EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Art Suggestions
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 12-12-2007 03:21:16 PM
So for one of my final art projects we needed to do a perspective piece. I decided on doing a moose apocalypse.

Basically bunch of moose are staring in horror at some mushroom clouds that are going up over the mountains while another one is riding a bomb in Dr. Strangelove style.

In the center of the piece I have a moose bent over kissing its own ass goodbye. For some reason my art teacher has a problem with this.

So I'm looking for suggestions on what I should put there instead. I haven't actually started painting it yet, so there's plenty of time!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-12-2007 03:26:15 PM
paint it anyway and tell him that his opposition inspired you to make great art.
Greenlit
posted 12-12-2007 03:30:17 PM
Moose apocalypse sucks.

Do something that doesn't suck.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-12-2007 03:32:07 PM
Bonus points if you managed to work Bullwinkle into the picture somehow.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Dr. Gee
posted 12-12-2007 04:20:56 PM
quote:
So quoth Callalron:
Bonus points if you managed to work Bullwinkle into the picture somehow.

Shit there we go. I knew I was missing something.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-12-2007 05:03:34 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
For some reason my art teacher has a problem with this.

Probably because, at this point, you're in a college-level class and you seem to be painting third grade shit.

Why don't you just do a bunch of stick figures in front of a house and a smiley sun?

nem-x
posted 12-12-2007 05:08:25 PM
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-12-2007 06:27:14 PM
Draw a stick figure of yourself in the tub showing off drawings of stick figures you did.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Ares
posted 12-12-2007 07:48:18 PM
Is this a fine art course? Cause Illustration instructors would like that idea. Fine art teachers want totally different things.
Dr. Gee
posted 12-12-2007 10:11:59 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Is this a fine art course? Cause Illustration instructors would like that idea. Fine art teachers want totally different things.

Well, it was billed as an introduction Elements of Design course which was supposed to focus on things like value and color theory with a side order of practical things.

Instead the proffessor basically hands out projects, spends maybe 10-20 minutes lecturing for every 12 hours of class and works on her own sculpture projects. Which is why I decided to take the immature low road and do something involving moose fleeing in terror/kissing their own asses as one of my last two projects.

In short, it's supposed to be a hybrid lecture/art class that ended up being 95% self-taught Fine Art and graded as if you were already an accomplished artist even if this is the first art class you've ever taken that went beyond using crayons (as in my case).

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-12-2007 11:37:43 PM
draw mario riding on yoshi but make yoshi's face into a penis

also draw mushrooms and pot plants all around the background

Ares
posted 12-13-2007 09:13:24 AM
Wow, I'm sure you're glad you spent the money for that course.

Colour theory and composition are the most basic, but important aspect of design. It's a shame that she didn't bother to go more in depth with it.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 12-15-2007 08:55:59 PM
I have yet to meet a fine arts teacher that doesn't absolutely loathe anything anime- or cartoon-related. Even solid lines are a no-no to most of them, everything has to have a fuzzy, 'natural' border or it's automatically crap.
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Maradon!
posted 12-15-2007 09:00:32 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Kait who doth quote:
I have yet to meet a fine arts teacher that doesn't absolutely loathe anything anime- or cartoon-related.

That's because anime usually isn't even related to art, let alone fine art. Sorry to damage your inflated opinion of japanese culture.

Ares
posted 12-16-2007 02:13:33 AM
quote:
Verily, Kait doth proclaim:
I have yet to meet a fine arts teacher that doesn't absolutely loathe anything anime- or cartoon-related. Even solid lines are a no-no to most of them, everything has to have a fuzzy, 'natural' border or it's automatically crap.

Obviously you've never met an illustration instructor. Most of what we do is cartoon-related and usually have a combination of line and tone. However, they do frown upon anime.

Illustration is the commercial art that you see in magazines, posters and books.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: