EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hellgate London
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 10-21-2007 11:15:04 AM
This is a pretty cool looking game, I know some here have been interested in it. Did anyone happen to get into the beta, and if so are they able to announce it without breaking an NDA?

http://www.hellgatelondon.com

Annarchae fucked around with this message on 10-21-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-21-2007 11:16:54 AM
I'm not in the beta.

i'm in the beta

It turns off Windows Aero for me because my computer sucks balls and Vista licks em.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 10-21-2007 11:19:19 AM
Four gig download.

I like turtles!

Annarchae fucked around with this message on 10-21-2007 at 11:25 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-21-2007 11:24:08 AM
The game's great but it needs a lot of polish. I'll probably play it, but I dunno how much. If I got like 3gb more RAM it would probably run like a champ but right now I have to have it set to retardedly low settings, so I'm not too inclined to play more.

If you wanna read shit about it, the goons have been bashing it left and right since the Beta came out (and probably the Alpha, too).

Alaan
posted 10-21-2007 12:45:46 PM
It's fun, but has random performance issues, apparently a newly introduced memory leak from hell, and pretty badly balanced(Ranged >>> Melee). It is however fun. I'll probably give it some time before buying.
Steven Steve
posted 10-21-2007 12:56:36 PM
It looks like some kind of art school game

(i.e. derivative crap with terrible animations and no discernible story)

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Alaan
posted 10-21-2007 01:37:55 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
It looks like some kind of art school game

(i.e. derivative crap with terrible animations and no discernible story)

It does however have one of the funniest quest lines I've played in a long time. Techsmith 314 is a hero for mankind.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-21-2007 01:48:21 PM
I'm not sure I like the jerky arcade-like animations.

Although the animations in the new Conan game are even worse. Good old Conan moves like a brick being dragged through oatmeal.

Steven Steve
posted 10-21-2007 01:50:35 PM
Yes, all these games have shitty art student models
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Maradon!
posted 10-21-2007 02:05:56 PM
Oblivion had shitty art student models and incredibly bad animation, but it still managed to be really fun.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-21-2007 02:07:53 PM
Oblivion is also now an old, outdated, game.
Demos
Pancake
posted 10-21-2007 03:14:21 PM
How are the in game ads? Pervasive, or do they blend in?
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Steven Steve
posted 10-21-2007 03:32:48 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Maradon! was all like:
Oblivion had shitty art student models and incredibly bad animation, but it still managed to be really fun.

Well if this game is as "fun" as Oblivion then I don't want anything to do with it

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-21-2007 03:41:31 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Demos scored a straight 1 with:
How are the in game ads? Pervasive, or do they blend in?

I honestly haven't seen any if there's any there. I've seen a few posters and billboards on walls and such, but I didn't think any of them were actual ads, and if so, they fit in well for being in a devastated street, etc, and they were pretty beat up as well.

Over all, I'm really enjoying the game. The chat panel is kinda shitty but I've been spoiled by things like WoW and such that I like a better layout for a chat panel. It's like the chat hasn't changed since Diablo 2.

There's been plenty of crash issues, but I'm sure they'll be ironed out. In general, the client in beta is two to four weeks behind the current dev build.

nem-x
posted 10-21-2007 04:15:34 PM
this game looks like crap and is crap
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-21-2007 05:27:53 PM
This game proves that there's more to Blizzard than their big name producers
Steven Steve
posted 10-21-2007 05:47:47 PM
Like their name

nem-x
posted 10-21-2007 05:58:42 PM
hay guys buy the software and also pay a monthly fee to play a horrible game
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-21-2007 06:01:40 PM
Blizzard is a pretty cool name.

(Beat Mightion to it)

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Maradon!
posted 10-21-2007 06:43:33 PM
quote:
nem-xing:
hay guys buy the software and also pay a monthly fee to play a horrible game

This is such a new and unprecedented concept isn't it?

What developer has ever before dared charge us monthly for a product that we also buy off the shelf.

The unmitigated gall.

nem-x
posted 10-21-2007 06:55:34 PM
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 10-22-2007 05:38:01 PM
I think its a fun game, and think Techsmith 314 should win an award. I also like the one vendor, Oruo i think it is, that says, "you just bought quality crap. It shots sideways!"
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-22-2007 06:10:33 PM
From wat I have seen so far, I have to agree with Nem.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: