EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What server was Avatars on?
Gadani
U
posted 08-05-2007 09:50:58 PM
I forgot and it's bugging me.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-05-2007 09:53:15 PM
Tarquinas
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-05-2007 10:16:37 PM
Yes.
Gadani
U
posted 08-05-2007 10:41:20 PM
I miss good SWG
Demos
Pancake
posted 08-06-2007 02:42:21 AM
I'm still proud of us winning the TIE fighter. I remember combing Yavin with the autotarget macro spammed for the datadisk.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Gadani
U
posted 08-06-2007 02:47:56 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Demos stammered:
I'm still proud of us winning the TIE fighter. I remember combing Yavin with the autotarget macro spammed for the datadisk.

I'm proud of alot of things we did.

And then SOE stomped on the game.

And then they shat on it.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-06-2007 07:10:27 AM
Those were the days. That game was a lot of fun.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-06-2007 08:34:21 AM
quote:
Gadani said:
I'm proud of alot of things we did.

We weren't big.

We weren't famous.

But we did everything and then some. We trashed anyone who invaded the city. We beat all the dungeons. We won all the awards. We got all the dev attention in events. We were the best.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-06-2007 04:19:46 PM
Killed bounty hunters and weakass jedi while having a "Hairdresser" title over my head.

Blocking Mort's Yacht's viewscreens with my fighter.

Being am imperial who had finished the rebel theme park..

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-06-2007 04:22:02 PM
Ah, my yacht, fond memories. Like when I was cybering that girl on the upper floor "bedroom" and accidently posted the text into guildchat.

Good times.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-06-2007 04:23:13 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mortious wrote:
Ah, my yacht, fond memories. Like when I was cybering that girl on the upper floor "bedroom" and accidently posted the text into guildchat.

Good times.

Many times.

I still have the screenshot from the time you're talking about... somewhere..

Mightion Defensor
posted 08-06-2007 04:32:48 PM
I miss my Rastafarian... I mean, Mustafarian bunker.

I miss my crimson TIE Interceptor - I think I was the first in AV To get it.

I miss my Jedi Starfighter - friggin' gnat like handling. It was .

I miss the double-bladed saber animations, pre-NGE.

I miss the time Kavol had me as his scout trooper flunky standing behind him in a COMPNOR meeting.

I miss going to my factories on Chilastra and pulling out crates of R2 and R3 units.

I miss so many things about SWG.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-06-2007 04:34:41 PM
quote:
Kaiote thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Many times.

I still have the screenshot from the time you're talking about... somewhere..

As do I, And I think I have one of Grace doing that to.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-06-2007 06:07:03 PM
Almost every screenshot I had contained Gracen mischanning something inappropriate. You didn't even have to try.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-07-2007 07:23:59 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

We weren't big.

We weren't famous.

But we did everything and then some. We trashed anyone who invaded the city. We beat all the dungeons. We won all the awards. We got all the dev attention in events. We were the best.

I always had a headache with all the surveying/restocking I had to do.

Maradon!
posted 08-07-2007 07:26:07 AM
Kenn needs to invent a dish and call it Kennastew
Gork
Pancake
posted 08-07-2007 07:03:07 PM
I got hooked on the game again last month, had to cancel to convince myself to get a job. I'll be going back as soon as I cash my first paycheck.

Tarquinas is pretty much dead now. I'm spending my effort on Bloodfin instead. The game can be fun as long as you stay off the forums and ignore the mad trash-talk. (But it is still underwhelming compared to other MMO's)

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Gadani
U
posted 08-07-2007 08:42:21 PM
I've tried to like the new game.

It sucks.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-08-2007 06:35:22 AM
SOE really dropped the bomb on this one. I could've been absolutely huge. They sold millions upon millions of units at release.

Now you're lucky if there are 100 people per server with about 4 online at any one time.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-08-2007 08:21:15 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Pirotess:
SOE really dropped the bomb on this one. I could've been absolutely huge. They sold millions upon millions of units at release.

Now you're lucky if there are 100 people per server with about 4 online at any one time.

Wait, what? Holy shit, I am surprised they still keep the servers running at that rate.

I just had fun schlepping around with my stormtroopers blasting crap :3

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-08-2007 03:27:23 PM
I had a lot of fun with you guys, especially the RP events. I haven't gone back since the NGE, honestly. I keep intending to reinstall for the space combat, but never end up doing it.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gork
Pancake
posted 08-08-2007 03:31:12 PM
Mort's figures are quite low. Bloodfin has well over 100 players (online) at a given time. There are just as many people hanging around as when I first played SWG. However not all of them can be found PvP'ing at a given moment.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-08-2007 03:51:11 PM
quote:
Gork had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Mort's figures are quite low. Bloodfin has well over 100 players (online) at a given time. There are just as many people hanging around as when I first played SWG. However not all of them can be found PvP'ing at a given moment.

You know, for an MMO that sold millions of units at release, having "well over 100" people online is rather... pathetic. Methinks the only reason they haven't scrapped it all together is because of the all access pass keeping the money coming in.

Maradon!
posted 08-08-2007 06:50:01 PM
quote:
Gorking:

I was about to say, you're kinda splitting hairs. If the world is still anywhere near as large as I remember it, you're going to be wandering through vast desolate ghost towns 99% of the time whether there's 4 or 100 people on.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-08-2007 06:56:47 PM
The funny thing is I'd probably return if they merged into, like, 6 large servers.

But there's a major problem with that due to cities and player housing.

Hayato
Pancake
posted 08-08-2007 09:29:19 PM
I remember playing on my shitty 56k connection way back. Good times.
Demos
Pancake
posted 08-08-2007 10:51:21 PM
I remember quitting and coming back many, many times. Then hating how you had to be certain class combos to be effective in pvp, how abso-fuckin-lutely hard it was to level Bounty Hunter, and of course the retarded force-slot unlocking system. I think I eventually just sold everything and dumped my whole wallet into the city funds.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Gork
Pancake
posted 08-09-2007 06:02:56 AM
Maradon, It was pretty much that way to begin with. And the places people actually go are say... 1 percent of the space that actually exists and at those spots you will run into people.

The only *town* you are likely to find people, (credit spammers) Mos Eisley, has an average of 10 people in the starport, 10-30 people out front, and 15-40 people in the cantina, and 5 or so hanging out at the bazaar. (Note at the Restuss Battlefield there are people 24hrs a day on Bloodfin, numbers around 20-40. Bloodfin & Bria still regularly experience *medium/high* server stress loads. Starsider is also a big contender.

Finding people to play with isnt the big problem with the game. its all the other stuff that has always been bad about it that still exists.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 08-10-2007 02:01:00 PM
I started fooling around with the game again in early July, mainly for the space combat. I missed my TIE Oppressor...

Alas, as Mort already is aware of, a Rebel now has control of Avatar Metropolis. She delights in the fact she's taken over the city. zSnake has attempted to take back the city, to no avail. The Imperial garrison stands abandoned and within a few days of my coming back into the game, the small Imperial outpost that has stood guard beside AVM's TIE Fighter disappeared... Many of the houses are no longer standing as they got packed up into your datapads in June.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-10-2007 02:29:09 PM
Yeah, I think they could seriously revitalise the game if they destroyed ALL player structures (but give like a months notice both in-game and on the forums before doing it so people can pack them away) and merged the servers.

Otherwise it's dead.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-11-2007 12:20:05 PM
im getting tempted to try this again. Stop

First Lyinar talks about how fun the space combat was Tuesday night, now people here are talking about it...

Stop

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-11-2007 02:44:30 PM
I crashed the Sony Fan Faire last weekend here in Vegas. Just to really hang out with some old EQ friends that were in town for it.

A girl I know is dating a developer for SWG, and another developer happens to be one of my old guildmates from EQ. I sat in on a SWG panel they chaired, since I was interested in what they had to say.

I had quit the game way back before star combat because I felt they had ruined it with a remake they had done. I used to play a Smuggler/Commando, and never felt like Smugglers were... well, Smugglers.

I want to be a female Han Solo!

Anyway, since I had an entire evening with two lead developers, I was able to really hear them out and get to tell them why I left the game. They asked me what games I liked now, why I like them, and what I wanted to see in a Star Wars game. They really seemed interested in some of my ideas about Smugglers, which was cool. Especially the part about the Kessel Run.

RAR.

So yeah, I am feeling itchy to play SWG now. I miss Aiee!

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-11-2007 06:50:09 PM
I'll gladly play again..
If they merge the servers, and axe the NGE crap.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-13-2007 07:45:11 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Falaanla Marr stammered:

First Lyinar talks about how fun the space combat was Tuesday night

Cause it was!

I had more fun shooting things in space than doing normal stuff, unless it was multi-Avatar stuff. I bet I'd enjoy it even more now since my arm was still messed up from the neck tumor then and now it's working just fine.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-13-2007 08:05:14 PM
"What's your character name?"
"Dossik"
"Dossik what?"
"Dossik Dossik"
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mightion Defensor
posted 08-13-2007 08:19:46 PM
Ah, yes... I remember the first time I took Deth up in my Decimator; and what's he do? He goes into my private quarters on the ship and sits in my comfy chair.

Blew his mind when we jumped to lightspeed, though.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-14-2007 04:00:28 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael was listening to Cher while typing:
Cause it was!

I had more fun shooting things in space than doing normal stuff, unless it was multi-Avatar stuff. I bet I'd enjoy it even more now since my arm was still messed up from the neck tumor then and now it's working just fine.

The only thing I ever found wrong with the Space Combat was the lack of PVP. On the other hand, Shipwright was just an mega insaneo resource sink.

Peter fucked around with this message on 08-14-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-15-2007 06:09:17 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Ah, yes... I remember the first time I took Deth up in my Decimator; and what's he do? He goes into my private quarters on the ship and sits in my comfy chair.

Dossik find best chair. Chair obviously for Dossik. Pink fleshyman busy driving.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kennatsu
posted 08-15-2007 02:36:10 PM
Taking Mortious and company up in my character's YT-1300 and battling the various enemies in that zone where the rebel base resides was a lot of fun. Especially with all the neat equipment I had installed, like a pair of nullbolt blasters and that nice, fast engine.

I'd enjoy it more now that I've got a high speed connection as opposed to the 56k I had back then...

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: