EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Sword of the New World - Granado Espada
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 06-28-2007 04:33:25 AM
http://www.swordofthenewworld.com/

New Korean MMO that has an open beta up now, and for anybody that hasn't seen it it's pretty fun. Unique thing about it is that you control a Family in the new world, instead of a single character. you can have up to three family members in a party at a time, and up to 36 total in your quarters, although initially you can only have 4.

Lots of skills and attacks, called stances. Stances are learned by buying the appropriate book, and also vary based on what weapon you have equipped. For instance, an elementalist with a fire bracelet has the fire stance open, an ice bracelet the ice stance, etc.

The game's also really, really beautiful. Captures the Pioneering a new continent feel very very well, and everybody looks like gentlemen/ladies by default, although there are some provocative/silly costumes.

Ferret fucked around with this message on 06-28-2007 at 04:33 AM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-28-2007 08:43:43 AM
I have a couple problems with the game though granted I only got to level 17 or so.

1) You basically camp to level up. If you find a spot where monsters spawn that you can handle at an OK pace, you just park your guys there. I also found that if you just try and 'run though' the dungeon (that's appropriate to your level) you will most likely die since there are rooms with just a ton of monsters that your party of 3 can't handle.

2) Death. It's so bad in this game. When a character dies, they self rez in about 60 seconds. The problem with this is that if your party wipe, they don't wipe at the same time. There's usually about a 10 second gap between character deaths. Monsters respawn about every 15 seconds. So the first character that died stands up at half life and no mana, and has to take on a full room of enemies, and dies. Repeat for all your characters. You are forced to restart your party all the way back to the beginning of the game.

However there are some awesome things this game has. The ability to get NPCs permanently on your team (and player controlled). Near the beginning of the game you can help this one kid rescue the girl he has a crush on. Then after you tell him that the girl is pretty hot he fights you. If you beat him he joins you. I don't know if he has unique abilities since I can't find a complete list of them, but he had Sprint which I didn't see on any ability list I had.

The music in the game is AWESOME. I wish I could find a torrent with just the music. They even have a jukebox built in so you can pick which song you want to here for that area. Out of the first 7-10 areas I explored I haven't found a song I didn't like yet.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Maradon!
posted 06-28-2007 10:59:32 AM
I spent hours downloading the client from file planet (and you know how I feel about file planet) only to realize the "team" structure they had going on and quit before I'd finished character creation.

I can't stand games that have you playing multiple characters.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 06-28-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-28-2007 11:18:11 AM
quote:
Rockstar games presents; Maradon!;
I spent hours downloading the client from file planet (and you know how I feel about file planet) only to realize the "team" structure they had going on and quit before I'd finished character creation.

I can't stand games that have you playing multiple characters.

Maybe you should try DotA!

nem-x
posted 06-28-2007 02:13:39 PM
i'll play if someone cool plays too
nem-x
posted 06-29-2007 01:24:54 AM
well im downloading the beta for the international version anyways because i like the music that much
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-29-2007 01:33:06 AM
quote:
nem-x impressed everyone with:
i'll play if someone cool plays too

Hey I'm thinking of playing.

I'm pretty cool.

Except for that time I brought that godawful caffeine syrup stuff to your place in Fayetteville.

nem-x
posted 06-29-2007 01:40:44 AM
http://ge.iahgames.com/en/ is supposed to be better since it wont ever be pay to play or something
This is the one im gettin but the torrent is slowwwwww
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 07-02-2007 10:05:14 PM
It's very pretty. And interesting concept.

Gets dull REAL fast though, its a very mindless grindfest. Of course thats the norm for Korean MMOs.

Still fun to goof around in. I can waste time on Orpesia or whatever when I have time every now and then, since it requires such little commitment.

Honestly I've parked my team in a room of respawning monsters with Scout weaponless so he auto-heals and litterally gone and done the dishes, and have my team be fine when I come back. Usually having gone up a few levels. XD

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
nem-x
posted 07-02-2007 10:44:45 PM
Malbi
posted 07-02-2007 11:39:53 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about dark elf butts:
my team

remind me of FFXI Elvaan females sans the ears

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
nem-x
posted 07-03-2007 07:11:43 PM
Greenlit
posted 07-03-2007 08:30:57 PM
I had no idea this game was full 3D.

Everything I saw about it (ages ago) in the SA-Games thread made it seem like isometric view.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 07-03-2007 08:39:31 PM
I just can't find a game fun where I can park my guys in a room and put them to 'kill everything you see', and then go take a shower and come back a few levels higher.
nem-x
posted 07-03-2007 08:48:55 PM
You can only do that for so long without having to find a suitable spot where barrels wont spawn and pop out 15monsters at a time
Aaron (the good one)
posted 07-04-2007 04:38:09 AM
quote:
nem-x likes the cock and also said this;
You can only do that for so long without having to find a suitable spot where barrels wont spawn and pop out 15monsters at a time

So then I have to watch my guys kill everything automatically. Great.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: