EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Microsoft
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 06-06-2007 11:12:07 AM
What is a Microsoft Certification, what does it do for you, how much would doing it run me, and what do I have to do to get it?

(I'm trying to talk my command into sending me TAD for it, if I can.)

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-06-2007 11:14:10 AM
I think you probably mean "Microsoft Certified System Engineer".

Here's a link to Microsoft's page on it:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.mspx

Though I don't know why you'd think you need it if you don't know what it is

Azakias
posted 06-06-2007 11:16:56 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr wrote this stupid crap:
I think you probably mean "Microsoft Certified System Engineer".

Here's a link to Microsoft's page on it:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.mspx

Though I don't know why you'd think you need it if you don't know what it is

Just because.

Thats how you get a lot of qualifications in the Navy.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 06-06-2007 11:18:41 AM
What do airplane electrician work and microsoft computer systems have in common? You aren't an IT now are you?
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-06-2007 11:19:57 AM
quote:
From the book of Azakias, chapter 3, verse 16:
Just because.

Thats how you get a lot of qualifications in the Navy.

Or time off?

Anyways, yeah. The link should give you what you need to know. While I've heard that an MCSE isn't too terribly valuable beyond entry level people trying to get entry level work (they're dirt common nowadays), it can't hurt to have it either. Especially if you can get the Navy to fund it.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 06-06-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Azakias
posted 06-06-2007 11:20:51 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Elvish Crack Piper!
What do airplane electrician work and microsoft computer systems have in common? You aren't an IT now are you?

Same reason I have done courses in legal, HM, AM, AME, and AT. I may be an AE, but it doesnt mean I have to remain in my rate all the time.

I'm also planning on doing Solder Tech, Micro-Min, and IMRL.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-06-2007 11:28:07 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr said:
I've heard that an MCSE isn't too terribly valuable beyond entry level people trying to get entry level work (they're dirt common nowadays

Heh, here in England they throw blank cheques at MCSE's.

It's great.

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-06-2007 04:30:51 PM
quote:
Azakias thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Same reason I have done courses in legal, HM, AM, AME, and AT. I may be an AE, but it doesnt mean I have to remain in my rate all the time.

I'm also planning on doing Solder Tech, Micro-Min, and IMRL.

Thought about going mustang?

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-06-2007 04:58:41 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Cuba:
Or time off?

Anyways, yeah. The link should give you what you need to know. While I've heard that an MCSE isn't too terribly valuable beyond entry level people trying to get entry level work (they're dirt common nowadays), it can't hurt to have it either. Especially if you can get the Navy to fund it.

Entry level? Entry level is first line support monkey tech support, which requires nothing beyond a high school diploma.

MCSE's who have a decent work history are reasonably valuable, and tend to make above average good money.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Azakias
posted 06-06-2007 05:45:22 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Peter stammered:
Thought about going mustang?

Possible.

I'd only do that if I got a guarenteed department.

I was thinking of going CWO or something like that.

Gotta make E7 for that though, in the Navy.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 06-07-2007 03:38:57 AM
quote:
Reynar probably says this to all the girls:
Entry level? Entry level is first line support monkey tech support, which requires nothing beyond a high school diploma.

MCSE's who have a decent work history are reasonably valuable, and tend to make above average good money.

MCSE's without any IT work history don't make you just a tad bit nervous?

-H

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: