cell except not interesting.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2008 12:59:06 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Willias was all like:
Wait, I thought DMC3 was actually pretty good?

Gameplay was fairly DMC-ish: really tough, but fun, with lots of cool shit to pull off.

Personally, though, after the third scene of Dante surfing on missile while screaming "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," I couldn't play it anymore.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 02-06-2008 01:13:47 PM
I downloaded the demo and within the whole 10min of play they let you have (seriously.. it is timed to 10min or something like that) I was done with the game. It had some neat stuff but the actual play part was poop
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-06-2008 03:15:38 PM
What the hell? The demo was fucking awesome.

Also you play Nero for most of the game but Dante is played for at least the last quarter of the game. It's better balanced to be more friendly towards newcomers to the series. I was turned off by some of the other entries to the series, too, but this game seems pretty sweet to me.

Then again, I liked Ninja Gaiden.

Suddar
posted 02-06-2008 04:38:31 PM
haha, my dog is named Dante.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-06-2008 05:30:16 PM
quote:
Suddar stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
haha, my dog is named Dante.

That's Leopold's dog, you cunt.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 02-06-2008 10:40:29 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about (_|_):
What the hell? The demo was fucking awesome.

Also you play Nero for most of the game but Dante is played for at least the last quarter of the game. It's better balanced to be more friendly towards newcomers to the series. I was turned off by some of the other entries to the series, too, but this game seems pretty sweet to me.

Then again, I liked Ninja Gaiden.

Were we playing the same game? The Demo for DMC4 that I played had 2 styles of play:
a 10min run around kill stuff and maybe get kinda far game
and a "kill constantly till you die" game..

The 10min one was all Dante running into doors and warping through with killing and shooting stuff on the side..

The other one.. well.. honestly i never played because of me deleting the demo from the 360

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-06-2008 10:52:17 PM
it's play a level for 10 minutes or kill a boss after a single encounter

There was a whole lot of killing in the 10 minute demo

I don't know what the fuck you played but you suck at it

Maradon!
posted 02-06-2008 10:55:43 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsboroughing:

and it's still dumb

I have played every Prince of Persia and they are all awesome. You're gay for thinking otherwise.

Also FF7 sucked.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-06-2008 11:05:55 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about dark elf butts:
I have played every Prince of Persia and they are all awesome. You're gay for thinking otherwise.

you're in the vast minority for thinking WW is any good

but then you're in the vast minority for everything you think so who cares

Maradon!
posted 02-06-2008 11:09:33 PM
ok warrior within was pretty weak

It was still a better game than many!

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 02-07-2008 01:53:23 AM
Over on SA Accounting nightmare(a crazy ass goon thats oddly fantastic at DMC) played through the 10 minute demo and beat the boss while killing all the bad guys, and the game looked fantastically fun.

My 360 is redlighted at the moment so I don't know. But I liked 3 if you ignored the story, which after playing through 2 twice I'm just used to doing.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-07-2008 03:59:10 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
ok warrior within was pretty weak

It was still a better game than many!

See, in today's internet-society there are only two types of games. The awesome, and the utter shit ones.

Edit: That's the digital age for you, I guess.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 02-07-2008 at 04:00 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 02-08-2008 12:19:36 AM
I loved Sands of Time and Two Thrones. SoT was just amazing as a whole - Warrior Within was only fun when you were the Sand Wraith. TTT managed to wrap up the story very well, and I was satisfied with how they wrapped up the story.

I really enjoyed DMC, I tried 2 but absolutely hated it, didn't try three and to be honest I kind of don't want to. I saw the Nevan Guitar scene and I thought it was too over-the-top and silly.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 02-08-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 02-08-2008 11:02:18 AM
I wanted to like this game, I REALLY did...

Unfortunately, it's just not as good as 3.

It's way better than 2, though. It's playable, and I daresay it even has replay value.

It's just not a masterpiece.

Also, Parce, next time you play 3, just skip the cutscenes and play. If you can't stand the over-the-top characters, you still need to play the game for the gameplay which is still unmatched by any game past or present.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: