EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 11-04-2007 08:34:19 PM
Did anyone else see this preview after the Simpsons Tree house Of Horrors? I hope this has the backing of James Cameron and has lots of action, and doesn't turn out to be some angst ridden teen drama.

Linkage

Lechium fucked around with this message on 11-04-2007 at 08:35 PM.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-04-2007 08:37:56 PM
As a rule, any title involving the word 'Chronicles' has a 90% chance to suck.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-04-2007 08:43:28 PM
quote:
Lechium said:
angst ridden teen drama

You didn't get the memo? Every show is.

It's the "in" thing.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 11-04-2007 08:45:13 PM
True. I really enjoyed Pitch Black, but the Chronicles of Riddick was not as cool as I thought it would be.

However, Terminator is one of my favorite movies and I would hate to nerd raging fanboism ruin the chance for this show to be good.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-04-2007 08:57:56 PM
Terminator stopped being good the moment someone thought Terminator 3 would be a good idea.
Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 11-04-2007 09:26:49 PM
Hopefully nothing will be before T1, as anything happening before the first movie would be retarded and break continuity.

[Edit - a little research into the topic to see what I'm talking about]

I agree with Mortious, pretty much. It's a dead horse now.

Razortooth Gnome fucked around with this message on 11-04-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Maradon!
posted 11-04-2007 09:41:38 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mortious booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Terminator stopped being good the moment someone thought Terminator 3 would be a good idea.

oh god tell me about it

Not only was it a lame ass movie, but they basically shit all over the moral of the first two movies.

Entire premise of Terminator 1 & 2: "No fate but what you make of it"

Premise of Terminator 3: "PREDESTINATION IS A BITCH"

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-04-2007 09:59:47 PM
I could tolerate the movie itself, even though the bad guy was "hay we've run out of ideas let's mash the bad guys from 1 and 2 together into one", the thing I hated the most was how they turned Skynet from an awesome all powerful supercomputer into some stupid computer virus. Since it shits all over the already established canon.

Smacked far too much of the Matrix to me.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 11-04-2007 10:09:09 PM
I enjoyed the action of the third one, but that's as much as I'm willing to give credit. Like Mort said, it just took all the cool things about SKYNET and threw it out the window.
Greenlit
posted 11-04-2007 11:44:40 PM
I didn't know anything about this series up until very recently, as I've almost entirely stopped watching television.

This isn't going to get me to abandon my practice of not watching TV.

The timeline of the series is interesting (post T2, pre-T3, Sarah and John's on-the-run years) but some of the concepts are just goddamned stupid. Comic relief FBI agent? River from Firefly/Serenity as a Terminator ally?

I doubt I'll even check out the pilot unless it gets great fucking reviews.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 11-04-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-05-2007 07:47:52 AM
Terminator is proof that not everything has to be a trilogy.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-07-2007 01:51:00 AM
I saw the pilot.

I'm not even like an uber Terminator fan, but it's pretty awful.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 11-09-2007 05:56:52 PM
I second that. So far this sucks really badly.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: