EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hancock
Aaron (the good one)
posted 02-04-2008 12:43:30 AM
Great movie? Or Greatest movie?
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-04-2008 01:46:52 AM
It's going to be balls-out.

Smif has been doing well for himself.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-04-2008 10:15:33 AM
The way he moves is so flowy and weird.

This movie may, in fact, be amazing.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-04-2008 10:54:54 AM
That's going to be great. THANK GOD we're getting an original movie or two from Hollywood this year.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-04-2008 12:06:28 PM
what if will smif was in the cloverfield sequel

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 02-04-2008 at 12:06 PM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-04-2008 01:17:49 PM
TRAIN ALL BANGED UP
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alaan
posted 02-04-2008 01:37:06 PM
Has there ever been a super hero that was like, "Yep, that's me alright. No secret identity here."
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-04-2008 01:40:04 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Alaan:
Has there ever been a super hero that was like, "Yep, that's me alright. No secret identity here."

The Thing?

Steven Steve
posted 02-04-2008 02:33:10 PM
Also Doctor Strange, Conan, Adrian Veidt, Lobo, all Dragonball characters except for Gohan, Vash the Stampede, Duke Nukem, hundreds of other video game characters like Garrett, JC Denton, Raziel, etc.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 02-04-2008 02:37:09 PM
"Tickets? I'm not tickets, I'm Son Gokuu!"
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Steven Steve
posted 02-04-2008 02:37:41 PM
Richard B. Riddick

Steven Steve
posted 02-04-2008 02:37:56 PM
Luke Cage

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-04-2008 03:03:59 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve got served! Stalwart Steve got served!
Richard B. Riddick

Dick Be Ride Dick

Dick Be Ridin' Dick

Yeah, that second one.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 02-04-2008 11:47:34 PM

Dr. Delidgamond Ph.D fucked around with this message on 02-04-2008 at 11:50 PM.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Maradon!
posted 02-05-2008 12:19:20 AM
So what's the premise here?

An apathetic super hero? we've had those.

Now a guy off the welfare lines turning into a super hero but keeping the social entitlement mentality that he learned while on the government dole, THAT would be something new.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 02-05-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Greenlit
posted 02-05-2008 12:38:40 AM
He seems like The Captain from Nextwave and I am perfectly happy with that
Alaan
posted 02-05-2008 12:56:53 AM
It looks fun to watch. It doesn't have to be "good."
Tier
posted 02-05-2008 01:04:49 AM
what's up with the comment reviews on that youtube trailer anyway
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-05-2008 03:48:04 AM
quote:
Quoth Maradon!:
So what's the premise here?

An apathetic super hero? we've had those.

Now a guy off the welfare lines turning into a super hero but keeping the social entitlement mentality that he learned while on the government dole, THAT would be something new.

The premise doesn't so much seem apathy as a superhero who can't do good without wreaking havoc in the process.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-05-2008 02:43:21 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Cuba:
The premise doesn't so much seem apathy as a superhero who can't do good without wreaking havoc in the process.

I always wondered how superman got around that whole "Oh shit I just got thrown into your multimillion dollar building, my bad" thing.

Does the government just pick it up, or does he have to spend his free super-speed time rebuilding the damn thing?

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-05-2008 03:03:49 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Does the government just pick it up, or does he have to spend his free super-speed time rebuilding the damn thing?

Since it's Superman, world's greatest Boy Scout, I'm sure he just rebuilds everything.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-05-2008 03:21:17 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough is attacking the darkness!
Since it's Superman, world's greatest Boy Scout, I'm sure he just rebuilds everything.
That only covers the masonry. Clark's no electrician.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-05-2008 03:26:24 PM
the man can grind coal into diamonds i don't think he has a problem with money ok
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-05-2008 03:34:30 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
the man can grind coal into diamonds i don't think he has a problem with money ok

if he does that too much won't that devalue diamonds entirely, eventually making him penniless with a bunch of shiny, hard rocks?

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-05-2008 04:01:23 PM
Maybe the local building owners have "collateral damage" coverage in their insurance policies. It might be a supplemental policy, like flood or earthquake insurance.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Steven Steve
posted 02-05-2008 04:06:48 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Knight Rider:
if he does that too much won't that devalue diamonds entirely, eventually making him penniless with a bunch of shiny, hard rocks?

Nah, prices should be sticky enough that he should be able to pay for just about everything he breaks with this method (not to mention using his super senses to mine precious minerals for himself).

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-05-2008 05:13:16 PM
quote:
From the book of Delphi Aegis, chapter 3, verse 16:

he would have to do a ridiculous amount of diamond crushin to even come close to fucking up the market for them

Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 02-12-2008 04:23:03 AM
There's also the fact that a diamond is only valuable because the market is kept from being flooded. It is not a very rare stone. Hancock looks cool, too. Yeah.
Maradon!
posted 02-12-2008 07:18:10 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Razortooth Gnome booooze lime pole over bench lick:
There's also the fact that a diamond is only valuable because the market is kept from being flooded. It is not a very rare stone. Hancock looks cool, too. Yeah.

THE DEBEERS CONSPIRACY!!!ONE1111

hint: jewelry-quality diamonds actually are quite rare

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 02-12-2008 09:20:10 AM
Man can make flawless diamonds of most sizes now.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-12-2008 11:08:20 AM
quote:
Naimah - Naimah = 0:
Man can make flawless diamonds of most sizes now.

But their not real.

Delphi Aegis
posted 02-13-2008 01:22:52 AM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Knight Rider:
But their not real.

They're quite real. Real as any other corbon lattice structure, at any rate.

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-13-2008 02:32:34 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Robocop:
They're quite real. Real as any other corbon lattice structure, at any rate.

You mean carbon?

Delphi Aegis
posted 02-13-2008 06:22:55 AM
quote:
I want some of what Willias was smoking when they wrote this:
You mean carbon?

I knew fate would find a way to twist that knife in my side.

Steven Steve
posted 02-13-2008 07:36:31 AM
your your your your your

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: