EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: What Side To Sleep On Usually?
Author
Topic: So what side of your body do you sleep on?
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 07-09-2007 06:51:13 PM
Just wondering, I sleep on my stomach personally. I cannot and never end up on my back, ever, just can't sleep like that.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-09-2007 06:53:48 PM
All of the above.

I can sleep literally anywhere. On the floor. In a chair. Upside down a few times apparently.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-09-2007 06:54:52 PM
I would be curious for the people who answer this poll to ask their parents how they were originally slept as a child.

Of course, I'm always interested in useless data. I sleep on my side. If I sleep on my back, it stretches out funny.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-09-2007 06:56:58 PM
I prefer my stomach though right now that is exceedingly uncomfortable. Now I sleep on my side most of the time because of my sciatica. I always wake up short of breath and feeling weak if I sleep on my back nowadays...

There's no good way to sleep when you have certain conditions.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Aaron (the good one)
posted 07-09-2007 06:57:35 PM
Anything but my stomach
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Skaw
posted 07-09-2007 07:43:16 PM
I can't sleep in chairs unless they're recliners or car seats, and they're reclined.

Otherwise, I'll sleep on anything, in any position.

Steven Steve
posted 07-09-2007 09:58:14 PM
On my back, because on the side is too asymmetrical and risks circulation too much, and my neck is craned too much when I'm sleeping on my stomach.

I originally slept on my stomach

Stalwart Steve fucked around with this message on 07-09-2007 at 09:59 PM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-09-2007 10:04:01 PM
Back in our heyday, Sean and I had a rule: if you don't have to flip the other one over to reach an orifice, it's fair game.

Needless to say, I learned to sleep with my head up my own ass out of necessity. Now, it's just habit.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 07-09-2007 10:09:37 PM
Stomach. I've tried switching to back or side, to be easier on my back, but something in me just can't fall asleep anywhere but on my stomach.
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 07-09-2007 10:23:50 PM
I sleep on my side.
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 07-09-2007 10:30:33 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I would be curious for the people who answer this poll to ask their parents how they were originally slept as a child.

Only thing that is different from how I slept as a child and how I sleep now, is I don't suck my thumb. Anyway.. 90% of the time I sleep on my left side. The other 10% I sleep on my right side to spoon.

Steven Steve
posted 07-09-2007 10:30:39 PM
You will all die screaming deaths
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 07-09-2007 10:33:09 PM
I generally start sleeping on my side. I've been told I roll over onto my back though. And then sleep with my arms crossed like a vampire. I think they're lying.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 07-09-2007 10:37:13 PM
No, they're not. You really do sleep like that.

I've seen it.

Bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 07-09-2007 10:38:47 PM
So THAT would explain why I often wake up with the taste of blood in my mouth.
Maradon!
posted 07-09-2007 10:53:32 PM
I sleep on every side I have about equally.

Sometimes I sleep sitting up. The only constant is that I usually have my arms above my head because I sandwich my head between pillows.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-09-2007 11:28:24 PM
On my stomach and I have a really hard time sleeping unless I'm under some sort of sheet, be it a bedspread, blanket or anything.

Dunno why.

Demos
Pancake
posted 07-09-2007 11:33:56 PM
And here I thought I was the weird one because I can't sleep on my back. When I have to be up early I can usually just roll on to my back to keep myself from falling back asleep. Its even weirder though because I can fall asleep in a recliner. Hmmm.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Mightion Defensor
posted 07-09-2007 11:40:19 PM
I generally only fall asleep on my side... either one doesn't matter. I can't really get comfortable on my stomach.
Alaan
posted 07-10-2007 01:06:51 AM
Unless there is a female to snuggle it is impossible I will sleep on my stomach, with my head facing right, with a blanket or sheet wrapped up around me. Though I am capable of sleeping in a car's seat.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 07-10-2007 01:07:05 AM
On my side, usually my left. When I just want to nap, I sleep on my stomach though.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-10-2007 01:16:21 AM
I fall asleep on my back but wake up on my stomach pretty much every night. I can't get to sleep facing down, but I usually end up that way by the time I wake up
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-10-2007 05:57:02 AM
quote:
Sam Watkins wrote this stupid crap:
Anything but my stomach
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Greenlit
posted 07-10-2007 07:28:53 AM
I sleep like a contortionist.

Again the blame falls on Karnaj.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-10-2007 07:37:09 AM
I typically sleep on my back. However, I sometimes have trouble falling asleep on my back, so I'll lie on my left side for a while to make myself drowsy, then roll onto my back to sleep. Depending on where I am, I'll sleep with my hands at my sides or crossed over my chest or abdomen. When I'm too tired to stay awake, I'll pass out in just about any position, so long as it's reasonably comfortable, then wake up an hour or two later. If I have a bad cold that causes breathing problems, then I'll sleep on my side.

When I was younger, I had back problems for a while. I started sleeping on my back, and stretching my spine out as I laid down. That's how the habit started, and it continues for pretty much the same reason.

`Doc fucked around with this message on 07-10-2007 at 07:39 AM.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Azakias
posted 07-10-2007 07:43:26 AM
For some reason I sleep with my arms crossed at the wrist, over my head.

Weird.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-10-2007 08:19:11 AM
Whichever direction puts my head closest to my fiancee's boobies.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 07-10-2007 08:21:43 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Azakias said this:
For some reason I sleep with my arms crossed at the wrist, over my head.

Weird.

Is that where how you are usually tied up?

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 07-10-2007 09:01:17 AM
However works. Side, back, stomach, car seat, truck bed, recliner, couch, bare floor... the cold, sweet comforting tile of a bathroom floor. (It stays flawlessly clean.) The bathroom floor sleeping started when I was little, and was vomiting sick. As I got older, I ever grew out of it. And yes, I do get odd looks when I take a nap on the bathroom floor anytime I get sick, but fuck that, its cool, and comfortable, and I dont stain my bedroom with vomit.

Unless my girlfriend is in bed with me, in which case we both end up tossing and turning, and climbing back and forth over one another as we sleep.

From time to time, I HAVE to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed. sheets, blankets, pillows all have to be reversed. It's not something I have any control over. I'll just have the urge to sleep that way, and I cant get comfy any other way. I can be in the exact same position as I was before, but as long as I'm laying down in the bed backwards, I'm fine.

really annoying when it happens when I go for that middle of the night pee, and come back and have to wake her up so she can move with me.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 07-10-2007 05:56:21 PM
anything but my back - I can NOT fall asleep on my back come hell or high water.
Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 07-11-2007 04:29:42 AM
Usually my right side, and I generally can't sleep without a blanket or some kind of cover - but the problem is that I usually have to keep the fan on at all times in for it to stay cool enough for using a blanket to be comfortable. I get warm really easily.

I don't remember how I slept as a baby, but I had a tendancy to sleep on my stomach as a child until I hit puberty. Now my boobs are too big and it's really uncomfortable.

Monica fucked around with this message on 07-11-2007 at 04:30 AM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-11-2007 04:35:36 AM
Mmmmmm....boobs.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-11-2007 04:57:59 AM
quote:
Monica said:
I get warm really easily.

NUDGE. NUDGE.

WINK. WINK.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 07-11-2007 04:59:28 AM
....... that went over my head, but maybe just because it's 4AM here.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 07-11-2007 04:47:04 PM
quote:
How much Monica can a Monica-chuck chuck?
Now my boobs are too big and it's really uncomfortable.

See, to get rid of that uncomfortable-ness I sleep with 2 or three pillows under my head, lifting my chest enough so I'm not that uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach.

Although it kills my back sometimes, most of the time it stretches it out nicely.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Azakias
posted 07-11-2007 09:06:06 PM
quote:
BeauChan probably says this to all the girls:
See, to get rid of that uncomfortable-ness I sleep with 2 or three pillows under my head, lifting my chest enough so I'm not that uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach.

Although it kills my back sometimes, most of the time it stretches it out nicely.

My tactic is having one pillow under my belly. Lifts my abdoman enough so that my boobs arent taking the brunt of my weight.

I hate having big boobs.

Mightion Defensor
posted 07-11-2007 09:12:12 PM
This thread is much less fun without pictures.

Humor disclaimer.

Steven Steve
posted 07-11-2007 09:13:26 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about dark elf butts:
This thread is much less fun without pictures.

Humor disclaimer.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 07-12-2007 05:50:33 AM
I go to sleep on my side, but I'm apparently the Tazmanian Devil when I sleep. I knock the mattress around on the bedframe, and I wind up in different positions every time I sleep.

It's so bad that I can't sleep safely with anyone else in the bed. I apparently leave bruises...

Peter
Pancake
posted 07-12-2007 12:06:28 PM
I can sleep through the apocalypse. Position isn't an issue, hell I can nap standing up, though if I fall fully asleep I fall down. On a nice sunny day the bow of a boat is great place to slumber, loop an arm around the tower support and brace a leg against a cleat or bow rail.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: