EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How do you deal with drunken friends?
Oreowned
My friends call me 'Wiggles'
posted 01-26-2008 12:15:50 AM
TLDR Version: Should I wake my roommate up for work tomorrow?

The story:

So basically, I don't drink. My roommate does! She went out drinking tonight with some of our other friends (completely irresponsible ones, btw) on the condition that they "wouldn't let her drink too much because she has work tomorrow morning." Fine, whatever.

She stumbles in about a half an hour ago, pukes on the floor and passes out for about 10 minutes right in front of the door. I'm not the best at dealing with drunks, I tend to avoid them because they annoy the hell out of me. So I have like, zero experience with this stuff. But really, she's my roommate. So I got her some water and cleaned up the puke and waited til she came round to try and move her to a reasonable area that wasn't right in front of the door. Course she has to start balling her eyes out about how much the world hates her and she's a terrible person and some terrible secret about how she got eaten out by a dyke the last time she was wasted. (The memories will never fade for me.) Eventually I got her into some pajamas and into bed with a garbage can and a glass of water...but right before I start to back away she pulls her face up real close to mine and says, "Alexa, I want you to promise me you'll wake me up for work tomorrow morning." Or at least that's the translated version. What I got was actually more like "I'm ssoooooooorrrry *wave of alchohol vomit breath* I'm sooooo sorrryyyy pleeeease ughhhhhhhhh wake me up we have work tomorrow you have to PROMISSSSE"

So I was like, "Of course sweetie now go to sleep, you'll feel better tomorrow if you need anything let me know."

She gets terrible hangovers and will probably feel like shit tomorrow. We both work the breakfast shift at our school's dining hall, so we're talking 8am until 3:00pm most likely.

I was planning on just going in myself and telling our boss that she's sick, but I know she won't remember anything of tonight but she will be pissed that I didn't wake her up and I will get hell for it.

So a couple questions for those of you that might be more experienced with dealing with these types of things:

1)Do I wake her up for work?
2)What is the right way to deal with the pukey garbage can? The one I left with her really needs to be washed (it smells) so do I do it now while she's sleeping and risk her having to puke again and negate all the work? Or do I leave it to fester til I can get to it after my shift?
3)I kinda snapped at one of the friends she was out with, telling him "You're a dick for letting her get this drunk and then leaving me to clean up after her." I feel bad about it now, should I apologize?
4)What is a good way to tell her, "Fuck alchohol if you do this again I will not be so nice about it." Without you know, being a bitch about it.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-26-2008 12:19:19 AM
Kids get drunk. Whatever.

Make her clean up her mess when she gets up, wake her up so she can decide whether or not to call herself into work or not, and don't act self-righteous about the alcohol. You're not her mom, you're her friend. She's probably gonna feel like shit enough tomorrow without getting a lecture, but she should definitely clean shit up at least.

Don't bother apologizing to the friend. Sounds like they were douchebags.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 01-26-2008 12:21:29 AM
Garbage Can = Bleach.
Roomie = Run to walmart, and get a 15$ wedding band, and leave it on her finger.
The friend = Don't apologize.
The Future of Alcohol = Don't bother trying.
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Zair
The Imp
posted 01-26-2008 12:32:51 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough was listening to Cher while typing:
Kids get drunk. Whatever.

Make her clean up her mess when she gets up, wake her up so she can decide whether or not to call herself into work or not, and don't act self-righteous about the alcohol. You're not her mom, you're her friend. She's probably gonna feel like shit enough tomorrow without getting a lecture, but she should definitely clean shit up at least.

Don't bother apologizing to the friend. Sounds like they were douchebags.

This is probably the soundest advice.

Thread over.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-26-2008 01:41:57 AM
The only true justice is to go get totally shitfaced and make her take care of you.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-26-2008 01:53:07 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Kaiote was all like:
Garbage Can = Bleach.
Roomie = Run to walmart, and get a 15$ wedding band, and leave it on her finger.
The friend = Don't apologize.
The Future of Alcohol = Don't bother trying.

The wedding band is the best part.

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 01-26-2008 02:23:30 AM
She overdid it and will pay for it, she wont need you for that

You did promise to wake her up and you should do that.

nem-x
posted 01-26-2008 05:29:41 AM
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 01-26-2008 09:11:58 AM
quote:
nem-x spewed forth this undeniable truth:
feel her up
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-29-2008 10:31:46 PM
wake her up with a glass of water and two tylenol, but don't tell her what happened last night.

I also vote for the wedding band idea.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-29-2008 10:35:55 PM
Let her wake up in a nasty, drty bathroom with her leg chained to an o-ring in the wall. With a rusty saw within easy reach.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Skaw
posted 01-30-2008 01:21:02 AM
Let's reply a solution to a problem that ended 3 days ago.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2008 01:24:28 AM
quote:
Azakias obviously shouldn't have said:
Let her wake up in a nasty, drty bathroom with her leg chained to an o-ring in the wall. With a rusty saw within easy reach.

Hahahaha like that movie saw

Remember that guys

Remember saw

Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 01-30-2008 02:11:25 AM
I never saw Saw. I didn't really want to see Saw, either.

I would do the wedding band thing. If you didn't do it, prepare for next time.

Skaw
posted 01-30-2008 02:13:23 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mr. Parcelan wrote:
Hahahaha like that movie saw

Remember that guys

Remember saw

Man, I remember Saw.

And I remember the sequel that came out.

Then the other one.

And that next one.

Man, I sure hope they make another so we can never forget Saw!

Oreowned
posted 01-30-2008 10:48:22 AM
Oh, you guys.

I didn't have a wedding band so I just scribbled a phone number and "Had a great time last night, call me. -Sarah" and left it next to her bed.

If I had to describe the look she got it would be a mix between horror and awe.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-30-2008 11:44:16 AM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-30-2008 12:30:24 PM
But let's get to the meat of the matter.

1) Are you hot?

2) Has your roommate confessed...secret things to you while drunk?

Oreowned
posted 01-30-2008 01:41:06 PM
1) Yes?
2) Yeah, but probably not the type of things you were implying.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-30-2008 01:51:00 PM
pics or it didnt happen
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-30-2008 01:51:49 PM
Yeah, at least post a picture of the note or something.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-30-2008 01:57:52 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about pies:
Yeah, at least post a picture of the note or something.

I was talking about her being hot.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-30-2008 02:03:15 PM
quote:
Cool Hand Luke still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
I was talking about her being hot.

Uh, so was I. I just wanted context.

Yeah.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: