EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This can't be real....
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-22-2007 10:50:40 PM
SOE bought by Indian company?

Not that I play any SOE games any more, but this is still a bit of a shock. There was one line in the article that made me oddly doubly glad I gave up on SOE:

quote:
The major expenses in the gaming industry is on content and marketing, and Zapak aims to reduce the cost of publishing a game by buying out those studios and relocating them to India. “This will reduce the cost drastically from $30 mn to $10mn, which will give us the advantage to channelise our funds towards marketing and other activities,” the official said.[/qb]

Dear heaven...

Willias
Pancake
posted 12-23-2007 12:25:44 AM
Fake.

Edit: May mean that Zapak is going to bring SOE games to India, but SOE isn't for sale. link

Willias fucked around with this message on 12-23-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 12-23-2007 02:15:51 AM
I hope no one figures out how much cheaper it would be to develop games in India.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-23-2007 02:20:57 AM
wonder if this is the same indian company that bought, what was it.. something like a 1% stake in SOE?
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Razor
posted 12-23-2007 02:30:41 AM
quote:
KaLourin painfully thought these words up:
wonder if this is the same indian company that bought, what was it.. something like a 1% stake in SOE?

Yep, It is. I can't find any confirmation on Sony's or Zabak's site, or on any other financial news site US, Japan or BBC based about the story Mightion posted.
I think the news, if any, won't be broken over here until the deal is signed and approved my the Dept of Commerce.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Maradon!
posted 12-23-2007 12:24:17 PM
quote:
x--Noxhil2O-('-'Q) :
I hope no one figures out how much cheaper it would be to develop games in India.

Increased efficiency means nothing if product quality falls to a point where it's no longer tolerated by the market.

For SOE though I guess there's really nowhere to go but up.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 12-23-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Alaan
posted 12-23-2007 05:39:17 PM
SOE's president strongly denies the sale and says the only thing they have going with Zapak is distribution rights for their games to be sold in India.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: