EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tin Man
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-06-2007 01:16:21 AM
Two threads in one day. Go me!

Finally got to watch part three tonight. Personally I liked it. Not your father's Wizard of Oz. No songs, flying monkeys, and that outfit that Azkadellia wore with the metal collar/bustier that put the "girls" on rather prominent display. Check, check and double check.

A very different reimagining of the story to be sure. I would definately like to see more of the Oz books done, if they made them like this.

Anyone else care to add their impressions of the series?

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 12-06-2007 01:52:53 AM
I tried to watch it, and I guess the modern-day Dorothy's lines are alright. But a lot of the others are uber-corny, gratingly so. I'm too tired and feverish to remember specifics, but the scarecrow annoys me a lot. And all those flashbacks of the two little girls, ugh.
Sorry, I know it's pretty superficial of me, but it's difficult for me to get past a corny script.
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Demos
Pancake
posted 12-06-2007 04:36:58 AM
It was better then 90% of the made-for-tv stuff on Scifi. I was satisfied with it. Not like I'm going to run out to buy it on dvd or anything, but it was worth watching.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Maradon!
posted 12-06-2007 05:51:13 AM
Whoa whoa whoa

Zooey Deschanel is in a new series and nobody notified me?

This is entirely fucking unacceptable.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-06-2007 06:14:17 AM
The new Dorothy was annoying, but I thought the scarecrow, lion, and tin man analogues were excellently done. And yes, I want to tittyfuck D.G.'s evil sister.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-06-2007 07:22:54 AM
no flying monkeys... but flying monkey-bats!

I enjoyed it. Evil never looked so good

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-06-2007 12:56:10 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Maradon! said:
Whoa whoa whoa

Zooey Deschanel is in a new series and nobody notified me?

This is entirely fucking unacceptable.

You're in luck. They're rerunning the entire series again on Sunday, so you've got another opportunity.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-06-2007 01:02:02 PM
I thought it was pretty spiff. Could of done with a little more dark and gritty but otherwise not a bad modernization of Baum's books.

I loved Alan Cummings as Glitch.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-07-2007 01:28:33 AM
I rather enjoyed it, although I missed some of it I will have to catch this Sunday instead.

What's sad is that so many people are ranting about it because they were expecting more a modernization of the "Wizard of Oz" (ie: The musical everyone knows) as opposed to the Wonderful World of Oz series.

Most people aren't even aware that there was a series at all, and that the musical had very little in common with the material. Sorceress what? Witches what?

Now, they just need to make more of the series and get to Jack. Jack is the best.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-08-2007 05:31:41 PM
I really liked it. It felt at times almost Wicked-ish (the book, not the musical) especially in the scenes with the Mystic Man. The big secret was interesting, although Deth and I were pegging them as descendants of Ozma and not Dorothy Gale but it still worked. The references that they did throw in from the original musical movie made me chuckle a bit when they popped up. All in all, I thought it was a good series and I wouldn't mind seeing more of that sort of thing.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: