EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: US-Army Bear
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-21-2007 05:03:46 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6729745.stm

Cool and ridiculous at the same time.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-21-2007 09:34:12 AM
That thing is terrifying.
Steven Steve
posted 06-21-2007 09:34:53 AM
"What the fuck is that thing!?"
"I dunno but it's carrying a soldier, get it!"
"No wait!! It has a teddy bear head!"
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Led
*kaboom*
posted 06-21-2007 10:48:13 AM
I saw this before, and it pissed me off incredibly. More idiot officers wasting money on crap we do not need, and that will not work, and does not really have a place on the battlefield.
Alaan
posted 06-21-2007 10:51:56 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Captain Planet:
That thing is terrifying.

It's no wonder! It's made be Vecna.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-21-2007 11:06:02 AM
quote:
Led startled the peaceful upland Gorillas, blurting:
I saw this before, and it pissed me off incredibly. More idiot officers wasting money on crap we do not need, and that will not work, and does not really have a place on the battlefield.

Yes, because it's so much better to lie there bleeding out than to have a robot come get you when the medic can't due to the situation!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-21-2007 11:26:46 AM
I'd rather they spend money on stuff like this than yet another redesign of the Air Force service dress uniform. I don't know why the people pushing for this don't just come out and say "Fuck it! I'm tired of being in the service. I wanna go work for Bill Blass."
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-21-2007 11:37:52 AM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Callalron squealed:
I'd rather they spend money on stuff like this than yet another redesign of the Air Force service dress uniform. I don't know why the people pushing for this don't just come out and say "Fuck it! I'm tired of being in the service. I wanna go work for Bill Blass."

Yeah. The problem there is that, unfortunately, the only lasting impression a Chief of Staff can have on his service (this goes for the others, too) is to change the uniform. Everything else has a cycle longer than his term, or can be too easily reversed by a successor.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 06-21-2007 12:16:48 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Bloodsage wrote:
Yeah. The problem there is that, unfortunately, the only lasting impression a Chief of Staff can have on his service (this goes for the others, too) is to change the uniform. Everything else has a cycle longer than his term, or can be too easily reversed by a successor.

This is pissing the senior enlisted off. Chiefs in the Navy are proud of their khakis, and with us all going to similar uniforms, they dont get to stand out anymore.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Led
*kaboom*
posted 06-21-2007 02:14:56 PM
quote:
From the book of Bloodsage, chapter 3, verse 16:
Yes, because it's so much better to lie there bleeding out than to have a robot come get you when the medic can't due to the situation!

Which is why we train everyone to be a combat lifesaver, who can pretty much do as much as a medic can in a 'lying there bleeding out in the middle of a street' scenario.

But yeah, hoisting a soldier up into the air on a big slow smiley target that cannot do anything at all about said soldier bleeding out has to be a better idea.

Demos
Pancake
posted 06-21-2007 02:17:48 PM
From an outside perspective, it would seem that if the robot was doing the carrying, that's one extra soldier that can devote himeslf to continuing to defend and cover the injured soldier.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-21-2007 02:36:46 PM
quote:
Quoth Led:
Which is why we train everyone to be a combat lifesaver, who can pretty much do as much as a medic can in a 'lying there bleeding out in the middle of a street' scenario.

But yeah, hoisting a soldier up into the air on a big slow smiley target that cannot do anything at all about said soldier bleeding out has to be a better idea.

Don't be stupid. Better the robot is in the open while everyone else can stay in cover, and I seriously doubt it'll be dangerously slow when finished. It's stupid to send a person into fire to get a buddy when one can send a (presumably) small arms-proof robot instead, and let the people deal with important issues like killing bad guys.

I suppose we should scrap medevac helicopters, too, since it's so much more glorious to double-time with a stretcher?

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 06-21-2007 03:17:59 PM
quote:
Bloodsage thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Don't be stupid. Better the robot is in the open while everyone else can stay in cover, and I seriously doubt it'll be dangerously slow when finished. It's stupid to send a person into fire to get a buddy when one can send a (presumably) small arms-proof robot instead, and let the people deal with important issues like killing bad guys.

I suppose we should scrap medevac helicopters, too, since it's so much more glorious to double-time with a stretcher?

I can't think of a single situation where the robot would not be a better choice than sending a human. I can think of a couple situations where you wouldn't want to send either (Due to the risk of exposing a wounded soldier to even more fire), but that's all. One more soldier is one more person laying down covering fire to suppress enemy combatants that would otherwise be shooting at the medic AND wounded soldier. And I assume the robot will be well shielded enough to provide at least some cover for the soldier.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 06-21-2007 at 03:19 PM.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-21-2007 03:44:08 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
"No wait!! It has a teddy bear head!"

It lulls the enemy into a false sense of security before unleashing it's eye lasers.

Skaw
posted 06-21-2007 05:09:28 PM
There was much lawlz on the Colbert Report the other week.

Threat Down went

5. Robots
4. Bears
3. Robots
2. Bears
1. Robot Bears.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-21-2007 09:12:10 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: