EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: EVE Online; "Ambulations"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-21-2007 10:39:19 PM
Silly expansion name. But awesome features.

All in the new upcoming game engine, no pre-renders, no automated movies.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 08-22-2007 12:01:04 AM
While people are small compared to the ships, they seem out of scale. He looks like his foot could block one of the "windows" on the ship.

Or perhaps those lights were never meant to portray windows?

Feed my hungry soul.
Maradon!
posted 08-22-2007 12:17:47 AM
quote:
Ragabashing:
While people are small compared to the ships, they seem out of scale. He looks like his foot could block one of the "windows" on the ship.

Or perhaps those lights were never meant to portray windows?

No, they weren't. Ships in EVE don't have windows because they only have one crew member, and that crew member doesn't use his eyes.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 08-22-2007 12:23:38 AM
While I knew the ship was controlled by one person I had always thought there others on board as well. Servicers and what not. But since I only played Eve for 3 or 4 months I admit I didn't get that involved in it.

Then whats the point of those lights?

Feed my hungry soul.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-22-2007 01:42:20 AM
quote:
Maradon! was listening to Cher while typing:
No, they weren't. Ships in EVE don't have windows because they only have one crew member, and that crew member doesn't use his eyes.

That isn't true. All ships have a crew.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Demos
Pancake
posted 08-22-2007 02:38:40 AM
quote:
Tarquinn probably says this to all the girls:
That isn't true. All ships have a crew.

Especially capital ships. I believe the carrier's fighter drones are supposed to have an actual pilot in them, for one.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-22-2007 03:05:51 AM
haha I'm a fuck-up

nevermind.

Vorbis fucked around with this message on 08-22-2007 at 03:07 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-22-2007 07:30:53 AM
Yes, all ships except frigate-class vessels have crew. All the capsule/pod system does is drastically speed up command-to-execution time by cutting out most of the traditional commanding. A crew is still needed to operate and maintain systems though.

Battleships used to have crews numbering 15k-20k and up, now they only need around 7k.

As for the scale.. I don't know what you guys are smoking but that ship is very far away from the characters, the scale looks fine to me. Check out the size of the pad they walk down when it zooms out from the ship, it's tiny.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-22-2007 08:34:58 AM
Also, Whitewolf (World of Darkness) is merging with CCP (EVE Developers).

CCP is helping them to create a World of Darkness MMO, whereas Whitewolf is assisting CCP with what they do best ie creating EVE lore/art/boardgame/p&p RP game/card game to make it reach a wider audience.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 08-22-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-22-2007 08:55:47 AM
quote:
Mortious Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Also, Whitewolf (World of Darkness) is merging with CCP (EVE Developers).

CCP is helping them to create a World of Darkness MMO, whereas Whitewolf is assisting CCP with what they do best ie creating EVE lore/art/boardgame/p&p RP game/card game to make it reach a wider audience.

Interesting news. I really like most of WWs work. (OMG goth!)

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 08-22-2007 12:24:28 PM
Now if they decide to start crosslinking the lore of the two merged companies, we get....

Werewolves in space.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-22-2007 12:49:56 PM
quote:
Tarquinn said:
Interesting news. I really like most of WWs work. (OMG goth!)

Well the EVE world is very cyberpunk-y, so the pen and paper RPG is going to be like that. More ground-based stuff. Like you're a team of marines securing an asteroid base for one example.

Edit: Other examples I can think of:

• A band of Minmatar smugglers ala Firefly.
  • Caldari patrol ship.
  • Amarr battleship crew or pilot.

Heck, anything.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 08-22-2007 at 12:52 PM.

• very important poster
    a sweet title
    posted 08-23-2007 07:41:54 AM
    that is some gay rp shit i hope i can kill people in stations or some shit
    hey
    very important poster
    a sweet title
    posted 08-23-2007 07:42:32 AM
    quote:
    MC Jensizzle has a secret obsession with Richard Simmons, as evidenced by...
    that is some gay rp shit i hope i can kill people in stations or some shit

talk about a Shit Post LOL..

hey
    Kaglaaz How'ler
    Pancake
    posted 08-23-2007 09:44:01 PM
    I'm looking forward to the updates, I blame Mortious for getting me hooked on this game after posting his movie a couple weeks back.

You'll find Kaglaaz the Amarrian tooling about space doing the bidding of the Amarr Navy trying to get to level 2 missions. I've joined a small, player run, corporation for now to see what it's like.

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 08-23-2007 at 09:46 PM.

http://www.bloodfin.net
    Mortious
    Gluttonous Overlard
    posted 08-23-2007 10:02:17 PM
    quote:
    Kaglaaz How'ler said:
    You'll find Kaglaaz the Amarrian tooling about space doing the bidding of the Amarr Navy trying to get to level 2 missions.

Amarr Navy is only good until you get to level 4 missions, all their good level 4's are in low-sec space and are dangerous to access.

Theology Council and Imperial Shipping both have high quality agents in safe high-sec space, I would suggest you run missions for either of those instead. I run missions for Imperial Shipping which is a trader-type NPC corp. Theology Council is a combat-type NPC corp but their high-sec agents are slightly lower quality than Imperial Shipping. The only difference between the two are the LP Store contents.

What's your corp like? If they're Amarrian mission runners I'll come join too. I've been freelance for almost a year and I'm a lonely God-fearing galaxy-conquering slaver, I need some company.

Kaglaaz How'ler
    Pancake
    posted 08-24-2007 01:27:26 PM
    quote:
    Mortious Model 2000 was programmed to say:
    Amarr Navy is only good until you get to level 4 missions, all their good level 4's are in low-sec space and are dangerous to access.

Theology Council and Imperial Shipping both have high quality agents in safe high-sec space, I would suggest you run missions for either of those instead. I run missions for Imperial Shipping which is a trader-type NPC corp. Theology Council is a combat-type NPC corp but their high-sec agents are slightly lower quality than Imperial Shipping. The only difference between the two are the LP Store contents.

What's your corp like? If they're Amarrian mission runners I'll come join too. I've been freelance for almost a year and I'm a lonely God-fearing galaxy-conquering slaver, I need some company.

Unity of Honor is the Corp Name. It's still somewhat new but they already have alliances with at least one larger corp. We're going to be the "stepping stone" to get to that PVP Corp. We help supply with ore and such and they in turn teach us to PVP effectively. We have good faction standings with Amarr but don't seem to be exclusive to it I see some good Caldari standings too. Speak to Sabre if you need more info, he's on Central (GMT -6 hours) Time. We have UK guys in the corp too.

Mortious
    Gluttonous Overlard
    posted 08-24-2007 01:32:17 PM
    Ok, I'll look them up.

What region do you guys usually hang around in? I was in Tash-Murkon until recently, then I moved up to Domain to nestle into a quiet little corner of the galaxy. The place only has one jumpgate out and superb agents so I live here more or less permanently.

Naimah
    In a Fire
    posted 08-24-2007 01:32:29 PM
    lawl empire
    Mortious
    Gluttonous Overlard
    posted 08-24-2007 02:16:53 PM
    Forgive me for my playstyle not fitting your own, Namiah. I will lay down in the next room so you may chain me and whip me for punishment. We must all follow your shining example for truly.. that is the only way to play.

.. ffs, and people wonder why I don't like 0.0 space. Bunch of trash-talking retards.

Arttemis
    Not Squire... but a guitar!
    posted 08-24-2007 02:19:32 PM
    Not really sure what added value being able to walk around the stations will bring. I know people have clamored for it forever but I can't see any utility to it, other than checking out what awesome ships people have.
    Kaglaaz How'ler
    Pancake
    posted 08-24-2007 03:24:55 PM
    quote:
    Mortious obviously shouldn't have said:
    Ok, I'll look them up.

What region do you guys usually hang around in? I was in Tash-Murkon until recently, then I moved up to Domain to nestle into a quiet little corner of the galaxy. The place only has one jumpgate out and superb agents so I live here more or less permanently.

Heheh. I happen to be in Domain myself. Youl base has 2 Amarr Navy agents I'm using. The corp office is Bahromab IX - Republic Security Services Assembly Plant, you can apply there.

Maradon!
    posted 08-24-2007 06:04:39 PM
    Higher end empire mission grinding can sometimes be better cash than 0.0 mining
    Naimah
    In a Fire
    posted 08-24-2007 06:17:42 PM
    quote:
    Mortious had this to say about Cuba:
    Forgive me for my playstyle not fitting your own, Namiah. I will lay down in the next room so you may chain me and whip me for punishment. We must all follow your shining example for truly.. that is the only way to play.

.. ffs, and people wonder why I don't like 0.0 space. Bunch of trash-talking retards.

I like how two words become trash talking. Defensive much?

Mortious
    Gluttonous Overlard
    posted 08-24-2007 06:44:50 PM
    quote:
    Naimah said:
    I like how two words become trash talking. Defensive much?

That part wasn't really aimed at you.

I'm just sick of 0.0 dwellers who take the "lawl empire fags" stance, even though Empire is half the damn game and it's us who supply the recruits (and most of the trade) for 0.0, without us 0.0 would be crap.

You just caused my knee-jerk reaction is all, nothing personal.

very important poster
    a sweet title
    posted 08-26-2007 07:10:07 AM
    quote:
    Mortious has a secret obsession with Richard Simmons, as evidenced by...
    That part wasn't really aimed at you.

I'm just sick of 0.0 dwellers who take the "lawl empire fags" stance, even though Empire is half the damn game and it's us who supply the recruits (and most of the trade) for 0.0, without us 0.0 would be crap.

You just caused my knee-jerk reaction is all, nothing personal.

eve is like pre-civil war America and you're just bitter you're a field grandma

if you're not playing to grief other people into quitting, you are a wow fag

hey
    Mortious
    Gluttonous Overlard
    posted 08-26-2007 07:58:36 AM
    I rest my case.
    very important poster
    a sweet title
    posted 08-27-2007 09:53:06 AM
    ~talk about OWNED~ xD
    hey
    All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: