EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: ARGH! Help!
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-21-2007 05:30:52 PM
Ok.... my computer started up something wonky and I am afraid I might have to just reinstall my OS with a clean wipe.

I was surfing the internet last night when all of a sudden, things froze up. I couldnt click on links or even open the start menu. I havent downloaded anything, I dont have an IMinstalled and all the sites I visit are pretty secure... namely, here, my bank site, and a couple navy sites. I tried rebooting normally and the same shit happens. I tried leaving it on overnight for my virus scan, which kicks in at 0100, and all it did was pop up the window but did not do the scan. When I ctrl-alt-delete to look at my processes and programs running, it pops up the window but does not let me tab over to anything and it says the CPU usage is about 10%.

I rebooted in safe mode and my mouse still does not work but for the mousewheel which is all sorts of laggy.. and I can use the keyboard, obviously. I can move the mouse pointer around easily but it just doesnt seem to register clicking.

I'm about to try to get my virus scan running in safe mode.. does anyone have any clue as to why my computer did this? And literally, I was checking my LES and it froze up like that.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-21-2007 06:28:50 PM
Ok... I feel dumb.

Everything works except my left mouse button. I seriously dont know how I missed that one.

And I'm an electrician for christsake.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-21-2007 07:16:56 PM
Goldmine
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-21-2007 07:55:05 PM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Optimus Prime:

And I'm an electrician for christsake.