EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: bioshocked
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-04-2007 04:05:08 PM
This is why I bought the game on PC.

quote:
Bioshock

Added compatibility with Matrox TripleHead2Go – Allows Bioshock users to play in Surround Gaming Mode across 3 screens simultaneously

Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2

Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty

Added support for a walk toggle keybinding

Added Horizontal FOV Lock option

Atlas VO volume increased for German releases

Re-added the Human Inferno tonic which was missing from the retail release

Fixed mouse acceleration issues that occurred on some mouse hardware

Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly on occasion

Fix for a potential situation in Fort Frolic where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar

Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio

Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista

Improved issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death

Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware

The "Use Creative EAX Audio" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present

Fixed audio issues that happened when the user chooses a Speaker Setting in Windows that is not supported by their sound card

Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound

Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind. This makes it easier for left-handed users and users with foreign keyboards to create a comfortable keyboard setup

Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context

Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs

Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a character that is feigning death

Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode

Emphasis mine.

Looks like it might be worth another playthrough with this patch.

Steven Steve
posted 12-04-2007 04:15:51 PM
Did they fix the part where it doesn't work on my computer for no good reason?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-04-2007 04:23:25 PM
all that stuff is coming in DLC
Tier
posted 12-04-2007 04:45:30 PM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-04-2007 04:48:50 PM
Ooh, neat. Turning off the Vita Chambers will be nice.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alaan
posted 12-04-2007 05:04:48 PM
This is why I bought the game on the 360.
quote:
Bioshock

Added compatibility with Matrox TripleHead2Go – Allows Bioshock users to play in Surround Gaming Mode across 3 screens simultaneously

Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2

Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty

Added support for a walk toggle keybinding

Added Horizontal FOV Lock option

Atlas VO volume increased for German releases

Re-added the Human Inferno tonic which was missing from the retail release

Fixed mouse acceleration issues that occurred on some mouse hardware

Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly on occasion

Fix for a potential situation in Fort Frolic where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar

Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio

Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista

Improved issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death

Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware

The "Use Creative EAX Audio" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present

Fixed audio issues that happened when the user chooses a Speaker Setting in Windows that is not supported by their sound card

Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound

Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind. This makes it easier for left-handed users and users with foreign keyboards to create a comfortable keyboard setup

Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context

Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs

Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a character that is feigning death

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-04-2007 05:05:40 PM
quote:
I want some of what Asha'man was smoking when they wrote this:
PC ftl.

Have to be a gold subscriber to download that whereas PC users get it for free regardless.

Not that anyone who seriously plays 360 doesn't have a gold account, but still.

Tier
posted 12-04-2007 05:34:54 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis attempted to be funny by writing:
Have to be a gold subscriber to download that whereas PC users get it for free regardless.

Not that anyone who seriously plays 360 doesn't have a gold account, but still.

Silly rabbit, Gold is for kids.

Skaw
posted 12-04-2007 05:41:12 PM
Not to mention, who already doesn't have a Gold XBL subcription? It's not like you're paying the $50 strictly for the download for Bioshock.

Delphi's a moronic fag.

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-04-2007 05:49:05 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about (_|_):
Not to mention, who already doesn't have a Gold XBL subcription? It's not like you're paying the $50 strictly for the download for Bioshock.

Delphi's a moronic fag.

I actually mentioned that in my post, but way to read only what you want.

I wasn't aware of the week wait, however. Still, it's an extra week to get it for free on a console.

Skaw
posted 12-04-2007 06:25:57 PM
It doesn't matter whatever you said afterwards. The moment you went all LOL U NEED GOLD TO UPDATE, you sealed your fate as a mornic fag.
Delphi Aegis
posted 12-04-2007 06:36:54 PM
quote:
Skaw thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
It doesn't matter whatever you said afterwards. The moment you went all LOL U NEED GOLD TO UPDATE, you sealed your fate as a mornic fag.

I'm not the one who paid ten dollars more for a FPS game on a console.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-04-2007 06:39:02 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Skaw stammered:

Stop trying to make yourself look better by ragging on less-liked users.

I wasn't aware that it was a week exclusive to gold, either, and I do this shit for a living.

All he said was that you need gold to update, and that it was free on the PC. Which is correct at this point in time.

In other words, shut the hell up.

quote:
A sleep deprived Delphi Aegis stammered:
I'm not the one who paid ten dollars more for a FPS game on a console.

Now you're being dumb too. I paid 48 bucks for Bioshock on release for the 360. As did a lot of people. And even if it is 10 bucks more, some people enjoy sitting back on a nice chair and playing the game on an HDTV with a controller. And before you throw the nerd-argument of "lol u can hook up your PC to a TV too", some people would rather leave their PC in one place.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 12-04-2007 at 06:41 PM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-04-2007 06:57:37 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Knight Rider:
Now you're being dumb too. I paid 48 bucks for Bioshock on release for the 360. As did a lot of people. And even if it is 10 bucks more, some people enjoy sitting back on a nice chair and playing the game on an HDTV with a controller. And before you throw the nerd-argument of "lol u can hook up your PC to a TV too", some people would rather leave their PC in one place.

Ah, true enough.

Plus, three TV screens is moderately easier to set up than three computer monitors, I would think.

My point about the FPS on a console was only about the control (Or feeling of the lack thereof) when playing a FPS using analog sticks over a mouse.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-04-2007 06:59:30 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Robocop:
Ah, true enough.

Plus, three TV screens is moderately easier to set up than three computer monitors, I would think.

My point about the FPS on a console was only about the control (Or feeling of the lack thereof) when playing a FPS using analog sticks over a mouse.

Bioshock plays damn well on a controller. If designed with a controller in mind from a start, games control well with one. Examples are Goldeneye and Halo.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-04-2007 07:01:17 PM
What do you need mouse level twitching for in a game with no multiplayer?
Greenlit
posted 12-04-2007 07:21:51 PM
Halo doesn't control well with anything.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2007 07:25:16 PM
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-04-2007 07:26:50 PM
hahaha what
Tier
posted 12-04-2007 07:48:06 PM
We're no strangers to love,
You know the rules and so do I
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-04-2007 08:33:41 PM
That's probably EC's first rickroll.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-04-2007 08:35:30 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Karnaj was all like:
That's probably EC's first rickroll.

This comic strip is pathetic. Every other time it's updated, it's "lol guys, I have a girlfriend" or creepy things putting girls on a pedestal type of manifestos. The author is a goon, through and through.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-04-2007 08:49:14 PM
quote:
And coming in at #1 is Mr. Parcelan with "Reply." I'm Casey Casem.
This comic strip is pathetic. Every other time it's updated, it's "lol guys, I have a girlfriend" or creepy things putting girls on a pedestal type of manifestos. The author is a goon, through and through.

Well, of course you would say that; the other times it's updated, the jokes sail right past you, because you're not a math/CS nerd.

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 12-04-2007 09:04:44 PM
I seriously want to punch that guy and anyone who enjoys his comic.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Alaan
posted 12-04-2007 09:34:04 PM
You either have the mindset to enjoy the comic or you don't. There is no middle ground.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-04-2007 09:38:01 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Well, of course you would say that; the other times it's updated, the jokes sail right past you, because you're not a math/CS nerd.

I've spent enough time on this board to recognize a creepy pseudo-feminist when I see one. Most of his jokes are the visual representation of a MY GIRLFRIEND post.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-04-2007 09:56:31 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I've spent enough time on this board to recognize a creepy pseudo-feminist when I see one. Most of his jokes are the visual representation of a MY GIRLFRIEND post.

Yeah my girlfriend takes me home when I'm too drunk to drive
And she doesn't get all jealous when I hang out with the guys
She laughs at my dumb jokes when no one does

Skaw
posted 12-04-2007 10:06:11 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Falaanla Marr:
Stop trying to make yourself look better by ragging on less-liked users.

I wasn't aware that it was a week exclusive to gold, either, and I do this shit for a living.

All he said was that you need gold to update, and that it was free on the PC. Which is correct at this point in time.

In other words, shut the hell up.

The point is if you have a 360 but no Gold account, why are you owning a 360?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2007 10:13:13 PM
quote:
Skaw said:

Because I have no friends.

Tier
posted 12-04-2007 10:16:52 PM
quote:
Skaw's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

Because I don't give two shits about non-local multiplayer.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 12-04-2007 10:43:25 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan posted

I'm not sure what you're counting as "most of"--clicking back through the last two weeks or so yielded one specifically about relationships (Far Away), one that could maybe be construed as a relationship joke if you squint really hard (Close To You), and the rest are all either nerd jokes or the running Mom/Daughter coder gag, with a cameo by sword-wielding RMS.

Even if he does write about the opposite sex a lot, most of it's arguably in pretty good taste. MY GIRLFRIEND posts are generally not.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-04-2007 11:02:57 PM
quote:
Alidane had this to say about dark elf butts:
I'm not sure what you're counting as "most of"--clicking back through the last two weeks or so yielded one specifically about relationships (Far Away), one that could maybe be construed as a relationship joke if you squint really hard (Close To You), and the rest are all either nerd jokes or the running Mom/Daughter coder gag, with a cameo by sword-wielding RMS.

Even if he does write about the opposite sex a lot, most of it's arguably in pretty good taste. MY GIRLFRIEND posts are generally not.

You're the guy that writes it.

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 12-05-2007 12:32:44 AM
quote:
Skaw's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

Um, so I can play new games on my HDTV?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: