EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I somehow catch all of the best parts of RAW
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-05-2007 01:10:08 PM
No, really. I think I have a sixth sense about these things.

DAMN

The best part? Bradshaw calling Lillian Garcia "Mrs. Ed."

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Skaw
posted 12-05-2007 01:15:52 PM
Coach has put on the pounds.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-05-2007 01:35:08 PM
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-05-2007 01:57:32 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Mr. Gainsborough stammered:
DAMN

All it took was one word to make watching that whole video worth it.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-05-2007 02:20:11 PM
DAMN

This thread is now for videos of Ron Simmons saying DAMN. Because this is the most hilarious shit I've seen in awhile.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-05-2007 08:29:02 PM
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-05-2007 10:55:42 PM
quote:
Cool Hand Luke had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Cryme Tyme + Slick + The American Dweeeeam + Sgt. Slaughter + Jimmy Hart + IRS + Ricky Steamboat = The best DAMN! ever

Who was that that walked by and did the Tatanka impersonation.

I agree, that was an excellent DAMN

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-06-2007 07:18:45 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Falaanla Marr:
Who was that that walked by and did the Tatanka impersonation.

I agree, that was an excellent DAMN

Gerald Briscoe.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-06-2007 07:28:28 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mcxbvHS-ivE&feature=related

Props to the original!

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-06-2007 07:33:53 AM
When things go too far.

lol at the "we want wrestling" chant that starts up around 4:40

Cool Hand Luke fucked around with this message on 12-06-2007 at 07:36 AM.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-06-2007 07:41:58 AM
This is the original. Accidently linked the same one twice and it's too late to edit!
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 12-06-2007 10:32:58 PM
TNA > WWE
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-06-2007 10:39:29 PM
quote:
Vallo enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
TNA > WWE

If by > you mean more laughable then, yes.

TNA is just ridiculous. WWE is just a cash cow.

Both of them suck now.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 12-06-2007 10:49:39 PM
TNA doesn't really put much effort into the story line, and it's obvious. That's because they put their effort into getting talented athletes and wrestlers and making them compete in as many ways as possible.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-06-2007 10:50:40 PM
quote:
Verily, Vallo doth proclaim:
That's because they put their effort into getting talented athletes and wrestlers and making them compete in as many ways as possible.

why do you watch professional wrestling

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-07-2007 03:34:23 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. Gainsborough wrote:
why do you watch professional wrestling

Because it is real man. It really is! Seriously! It is! I mean, wow. Those guys doing all that super xxxxxxxtreme shit, that's because they're good athletes.

I'm amazed someone is trying to be elitist about watching wrestling then just talks about TNA. At least claim you're finding a way to watch ROH or some shit.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 12-07-2007 at 03:35 AM.

Maradon!
posted 12-07-2007 03:49:19 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Falaanla Marr booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Because it is real man. It really is! Seriously! It is! I mean, wow. Those guys doing all that super xxxxxxxtreme shit, that's because they're good athletes.

Stage wrestling actually does require a good bit of athleticism.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-07-2007 03:52:15 AM
quote:
Maradon! stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Stage wrestling actually does require a good bit of athleticism.

Oh, I'm quite sure that it does. Not denying that. But it isn't like you need some high-class athlete to pull it off either.

Maradon!
posted 12-07-2007 04:26:39 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Falaanla Marr who doth quote:
Oh, I'm quite sure that it does. Not denying that. But it isn't like you need some high-class athlete to pull it off either.

I guess that depends on what you consider high-class athleticism.

Very dedicated body building is required, naturally, but there's a lot more than that, too. Heavyweights are expected to display nigh superhuman feats of strength on a regular basis. When the undertaker chokeslammed Yokozuna or, worse yet, andre the giant, he was actually lifting them. Not very high, and not for very long, but we're talking better than fucking five hundred pounds here, mostly with one hand, with the only assist being the chokee pulling their legs up a little so it looks like they're higher than they are.

And then there's the lighter weight classes. Guys like Rey Mysterio fly around the ring like an olympic acrobat cross bred with a ninja on speed. It's a miracle that they manage not to hurt anybody!

In terms of dedicated training and skill, these guys aren't quite on par with olympic athletes, no... but they aren't all that far behind them either.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 12-07-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-07-2007 07:46:22 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:
When the undertaker chokeslammed Yokozuna or, worse yet, andre the giant, he was actually lifting them. Not very high, and not for very long, but we're talking better than fucking five hundred pounds here, mostly with one hand, with the only assist being the chokee pulling their legs up a little so it looks like they're higher than they are.

Psst... the other guy jumps.

But yeah, your average wrestler is pretty much among the most well conditioned athletes in the world.

Yeah, there's always exceptions to the rule. Andre the Giant, Yokozuna, Viscera, Big Show, Great Khali, Undertaker(and even he is a great athlete. Nobody his size should be able to move like he moves) all got into wrestling basically because they were freakishly large human beings. But your average wrestler can do things only Stalwart Steve can do.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-07-2007 08:11:41 AM
I have never once seen Yokozuna wrestle... Did he only perform for a year or something? 'Cause I've watched it on and off for most of my life, and he's really the only big name dude that I can't remember seeing even though I heard a lot about him.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-07-2007 09:46:11 AM
Not doubting they aren't fit, but if you're watching a show for feats of athleticism, there's FAR better things to be watching than wrestling.

Like any other sporting even that doesn't have a ball.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-07-2007 10:15:44 AM
I like watching wrestlers blow spots. That's why the Botchamania videos win my internet every day. Also, Bobby Heenan making fun of the Hart family is truly epic wrestling lulz.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 12-07-2007 04:08:58 PM
quote:
Karnaj thought about the meaning of life:
I like watching wrestlers blow spots. That's why the Botchamania videos win my internet every day. Also, Bobby Heenan making fun of the Hart family is truly epic wrestling lulz.

Bobby Heenan is an American Hero.

Wrestlemania IX. Bret Hart vs Yokozuna.

Yokozuna has the upper hand and the fans are wildly chanting, "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" in an effort to rally Bret Hart to victory.

"Bret Hart is from Canada and Yokozuna is from Japan. Why the hell are they chanting U.S.A.?" God Bless Bobby Heenan.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-07-2007 04:17:20 PM
quote:
Cool Hand Luke still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
Bobby Heenan is an American Hero.

Wrestlemania IX. Bret Hart vs Yokozuna.

Yokozuna has the upper hand and the fans are wildly chanting, "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" in an effort to rally Bret Hart to victory.

"Bret Hart is from Canada and Yokozuna is from Japan. Why the hell are they chanting U.S.A.?" God Bless Bobby Heenan.

You'll appreciate this. Bobby Heenan is fucking on fire.

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: