EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Looking for a program
Goma
Pancake
posted 01-28-2008 08:36:16 PM
Okay, so, the format that my cellphone saves recorded videos in is "3G2". What I need is a program that converts the .3g2 format into some some other format, be it mpeg, avi, wmv, whatever.

More specifically I need a program that is toally FREE, because all the programs that I have found so far all have free TRIALS, but in the long term will be useless to me and I really dont want to pay $15-30 for some dumb file conversion software.

So basically I was wondering if any one of you folks know of any free/cracked programs that could do this for me. I'm going to continue searching but any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-28-2008 10:38:54 PM
I did something similar recently, and ImToo/Xilisoft (same thing, really) worked well enough for me.

Edit: Link

Tegadil fucked around with this message on 01-28-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-28-2008 11:25:32 PM
Along the veins of this problem: I can record sounds with my phone using my speakers and whatnot, however these sounds can't be used as ringtones (There's a cute Portal Turret one I wish to use). Is there some special format I have to use to spoonfeed my phone the associated sounds, or?
Greenlit
posted 01-29-2008 01:26:51 AM
gg not telling us anything about your phone
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-29-2008 02:06:17 AM
quote:
Blah blah blah Greenlit blah blah blah...
gg not telling us anything about your phone

Sorry. I've been reading too much Charles Stross lately and just assumed that phone companies weren't fucking retarded and used the same standard format for their phones to ensure plug-and-play functionality across all networks, and then I remembered after the edit period passed that we live in a capitalist society.

It's a MotoSlvr L7c.

I want VR glasses like the ones in Her Majesty's Occult Service. :/

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 01-30-2008 10:43:09 PM
quote:
How.... Delphi Aegis.... uughhhhhh:

It's a MotoSlvr L7c.

Any Motorola phone that has a 5 pin usb port can be accessed with Motorola Phone Tools. The Slver is just a bar Razr in some aspects, I believe it has the 5 pin port.

If you have the USB cable, good. If not, they can be had for cheap or borrowed from other electronics like Cameras or Camcorders.

The actual program of Motorola Phone Tools is pretty easy to use and handy when you want to make your own or import songs/pics/etc to your phone.

Good news is this:

Motorola accepts MP3 files with no problems.

Resourcefully this can be free

If not, it will run you around $55 bucks or so. I have my copy from when I used to work for Alltel. The cable, I stole from my ex girlfriend's camera.

*Bonus* The cable can be used as a charger as well if you don't have a wall charger! It won't charge as quick as direct current, but if you need to get some juice, its available.

Maradon!
posted 01-30-2008 11:36:27 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Delphi Aegis booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Sorry. I've been reading too much Charles Stross lately and just assumed that phone companies weren't fucking retarded and used the same standard format for their phones to ensure plug-and-play functionality across all networks, and then I remembered after the edit period passed that we live in a capitalist society.

If you're blaming capitalism for something, odds are good you're saying something stupid.

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-31-2008 01:29:33 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Maradon! was all like:
If you're blaming capitalism for something, odds are good you're saying something stupid.

I'm not really, I've just been reading some very forward-thinking books in terms of technology (Look up Toast or Accelerando by Charles Stross and you'll see what I mean really fast) and am just dissapointed that in the interests of ease-of-use to end consumer that it hasn't been standardized, is all.

Edit: Also thank you Brahmin; It does indeed have a 5-pin USB port. Though it doesn't look like one.

It does have the ability to accept micro-SD cards, and I have the raw .mp3 (Or can encode it as such), so if it takes mp3s as ringtones, this is exceptionally helpful!

Now I just have to figure out a way to get the mp3 from my computer to the SD card without a multimedia reader on my PC.

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 01-31-2008 at 01:47 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: