EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I should know by now...
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-12-2007 09:56:51 PM
But I dont, so I'll ask.

Are there any major issues with iPods? I am toying with the idea of getting one for when I am at the gym or running the track. From what I saw, the only reason to get a nano over the classic is the small size, but the classic seems to have everything else beat in terms of storage.

Any suggestions?

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 11-12-2007 09:59:46 PM
Only the price...

my iPod mini has been pretty good to me.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 11-12-2007 10:12:21 PM
My only gripes with the iPod are iTunes and the price. I hate that damn program and wish I could just fucking drag and drop like every other player. And it's a little more expensive than normal mp3 players. Keep an eye out on woot.com or w/e to try and get a bargain on one if you want it.
Talonus
Loner
posted 11-12-2007 10:14:56 PM
Price is the major sticking point. If you don't mind smaller size, Creative players are generally less costly. Take a look at Anything But iPod if you want some reviews of other players.
Greenlit
posted 11-12-2007 10:15:37 PM
I would instead recommend a Zune (which Woot has on sale right now, $85) if the software didn't suck ass.

Apple's software sucks ass too, but much less ass. And there are alternatives to iTunes for transferring, which is really what eases the burden.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 11-12-2007 11:23:05 PM
I have a Zune because I had three iPods and every single one broke within 5 days after the warranty was up.
Alaan
posted 11-13-2007 01:44:50 AM
Refurbished iPods are a great deal. You get a 1 year waranty and if you are the nervous type you can extend it to three years with Apple care and still be under retail.

Link

Their stock is always changing so just keep an eye out until what you want shows. I'm rocking out with a 60 gig video I got refurbed. Was just like new.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 11-13-2007 at 01:47 AM.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 11-13-2007 05:47:07 PM
I love my iPod (30 gig video) but it would never have existed to me if a crackhead didn't offer it up for $10 while I was at work.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Ares
posted 11-13-2007 07:00:05 PM
Price.

But, right now there's an AWESOME deal at the Apple Store online for refurb. 4gb nanos, second gen... like... $100 good.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: