EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Police encounters
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-25-2007 11:10:25 PM
I had a rental property that I am remodeling get broken into today.
I didn't do any work while I was waiting for the Police to arrive. ( non-emergency took them 3 hours)

Then I had to wait for the CSI people to show up to get prints and what not. (there was alot of prints on the tiles since they had to crawl in this window)
And it took them and additional 5 hours to show up. (non-emergency)

The guy shows up, gives me this cocky "I know more about construction then you do" cause he saw some episode of "flip this house" or something then takes 2 prints.

He talks to me for like 30 minutes on how he never catches anyone on burglary cases and then tells me sorry he couldn't help and leaves.

My appreciation for police has gone down today. I have that bad taste in my mouth like I just wasted 9 hours of my day without pay for nothing.

Anyone ever have a similiar day.

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Greenlit
posted 08-25-2007 11:18:32 PM
You're pretty retarded for expecting anything other than a police report to file with your insurance company.

It's a fucking breaking and entering. Nobody was murdered, I doubt anything of any real value was taken. I'd be surprised the cops showed up at all.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-25-2007 11:29:29 PM
I lost almost a thousand dollars today.

If i had not reported it, and it happens again (which it does once they do it) then there is no paper trail.

I know they are not going to do anything, but I have learned that doing nothing is not always a good thing.(Hence my VA claim..which is another story) I also didn't expect the result I got.

Don't you do photography? If someone broke into your shop, whatever, would you just go "Oh well, no one got killed" and just chalk it up to being a victim.

Plus how do you put a Value on money and equipment? I know to me it hinders my working ability if my tools are stolen.

Greenlit
posted 08-25-2007 11:40:05 PM
So what exactly did you want to happen? It sounds like you're all hurt that you called in the cavalry and they did everything within their power (which is very limited) to help you out.

It's between you and your insurance company, not you and the cops.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-25-2007 11:54:51 PM
If I am, is that so bad?

Isn't that what police are for. I know it is all fairytale and all that they are going to catch these people, but I just don't want to believe that the police departments are going to laugh and call my case a waste of time unless I had a dead body in my jobsite.

Even though I know you are true in what you say, I just don't want to believe it. Then that would mean that I am right about criminals haveing more advantage then lawful poeple.

I just lost alot of hope today..

Nothing more needs to be said.. I know it is stupid. I just didn't think I was the only one thinking that way.

Maradon!
posted 08-26-2007 12:05:16 AM
Imagine that you're a cop. Not necessarily an asshole cop, but who you are now except a cop.

You'd like to work your way up to dick but for now you're just a regular uniformed beat jockey.

You go out on your first ever non-emergency breaking and entering call. You do whatever it is you'd do, which probably involves everything that you - the contractor version I mean - were expecting from this particular cop.

Now imagine that cop you takes about a thousand more of these calls over the course of however many months. Mix in thousands more calls, some totally frivolous, some interesting, but most of them legit and totally boring. Now imagine that Cop You gets the very same call that Contractor You just made. After thousands of identical calls, how exactly would you behave?

Odds are good you'd be disinterested. If you really cared you'd probably let the guy know what usually happens on these kinds of calls.

I really don't know if an inability to drum up enthusiasm over something they've done a billion times makes them bad cops.

However, neither is your disappointment really unreasonable. Sure the cops make a billion of those calls... but you only made one. In your world, this is the most important robbery report call ever made, and rightfully so. Just like every customer service situation, there is some onus on the part of the cop to make you feel better about what happened, but at the same time you also need to realize the cop's situation.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 08-26-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Greenlit
posted 08-26-2007 12:08:03 AM
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-26-2007 05:15:19 AM
Fingerprints are useless without someone to match it to. Fingerprint analysis is quite expensive, and most agencies don't even bother on property (i.e. nonviolent) crimes. Not out of lack of caring, but because it's not feasible and there generally isn't anything to go off of.

We do not live in the magical world of CSI where all police departments consist of 7 crime lab techs and 3 uniformed officers to guard the halls, who solve every crime within 1 hour.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-26-2007 12:12:44 PM
Now, if the burglars had sprayed semen on everything, good chance they would have caught 'em
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-26-2007 12:49:14 PM
DId they just steal tools or were they attempting to steal copper piping?

From an insurance stand point, I hope you've read your policy on the property really well.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 03:48:12 PM
Someone has seen Superbad.

I am not getting insurance involved.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 03:57:04 PM
LOL.. I just noticed my title.

I do have a company truck btw. Still better then pancake.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-26-2007 07:18:52 PM
You probably did something to deserve it.
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 08-26-2007 09:07:10 PM
At least they took fingerprints in your case.
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 10:46:12 PM
quote:
From the book of Mr. Parcelan, chapter 3, verse 16:

Nice attitude. Bet you say that to rape victims also.

I hope something happens in your life that creeps its way here so I can be as much of a jerk to you are you are to me...

Maradon!
posted 08-26-2007 11:08:15 PM
Being a jerk is sorta parcelan's "thing"
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 11:12:00 PM
Yeah I know. I just like responding, so it makes him feel better.
Greenlit
posted 08-26-2007 11:26:33 PM
quote:
Kermitov had this to say about Tron:
At least they took fingerprints in your case.

quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Now that I think about it the only reason the cops did anything at all was to make sure you didn't do it in the interests of committing insurance fraud.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 11:41:49 PM
Funny, because the only reason I reported it was so the owner would not think it was me.
Maradon!
posted 08-26-2007 11:44:19 PM
It sounds like every need that you had was satisfied by this police officer then!
Greenlit
posted 08-26-2007 11:45:24 PM
So you are just bitching to be a bitch. Alrighty then!
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 11:45:56 PM
What's the deal with all the insurance talk.

Most be a big thing in your part of the woods. (claims not having it)

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 11:47:48 PM
Man Green you much be bored to keep instagating.

When you do it whats your reason.

(not even sure I spelled that right)

OrangeBrand fucked around with this message on 08-26-2007 at 11:48 PM.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 11:55:53 PM
I wanted the police to print because like I said, most of the time it is someone you know or lives in the area.

There was a man working there that got fired and I am sure it was him since he came looking around right after the police left.

I also didn't want it to come back to me, so I covered my ass by calling the police.

Summer Donna Greenlit, I don't know why you and Parce always target me when I post.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-26-2007 11:55:54 PM
-Double post-

OrangeBrand fucked around with this message on 08-26-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Greenlit
posted 08-27-2007 12:03:36 AM
I could instagate some more if you want but all that teleportation really takes it out of me. Though once I go SSJ2 it'll stop draining my power all the time and make the transformation much more natural.

brb pushups

Greenlit
posted 08-27-2007 12:08:23 AM

HHHHHNNNNNnnggghh

HNNNNNNNNNNNNggghhhh

Greenlit
posted 08-27-2007 12:11:21 AM
HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

ALL RIGHT
LET'S GO
nem-x
posted 08-27-2007 12:39:26 AM

nem-x fucked around with this message on 08-27-2007 at 12:41 AM.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-27-2007 12:48:42 AM
Man, I wished I followed DBZ so that could of been funnier then it was already.

Going to bed, Will have to pick up this conversation tomorrow.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 08-27-2007 02:11:03 AM
quote:
Greenlit probably says this to all the girls:
[xIMG]http://www.makeitorky.com/goku-2.gif[/IMG]

HHHHHNNNNNnnggghh

HNNNNNNNNNNNNggghhhh

That's not sweat.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-27-2007 03:43:21 AM
A) If you were not a horrible human being, bad things would not happen to you.

B) I'm not sure you have it in you to be a jerk to me in any way that might give me pause.

C) Sean can't do a fucking pushup.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-27-2007 03:43:57 AM
You guys want to talk about Family Matters?
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-27-2007 04:50:18 AM
I thought that looked like Carl Winslowe... dammit, Parce.
Greenlit
posted 08-27-2007 10:53:26 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
C) Sean can't do a fucking pushup.

Is that a challenge SAMUEL

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-27-2007 11:53:19 AM
quote:
And coming in at #1 is Mr. Parcelan with "Reply." I'm Casey Casem.
You guys want to talk about Family Matters?

I shot a kid. He was thirteen. Oh, it was dark, he had a toy gun...looked real enough.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-27-2007 02:53:13 PM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Robocop:
Is that a challenge SAMUEL

Everyone is fascinated by my name.

Anyway, Family Matters was probably the best of the family sitcoms due to the fact that it was a "black" family sitcom that never explicitly called attention to the fact it was black. Black sitcoms tended to be grittier than white sitcoms, like Full House or Step-by-Step. I mean, what did those deal with? The excruciatingly mundane, such as sibling rivalry, to the downright silly, such as making out with a prince of some nation. For these reasons, the Cosby Show is little better.

Admittedly, Family Matters had mundane and ridiculous moments, too, such as Steve Urkel using a cloning machine or some other crap. But they also dealt with some serious issues, not all of which were exclusively black: peer pressure on males in regards to virginity and abstinence, gang violence, gun control, police brutality, racism (obv.), extremism, religion, father-replacement, and so on.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had a lot of these issues, including dealing with the concept of fathers abandoning children, but it always called attention to the fact that it was a black sitcom. Rarely did Family Matters press that fact; they simply happened to be a family that was black, rather than a black family.

Let's not even get into Saved by the Bell.

Greenlit
posted 08-27-2007 02:55:38 PM
Samuel is just a pretty rockin' name all things considered.

But you have offended my honor, I challenge you to a push-up duel

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-27-2007 03:13:49 PM
I warn you, my biceps are made out of smaller men.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-27-2007 06:46:29 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this stupid crap:
Everyone is fascinated by my name.

Anyway, Family Matters was probably the best of the family sitcoms due to the fact that it was a "black" family sitcom that never explicitly called attention to the fact it was black. Black sitcoms tended to be grittier than white sitcoms, like Full House or Step-by-Step. I mean, what did those deal with? The excruciatingly mundane, such as sibling rivalry, to the downright silly, such as making out with a prince of some nation. For these reasons, the Cosby Show is little better.

Admittedly, Family Matters had mundane and ridiculous moments, too, such as Steve Urkel using a cloning machine or some other crap. But they also dealt with some serious issues, not all of which were exclusively black: peer pressure on males in regards to virginity and abstinence, gang violence, gun control, police brutality, racism (obv.), extremism, religion, father-replacement, and so on.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had a lot of these issues, including dealing with the concept of fathers abandoning children, but it always called attention to the fact that it was a black sitcom. Rarely did Family Matters press that fact; they simply happened to be a family that was black, rather than a black family.

Let's not even get into Saved by the Bell.

They got rid of Judy. Any idea why?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: