EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Dear Evercrest
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-15-2007 08:25:54 PM
I have a friend who has that stupid virus that spreads itself by sending messages over your MSN with message like "Is this picture you?" or "This is my dream house!" and if you open the attachment, you get the virus.

I had her download Norton, update it, and then scan her hard drive but Norton didn't find it so she still has it.

How does one get rid of it?

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 11-15-2007 08:42:08 PM
Delid is trying to get action through tech support.

Help a guy get some compu-tang.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Alaan
posted 11-18-2007 05:39:33 PM
google anything you can about the virus. Find a specific fixer. Get laid(or ignored).
Demos
Pancake
posted 11-18-2007 05:43:25 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Robocop:
google anything you can about the virus. Find a specific fixer. Get ignored.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-18-2007 06:17:34 PM
Nuke the computer, and tell the stupid bitch (Who's using you, btw) to allow MSN to only allow people on her contact list to message her.
Ares
posted 11-18-2007 06:42:52 PM
My friend had the same virus. Her brother removed it, I don't know how.

It's a really annoying virus.. you get hundreds of the messages from the affected.

Burori
Pancake
posted 11-18-2007 06:50:46 PM
Hehe I know where this virus originated. It was quite humorous at work to be frank.
Neverwinter Nights Characters:

Race: Dwarf
Name: (Kill) Kilinus
Class: Fighter/Weapon Master/ Doom Knight
Level: 14
Allignent: Neutral Evil
Diety: Bane

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 11-18-2007 11:52:58 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis was naked while typing this:
Nuke the computer, and tell the stupid bitch (Who's using you, btw) to allow MSN to only allow people on her contact list to message her.

I've encountered that virus. It works by having someone click the link then the virus sends the message to everyone on that person's MSN contact list.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-19-2007 12:05:35 AM
quote:
Verily, Azymyth doth proclaim:
I've encountered that virus. It works by having someone click the link then the virus sends the message to everyone on that person's MSN contact list.

More taxes on stupid people like this should be implemented then.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-19-2007 09:38:39 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis was naked while typing this:
More taxes on stupid people like this should be implemented then.

Hurr. Yeah man, lets implement a stupid tax on people using computers. Because you know that the stupid people using computers shouldn't be using them, because our massive brain power is far superior to theirs.

While you or I may keep up on shit like this, others don't. Sometimes, others may think the message looks real, because it really can. Especially if you know this person. I know I've gotten pictures randomly sent to me from people before out of nowhere.

So get off your high nerdhorse.

nem-x
posted 11-19-2007 09:44:15 AM
delphi helped a chick fix her computer and is mad that he didnt get any

thats why he's bitter

Tier
posted 11-19-2007 01:03:15 PM
silly delphi, you're supposed to fix the cable

not the computer

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: