EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Oh god Peter Jackson working on the Hobbit
Alaan
posted 12-19-2007 10:49:39 PM
quote:
Los Angeles, CA (Tuesday, December 18, 2007) Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson; Harry Sloan, Chairman and CEO, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM); Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs of New Line Cinema have jointly announced today that they have entered into the following series of agreements:

* MGM and New Line will co-finance and co-distribute two films, “The Hobbit” and a sequel to “The Hobbit.” New Line will distribute in North America and MGM will distribute internationally.

* Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will serve as Executive Producers of two films based on “The Hobbit.” New Line will manage the production of the films, which will be shot simultaneously.

* Peter Jackson and New Line have settled all litigation relating to the “Lord of the Rings” (LOTR) Trilogy.

Said Peter Jackson, “I’m very pleased that we’ve been able to put our differences behind us, so that we may begin a new chapter with our old friends at New Line. ‘The Lord of the Rings’ is a legacy we proudly share with Bob and Michael, and together, we share that legacy with millions of loyal fans all over the world. We are delighted to continue our journey through Middle Earth. I also want to thank Harry Sloan and our new friends at MGM for helping us find the common ground necessary to continue that journey.”

Slated release of the first one in 2010.

Greenlit
posted 12-19-2007 11:10:33 PM
raping my childhood etc etc
Alaan
posted 12-19-2007 11:12:04 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Greenlit stammered:

The Hobbit wasn't part of my childhood, so at least that is safe for the moment!

ALthough I'm ing it being two movies. I guess dinero is making that decision.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2007 02:00:04 AM
OH NO A NEW MOVIE
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2007 02:00:54 AM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about John Romero:

I eagerly await a live-action GI Joe/Transformers/TMNT crossover so that half the goon population plus Faelynn will simultaneously kill themselves.

Gork
Pancake
posted 12-20-2007 07:24:48 AM
There was a sequel to The Hobbit?
Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Gadani
U
posted 12-20-2007 01:59:56 PM
DOublepostlol

Gadani fucked around with this message on 12-20-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Gadani
U
posted 12-20-2007 02:00:00 PM
quote:
Gork painfully thought these words up:

Yes its called the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-20-2007 02:30:34 PM
quote:
Gork had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

They're either splitting the Hobbit in half for two movies or they're patching together information about what happened in the interim from other works (or some combination of both)

Alaan
posted 12-20-2007 02:31:18 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Kegwen said this:
They're either splitting the Hobbit in half for two movies or they're patching together information about what happened in the interim from other works (or some combination of both)

They'll probably expand on a lot of things that get a brief mention in book but almost no detail.

Maradon!
posted 12-20-2007 07:20:20 PM
More than enough shit happened - explicitly - in The Hobbit for two movies.

Movie 1: Getting to the dragon and beating him up

Movie 2: The war, the Arkenstone, the goblins and shit. Plenty of room for action.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-20-2007 08:00:26 PM
Hope they include the expelling of the Necromancer from the mountain.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-22-2007 01:07:01 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Katrinity gently hums:
Hope they include the expelling of the Necromancer from the mountain.

Hope they don't fuck with the plot and characters needlessly like with the others.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: