EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: xkcd - a hardcore nerd webcomic
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-15-2007 03:40:29 PM
Some awesome jokes here.

A few less nerdy examples:

this

that

and this

...and a few more nerdy examples:

this

that

and this

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 08-15-2007 at 03:41 PM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-15-2007 03:44:42 PM
Oh, also, this isn't funny, but rather totally awesome.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 08-15-2007 03:52:18 PM
I'm surprised you haven't encountered it before, it's a great webcomic. Almost as good as Irregular Webcomic.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-15-2007 04:00:16 PM
What can I say? My scope of the interweb is sadly pretty narrow.

Also, my absolute favorite. The second panel had me tittering like a freak for a good five minutes.

Beer.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-15-2007 04:51:33 PM
I the one about giving a waiter an amount of money and telling them you want that much in food. So awesome. Map of the internet? Fantastic. Penny Arcade needs to link to him, spread it to the unwashed masses.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Greenlit
posted 08-15-2007 10:36:52 PM
quote:
Verily, Elvish Crack Piper doth proclaim:
I the one about giving a waiter an amount of money and telling them you want that much in food. So awesome. Map of the internet? Fantastic. Penny Arcade needs to link to him, spread it to the unwashed masses.

this is the best fakepost ever

i hope

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-16-2007 03:35:40 AM
quote:
Karnaj posted

What can I say? My scope of the interweb is sadly pretty narrow.

Also, my absolute favorite. The second panel had me tittering like a freak for a good five minutes.

People look at me strangely when I drop the "my god, it's full of car's" line, but fuck 'em.

xkcd is awesome. My old roommate had the Science, It works, Bitches shirt and it was ridiculously popular.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 08-16-2007 09:24:58 AM
Some of his comics are sweet Like this one
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-16-2007 09:30:21 AM
quote:
Ninety-nine bottles of Timpofee on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of Timpofee...
Some of his comics are sweet Like this one
I like this one better.

So true...
Though I'm not as sure about this one.

`Doc fucked around with this message on 08-16-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-16-2007 10:03:04 AM
quote:
Greenlit thought about the meaning of life:
this is the best fakepost ever

i hope

I can't say I like something now?

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-16-2007 10:05:00 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper really knows where their towel is...
I can't say I like something now?
quote:
When they turned on the Infinite Improbability Drive, Elvish Crack Piper stammered,
Penny Arcade needs to link to him, spread it to the unwashed masses.
I think this is the problem, though I could be wrong.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 08-16-2007 02:37:38 PM
Its not like Xkcd has any sort of advertisement? I only know about it because a computer tech on my ship told me about it.

Plenty of people who read PA would get it, a huge amount wouldn't and he would never see then again, but he would get a substantial boost in readers.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 08-16-2007 03:27:36 PM
One of my favorites
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-16-2007 03:31:36 PM
This one is my favorite non-nerdy one.
Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 08-16-2007 07:54:41 PM
If you don't read the alt image text, do. Often times it's funnier than the comics themselves.

Such as the text here.
http://xkcd.com/301/

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking. (Hint: this is impossible)"

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-18-2007 01:46:11 PM
This one is the best.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Maradon!
posted 08-18-2007 02:32:10 PM
I am so buying this tee shirt
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-18-2007 04:40:06 PM
This comic is horrible.
Alaan
posted 08-18-2007 09:23:00 PM
I think the hard core nerd comics descriptor is pretty apt. If you really are a science/math/computer faggot, you'll enjoy them. If you just understand them, it isn't nearly as good.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: