EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: BHUTTO ASSASSINATED!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-27-2007 05:57:47 PM
And I shall not rest until the killers are brought to justice!

So hey, Pakistan is pretty much crazy.

Mightion Defensor
posted 12-27-2007 06:04:23 PM
I find it suspicious that CNN had a banner graphic ready to go.
Maradon!
posted 12-27-2007 06:30:13 PM
Starting a who done it pool.

Iran: 1 (me)
Syria:
CPP:
Russia:
Al-Qaeda:
George W. Bush:
Global Warming:

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 12-27-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Skaw
posted 12-27-2007 06:41:03 PM
Altaïr.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-27-2007 06:47:29 PM
What's the CPP?
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-27-2007 06:50:29 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was naked while typing this:
What's the CPP?

I assume he meant CCP, the Chinese Communist Party. But I don't know.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 12-27-2007 06:50:45 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mr. Parcelan was all like:
What's the CPP?

something about communists probably

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-27-2007 06:51:45 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Altaïr.

I hear it was a suicide bombing done by vespa.

They should have made vespa kills in Assassin's Creed.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-27-2007 06:54:12 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Cool Hand Luke said this:
I assume he meant CCP, the Chinese Communist Party. But I don't know.

That doesn't seem too likely.

I'll put my money on Iran, since "crazy psychopath with a vespa" isn't an option.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 12-27-2007 07:37:01 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mightion Defensor was all like:
I find it suspicious that CNN had a banner graphic ready to go.

Really? I would have found it odd if they didn't have one made up to be posted right away. She's had countless assassination attempts against her since she arrived back in Pakistan.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-27-2007 07:39:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they have a generic banner made up and ready to go for pretty much any leader in the middle east.
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Maradon!
posted 12-27-2007 08:18:22 PM
quote:
x--Mr. ParcelanO-('-'Q) :
What's the CPP?

quote:
Noxhil2ing:
something about communists probably

Right!

Renegade communist terror organization in pakistan.

Tier
posted 12-27-2007 08:27:46 PM
Jews did it, of course.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-27-2007 09:04:19 PM
Awesome. A nuclear power on the brink of anarchy. I bet India is collectively shitting itself right now. Well, that, or prepping for a first strike.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-27-2007 09:05:50 PM
If the Pakistani Intelligence Service didn't have a hand in this, it'd be one of the few things in the world that could honestly surprise me any more.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-27-2007 09:07:14 PM
quote:
Arttemis was listening to Cher while typing:
Really? I would have found it odd if they didn't have one made up to be posted right away. She's had countless assassination attempts against her since she arrived back in Pakistan.

Well that and they got final confirmation that she died at 5AM in the morning stateside, and CNN had been covering the story, and that she was seriously injured, since the attack happened so were well aware from almost the begining that it was a likely outcome.

Seriously, unless you are some weird conspiracy theorist, it's not really all that surprising they had a banner up later by this afternoon hours after the fact.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 12-27-2007 09:27:17 PM
My guess is several groups. First was probably the various extremist groups. A number of them would greatly benefit from the political chaos that has taken place since. The other would be the military and intelligence of the Pakistani government, who probably didn't do the assassination itself, they probably just let it happen (ignored the prep work being done, etc) . Bhutto's political party was pretty much the only effective national party in opposition to the government, and she was pretty much the only thing holding the party together at this point.

As for the CNN banner, most news channels prepare likely news story banners way ahead of time. Remember the news story a few years back when someone found the directory where CNN was keeping such pre-made banners for their web site, but forgot to protect the dir? (Pope died, Cheney died, etc, etc). I'm sure they have a very similar stockpile for their TV channels.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 12-27-2007 09:29:32 PM
quote:
Callalron enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
If the Pakistani Intelligence Service didn't have a hand in this, it'd be one of the few things in the world that could honestly surprise me any more.

Exactly what I was thinking, considering her killer was one of the terrorists that Musharraf has done such a good job of bringing to heel.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-27-2007 10:46:59 PM
quote:
It has been ordained by Primus, that there will be a Chosen One who will use the Matrix to "light our darkest hour." That darkest hour may come sooner if Cherveny keeps posting things like this:
As for the CNN banner, most news channels prepare likely news story banners way ahead of time. Remember the news story a few years back when someone found the directory where CNN was keeping such pre-made banners for their web site, but forgot to protect the dir? (Pope died, Cheney died, etc, etc). I'm sure they have a very similar stockpile for their TV channels.

I know this; I remember that incident. I was making a joke.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-27-2007 11:15:19 PM
it was manbearpig
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-28-2007 12:58:59 AM
Psh, it was obviously the Ron Paul supporters.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-28-2007 12:01:23 PM
Dammit! She was second on my list of hot, powerful babes to do, just after Margaret Thatcher and before Hillary!
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Willias
Pancake
posted 12-28-2007 01:23:50 PM
You'd do Hillary? D:
Maradon!
posted 12-28-2007 02:48:08 PM
I think he was being sarcastic.

It looks like everyone's saying it's Al-Qaeda. They had camps along the pakistani border that patrols were unable to eliminate, and Bhutto was making plans to drive them out.

Hayato
Pancake
posted 12-28-2007 10:00:55 PM
This was obviously the work of Cobra.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-31-2007 03:45:23 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: