EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What builds a nest in a tree over two feet in diameter?
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-06-2007 10:31:33 AM
So we noticed a bird's nest in the tree in our back yard, right at the very top, can only really see it from directly below. Issue being this thing is at LEAST two feet across... this is one huge friggin nest

Any thoughts on what the hell we can expect to be living in that thing? I have no interest in climbing the tree to have an eagle or some shit go for my eyes <_<

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 08-06-2007 10:40:29 AM
Owl?
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 08-06-2007 10:48:05 AM
Eagles build nests about that size.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-06-2007 10:59:27 AM
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-06-2007 11:08:57 AM
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-06-2007 11:57:10 AM
Is it a flat basket nest or a round enclosed nest?
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Ares
posted 08-06-2007 01:56:59 PM
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-06-2007 04:21:59 PM
squirrels
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 08-06-2007 04:26:43 PM
Sounds like you've got dragons. Not really big dragons, perhaps just small-to-middling sized dragons. But dragons nonetheless.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Vorago
posted 08-06-2007 07:47:30 PM
quote:
`Doc had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Is it a flat basket nest or a round enclosed nest?

Appears to be an open bowl, hard to tell since it is only visible from almost directly below it. Seems to be made pretty heavily out of full tree leaves too.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-06-2007 07:52:42 PM
Gryphons.
Malbi
posted 08-07-2007 01:35:49 AM
what region of the country to you live in and what kind of environment is it in based on less developed areas, tell me that and I can give you a good answer on likely species also need to know how long its been there.
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Tier
posted 08-07-2007 01:57:37 AM
It's a bear nest, obviously. Don't go outdoors, bears will eat you.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 08-07-2007 02:05:07 AM
Never mind getting eaten, what about when bears do what bears are famous for doing in the woods?

Be a bad day to be outside without an umbrella.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-07-2007 05:59:59 AM
You've got pterodactyls.
Vorago
posted 08-07-2007 01:14:53 PM
quote:
Malbi spewed forth this undeniable truth:
what region of the country to you live in and what kind of environment is it in based on less developed areas, tell me that and I can give you a good answer on likely species also need to know how long its been there.

South-eastern Canada, nest is in the tree in my backyard, about 25 feet above the ground. Middle of a sizable residential area, no farmland or whatnot around, just roads and homes.

Ares
posted 08-07-2007 03:58:12 PM
Could also be a vulture.... We seem to be having a lot of vultures here lately.
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 08-07-2007 05:19:40 PM
Try browsing through here a bit.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Malbi
posted 08-07-2007 11:25:39 PM
Right now im leaning toward Red-shouldered hawk as its the only Endemic Bird for your region that has nests like that.
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 08-08-2007 03:22:12 AM
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: