EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hitman Movie Trailer
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 06-27-2007 09:56:43 AM
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-27-2007 09:58:31 AM
They should have used Jason Statham, IMHO.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-27-2007 10:14:18 AM
Statham's a little busy.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-27-2007 10:17:38 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Tarquinn said:
They should have used Jason Statham, IMHO.

Not only your opinion, but that of pretty much everyone on the net.

Now they could NOT use him for this, I have no fucking clue.

Steven Steve
posted 06-27-2007 10:28:01 AM
The "hitman" looks like a 12 year old, ha ha.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-27-2007 10:46:34 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Stalwart Steve wrote:
The "hitman" looks like a 12 year old, ha ha.

Good god he really does

Greenlit
posted 06-27-2007 11:38:31 AM
Olyphant's actually 39.

The trailer is pretty horrible, but it's just a trailer.

Steven Steve
posted 06-27-2007 11:42:51 AM
Look Mr. Frodo! An Olyphant!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 06-27-2007 11:56:10 AM
They really should have picked someone who looked good with a bald head.
Hell i could have seen Bruce Willas in that part also. He was awesome in "The jackal"
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 06-27-2007 12:30:29 PM
What the Christ?

Since when is the hitman a teenager?

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-27-2007 12:34:27 PM
Lame.
Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 06-27-2007 12:55:30 PM
Bruce Willis, Vinn Diesel, Jason Statham. All would have been better choices than a bald 15 year old.

I mean, he looks like a kid who just got out of chemo in most of the shots. No muscle mass at all, and if i remember right, 47 was quite built.

Anakha's Wii fucked around with this message on 06-27-2007 at 12:56 PM.

"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Maradon!
posted 06-27-2007 02:04:00 PM
47 was broad framed and tall. He wasn't so built that he'd stand out in a crowd, but enough to do things like pull 200lb people up through the maintenance hatch in an elevator via the piano wire around their necks.

This guy... well, he doesn't seem to fit the part much.

Malbi
posted 06-27-2007 04:02:20 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:
47 was broad framed and tall. He wasn't so built that he'd stand out in a crowd, but enough to do things like pull 200lb people up through the maintenance hatch in an elevator via the piano wire around their necks.

This guy... well, he doesn't seem to fit the part much.

at first I thought there were doing a spykids version of Hitman with that guy sheesh

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-27-2007 04:08:46 PM
quote:
Malbi spewed forth this undeniable truth:
at first I thought there were doing a spykids version of Hitman with that guy sheesh

Haha, that's the only vaguely funny thing you've said in all the time you've been here, you fucking creepy shithead.

Talonus
Loner
posted 06-27-2007 04:12:13 PM
Removing the mustache makes him look like a totally different person compared to his role as Bullock in Deadwood. Can't even recognize him. Statham would've fit the role better, but he wasn't interested apparently.

Of course, this looks like it'll suck just because it looks like a generic action movie. Explosions? Love interest? Protected by God? No piano wire? That's not Hitman.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 06-27-2007 04:25:21 PM
Wow... the shots in the suit make him look like a kid playing dressup.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-27-2007 04:26:02 PM
quote:
Talonus wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Removing the mustache makes him look like a totally different person compared to his role as Bullock in Deadwood. Can't even recognize him. Statham would've fit the role better, but he wasn't interested apparently.

And yet he stars in Dungeon Siege...what ominous power does Uwe Boll have over celebrities?

Talonus
Loner
posted 06-27-2007 04:35:13 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
And yet he stars in Dungeon Siege...what ominous power does Uwe Boll have over celebrities?

I figured he sold his soul at some point. That's the only explanation I could come up with for Ben Kingsley being in one of his films.

Azakias
posted 06-27-2007 05:46:09 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Knight Rider:

Money?

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-27-2007 07:00:52 PM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Money?

How can that be, though? It's not like Boll's movies make a great deal and it's not like Ray fucking Liotta is usually hurting for work. HE WAS A GOODFELLA, FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Unless Boll has been harboring some amazing fortune from the public, it's a mystery to me.

Azakias
posted 06-27-2007 07:32:17 PM
How about notoriety?

Boll has a cult following, and a lot of people see his movies just to see for themselves how utterly horrible they are. Even if the movies are not well received, people are still shelling out the cash to watch/rent/buy them, for that reason only.

Greenlit
posted 06-27-2007 08:26:38 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
How can that be, though? It's not like Boll's movies make a great deal

They don't have to.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Boll exploits international tax codes to recoup a majority of production costs.

Greenlit
posted 06-27-2007 08:34:33 PM
For example, Tomb Raider had a budget of $94 Million. But it actually cost less than 7, and here's how.

The loophole was (largely) closed in January of this year, with exception given to native Germans and native German production companies. Of which Boll is both so he's free and clear to produce steaming piles of shit for years to come.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 06-27-2007 at 08:35 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: