EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, I won alcohol
Ares
posted 12-09-2007 02:34:32 PM
I went to my work's 100th anniversary xmas party and I won a raffle! I got... A bottle of sake.

I was expecting wine, but what can you do? It's free. I have no idea how to drink sake or what it's good with. I normally drink cocktails, mostly anything with citrus.

So, now I have this cheap-ass Hakutsuru sake that I found out costs around $9 here. I know cheap sake must be served hot (all of the instructions on the back are in french, wtf... company is from Quebec, but I could make out to serve it hot at least), but what I want to know is if it can be mixed into a cocktail?

Any sake experts out there?

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-09-2007 02:38:48 PM
Heat it up, and choke it down.

Every time I've had it, I've just poured it into a sake cup and heated it up in a microwave and downed it. It's a seriously acquired taste, but wow is it quick to the whole "you're retarded now" punchline.

There's probably better ways of doing it, but the main consensus is you do not drink the stuff cold or luke warm. Piping hot is the only way.

Also, yeah you can mix it with stuff and there's plenty of drink recipe sites around the net for stuff like that. I don't know one off the top of my head for sake recipes, but I'm sure just googling "sake recipes" would be fine if you want a cocktail recipe for it.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 12-09-2007 at 02:41 PM.

nem-x
posted 12-09-2007 03:05:12 PM
be prepared for the worst alcohol youve ever drunk but youll drink it anyways
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 12-09-2007 03:54:52 PM
just do a bunch of sake bombs, you'll hardly taste it
Skaw
posted 12-09-2007 04:48:00 PM
quote:
nem-x was naked while typing this:
be prepared for the worst alcohol youve ever drunk but youll drink it anyways

Nem-x renounces his nip heritage.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 12-09-2007 05:40:33 PM
Good luck with that one, hun!

Never had sake myself, but I can translate if you send over the label.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Tier
posted 12-09-2007 05:45:47 PM
There's no "right way" to drink cheap sake, just heat it up. Avoid microwave because it'll only make it taste worse.
Ares
posted 12-09-2007 09:03:29 PM
Maradon!
posted 12-09-2007 09:04:57 PM
it tastes like ink
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-09-2007 09:17:39 PM
Steps to enjoying your sake:

1. Open sake bottle.
2. Turn bottle upside down over sink or toilet.
3. Empty bottle.
4. Place empty bottle on display shelf if it has a nice label.
5. Procure bottle of Stoli.
6. Open Stoli.
7. Enjoy.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Tier
posted 12-09-2007 10:15:16 PM
tbh, I think cheap sake is much better in relation to the real thing than cheap beer and cheep wine are to their counterparts. so it's not that bad.
nem-x
posted 12-10-2007 12:17:38 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-10-2007 08:36:01 AM
Yeah, I would hang on to it for cooking purposes. I've never "gotten" sake, and me and alcohol is tight, son.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-10-2007 10:45:23 AM
Hmm, I've never had sake. I should rectify that soon.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-10-2007 02:45:44 PM
I have Sake any time I go to the local suchi place, and it's always awesome.

The best part of it is, it hits you, and then it's gone. There is no lingering aftertaste like a lot of liquors. I don't know if the stuff you got is worth two shits but the house sake at Sake Bomb's is quite good.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-10-2007 04:13:49 PM
Sake bombing is the way to go, in my opinion. Sake was originally invented out of necessity, since the Japanese had very little to make liquor out of, and also because they needed something to forget the pain of constant ninja attacks, the knowledge that they would be a mecca for nerds and that they would someday sire nem-x.

When I was still living in the dorms, we would fill a Big Gulp with beer, then drop a five-oz. sake-filled shotglass in it and chug it.

My.

Godf.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-10-2007 04:20:16 PM
that's vile
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 12-10-2007 05:04:20 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough posted

that's vile

that's dorm life for you.

Steven Steve
posted 12-10-2007 08:46:01 PM
Ha ha ha
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-10-2007 08:47:28 PM
Whoever organised the raffle is a big fat weeaboo.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-11-2007 01:49:53 AM
A BIG FAT ONE
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-11-2007 01:54:45 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan probably says this to all the girls:
A BIG FAT ONE

like ur mom

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-11-2007 01:56:07 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
like ur mom

Judge Philip Banks.

Ares
posted 12-11-2007 09:07:48 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mortious said:
Whoever organised the raffle is a big fat weeaboo.

I wanted the watercolour and acrylic paint sets or the brush set that my coworker won.

I still got a better prize than my one coworker.. She got a book called 'Show and Tell' which basically describes different products.

So, yeah. I don't think I'll be drinking this.. But I'm happy that I won. I never win anything.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: